• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The anime seemed to have a personal vendetta against Decidueye. I doubt Rowlet will ever evolve
More like GF made Rowlet’s appearance a little “too appealing”.

AxelJade

I can see Ash using Quilava, Rowlet and Oshawott for PLA promotion at some point this year.
There's actually a funny idea I've always had for how I think the anime could promote Legends: Arceus.

Journeys rushes to conclude its story. Ash battles Leon and Goh has his encounter with Mew. The two of them have a cute moment of connecting now that they feel their goals for this generation are complete... Then a funny moment of wondering what comes next... Then suddenly, we're in the past of Sinnoh, following ancient Sinnoh versions of Ash, Dawn, Brock, Barry, Paul, and the Rocket trio all chasing after Arceus.

No natural transition. Just Ash and Goh finishing their goals, looking at each other to ask "Now what?" before the credits roll. No next episode preview to give what's next away. And suddenly, it's the Diamond and Pearl anime all over again, but in ancient Sinnoh and following the plot of Legends: Arceus instead of DPPt.

I am absolutely 100% that the anime will not and would NEVER handle it that way. More than likely, yes, Ash is going to dust off one of his own Pokémon. I would prefer Quilava get used, personally. But wouldn't it be absolutely hilarious is the anime handled promoting Legends: Arceus in the way I suggested?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
And they crapped all over Decidueye because of it

how? by letting Rowlet beat it in combat?

even though to date Rowlet is the only pokemon capable of pulling that off with it's natural move set (meaning no tm or breeding moves) due to being weak to itself in all forms? something no other starter can claim.

I would honestly like to see Ash with Decidueye, Rowlet sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the alola team and with Alola's time in the limelight passed, I don't see why it couldn't evolve now.

Personally because of legends, if Quilava, Oshawott and Rowlet were brought back to represent fire/water/grass i would not mind but only if they evolve.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

I am done seeing Raichu being scapegoat for Pikachu glorification. Its an evolution and is supposed to be stronger than Pikachu. If they go Pikachu vs Raichu against Volkner and make him a fall guy, it would be highly disappointing as Raichu is Volkner's First pokemon as well and he legit majors in Electric types.

D

Deleted member 384931

If they dont give us a new opening soon, could they at least update the opening with the pokemon that evolved like Drizzle and Sirfechted?

And Grookey will evolve if it uses a move for once. Pikachu hasnt fought in almost ONE YEAR

AxelJade

I am done seeing Raichu being scapegoat for Pikachu glorification. Its an evolution and is supposed to be stronger than Pikachu. If they go Pikachu vs Raichu against Volkner and make him a fall guy, it would be highly disappointing as Raichu is Volkner's First pokemon as well and he legit majors in Electric types.
I legitimately have never seen the problem with Raichu losing to Pikachu all the time.

"Oh, Raichu's supposed to be the better, evolved form!"

Okay... And? The anime presents a version of the Pokémon world not limited by what the games say. Even when game logic comes up, like in The School of Hard Knocks, it only comes up so that Ash can win despite the odds and prove that the anime is committed to being its own world with its own rules. Not just a straight adaptation of the games it's adapting.

In a world where there are no level caps to limit how strong a Pokémon can get or stats to dictate how well a Pokémon performs in attack and defense, a Pikachu that beat every Raichu it battles is something that can plausibly happen. Even if the games say Raichu should be the one winning. And even then, Visquez's Raichu pretty handily put Ash's Pikachu away and would have done so if Ash didn't recall Pikachu for Gengar. So you've gotten your "Raichu is strong and more than just a Pikachu hype man" moment.

AxelJade

The rivalry of Pikachu and Raichu, by itself, was never my issue. My issue was always the "will they, won't they" over whether or not Pikachu needs to evolve after a Raichu kicks its butt.

In the Indigo League, it's actually tense because it's the first time it's happened. Any time afterwards, though? It annoys me because we all know how it's going to go. We know Pikachu is going to refuse to evolve and insist that it can beat a Raichu on its own. We know Ash is going to respect Pikachu's feelings and not evolve it. Instead of wasting screentime on something so pointless, show Ash and Pikachu training and strategizing for the inevitable rematch so that it's more believable when Pikachu wins.

Megapixel

Boss: i do have a great scenario for the next new episode of pokemon!
Writers: Please!! Give your ideas here!!!
Boss: Let's add them again to the fight between Pikachu and Raichu !!
Writers: SUBARASHII!!!! Let's do it!!!!!
. . . . .
Writers: Wait? Again?
insert bart and lisa's meme, "Good raichu vs pikachu" nothing beats you.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Hmm... Well Axew showed us that anything is possible
Tbf you can't exactly compare an ex-main caster to someone that's forever a main caster and also very rarely has offscreen evos or post-original saga evos.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

To be fair, Pikachu would have lost to Visquez's Raichu if Ash did not substitute him for Gengar.

I don't mind if a Raichu fails to Pikachu if that Raichu or the trainer was a butt like Sho and Surge were.

If it's a respectable relationship, it does make sense for Pikachu to lose to a Raichu for the nature of Pokémon in general.

As for Volkner, if he does use Raichu, I hope that Ash uses a different Pokémon to defeat him as well. Raichu was hinted to be E4 status and why Luxray was his Gym Ace instead of his starter Raichu.

At this point in time, I don't want Pikachu pulling off insane amounts of power until the Master Class. One of the Pokémon of his team could use the boost of EXP per say.

If he's smart, Sirfetch's sword and shield tactics of battling could help in a battle against Raichu.

Personally speaking, I want Volkner to use a Rotom form or a Pachirisu just to mess with everyone. Maybe he can use a Pachirisu as a nod to the infamous one from Worlds a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.