• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Female Mawile would actually be a pretty solid choice for Ash.

It's feminine but not too feminine to the point it would look out of place on Ash's team.

It provides Ash a Fairy Type.

And the writers wouldn't even have to worry about evolving it unless they want to go the Mega route
I can imagine a dynamic similar to Bayleef -Ash

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
oh, If Ash gets a female Mawile. Ash's Mawile SHOULD be a talking Pokémon like Team Rocket's Meowth does again.
Even through mawile is not one of Talking Pokémon but What should it speak in what accent? Unova accent? Galar Accent?
Dude, he had a talking Rotomdex in Alola (technically not a party member, but still a companion). I prefer they avoid the route of give Ash a talking mon. It’s annoying.

Surprised people actually like the idea of a mawile for Ash. It’s actually a very unique mon, it should have been his first steel type, and despite not be very popular, I like it enough.

Yeah, maybe not that similar to beyleef, but something between her and aipom. She tries to be cool, but it’s actually very clumsy and bites everything when distressed.

Dude, he had a talking Rotomdex in Alola (technically not a party member, but still a companion). I prefer they avoid the route of give Ash a talking mon. It’s annoying.

Surprised people actually like the idea of a mawile for Ash. It’s actually a very unique mon, it should have been his first steel type, and despite not be very popular, I like it enough.
I would be fine with it not talking as Mawile is still not a popular Pokémon enough for Ash to catch it but I would be okay with mawile only saying her name as long as she's voiced by someone else.

I wished The Writers could give an Earlier Rotomdex back in Advanced Generation but less Annoying unlike that Alola route.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Mimey? If you don't count Mimey then he also need Psychic type which means Gardevoir or Hatterene is the better option. Though I think the writer will only give Ash such pokemon if Japan kids (their audience) want feminime pokemon for Ash.

to be fair, Mimey's "status" is so questionable that Ash getting his "own" psychic/fairy (or both) would appeal to people including myself.

Last edited:

AxelJade

So, I only ask because I'm watching Diamond and Pearl: Galactic Battles as I type this, so I apologize if this has nothing to do with anything... Hypothetically, if Paul came back in a future episode, how would you guys want his character to be handled? Would you want him to be more obviously loosened up and softer so that it's more obvious that Ash had an impact? Would you guys want him to still have his standard "I don't associate with anyone and I'm a jerk about it" demeanor with his development being more subtle? Or would you want the anime to try and put some unique spin on Paul's personality that mixes both of those approaches?

I mean, either way, if Paul were to hypothetically come back, we all know the episode would be another "former rival of Ash assumes Goh is Ash's rival and not fit to be so, so Goh needs to prove himself" deal, so maybe it's for the best for Paul to never come back. I wouldn't that to be all he's used for. But I still can't help but wonder.

nickdt

So, I only ask because I'm watching Diamond and Pearl: Galactic Battles as I type this, so I apologize if this has nothing to do with anything... Hypothetically, if Paul came back in a future episode, how would you guys want his character to be handled? Would you want him to be more obviously loosened up and softer so that it's more obvious that Ash had an impact? Would you guys want him to still have his standard "I don't associate with anyone and I'm a jerk about it" demeanor with his development being more subtle? Or would you want the anime to try and put some unique spin on Paul's personality that mixes both of those approaches?

I mean, either way, if Paul were to hypothetically come back, we all know the episode would be another "former rival of Ash assumes Goh is Ash's rival and not fit to be so, so Goh needs to prove himself" deal, so maybe it's for the best for Paul to never come back. I wouldn't that to be all he's used for. But I still can't help but wonder.

Imagine Paul scanning Gohs Pokemon and saying they are all weak.

AxelJade

Weirdly enough, I'd rather not. Because Paul would have a point, and the show would undermine it. Goh doesn't focus on battling and training, so Paul would 100% be right that his Pokémon are weak (at least compared to Ash and Paul). But then a conflict would happen that lets Paul fight alongside Goh, and Paul would end the episode by treating Goh with respect, having somehow determined through that one conflict that Goh and his Pokémon aren't weak.

It'd be satisfying in the moment, but it'd immediately be undermined later.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Now that someone has brought this up I need to ask: Is it possible that Goh's Pokemon have great battle potential but he just doesn't battle enough to let it flourish? Like how some Pokemon are more cut out for battle than others

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything

Weirdly enough, I'd rather not. Because Paul would have a point, and the show would undermine it. Goh doesn't focus on battling and training, so Paul would 100% be right that his Pokémon are weak (at least compared to Ash and Paul). But then a conflict would happen that lets Paul fight alongside Goh, and Paul would end the episode by treating Goh with respect, having somehow determined through that one conflict that Goh and his Pokémon aren't weak.

It'd be satisfying in the moment, but it'd immediately be undermined later.
You think Paul would react any different if he found out Goh has Eternatus and Suicune?

AxelJade

Now that someone has brought this up I need to ask: Is it possible that Goh's Pokemon have great battle potential but he just doesn't battle enough to let it flourish? Like how some Pokemon are more cut out for battle than others
I would think so. We know for a fact that, at the very least, Cinderace and Scizor have the potential. Aerodactyl and Flygon, definitely. Golurk, sure. The problem as I see it, though, is that Goh has so many Pokémon that we don't get to see often enough that it's impossible to say what Pokémon could or wouldn't have potential. Aside from the ones we've already seen Goh use in battle, of course.

AxelJade

You think Paul would react any different if he found out Goh has Eternatus and Suicune?
I mean, it depends.

If Ash boasted that Goh has them and Goh just held up his PokéDex to show Paul "see?! I'm a good Trainer! I totally am!", then I can see Paul insulting Suicune and Eternatus. "How pathetic. Any Legendary Pokémon that lets itself get caught by someone like you isn't fit to be a Legend."

If Suicune happened to be nearby, I see Paul locking eyes with it in a moment of connection before cockily challenging Goh to a battle to see how good Goh and Suicune are firsthand... And Paul winning due to his rougher battle style, any outside of the box battling he might have picked up from Ash, and Goh's choice to focus on captures over battles meaning he doesn't have Paul's sheer experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.