• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I mean, it depends.

If Ash boasted that Goh has them and Goh just held up his PokéDex to show Paul "see?! I'm a good Trainer! I totally am!", then I can see Paul insulting Suicune and Eternatus. "How pathetic. Any Legendary Pokémon that lets itself get caught by someone like you isn't fit to be a Legend."

If Suicune happened to be nearby, I see Paul locking eyes with it in a moment of connection before cockily challenging Goh to a battle to see how good Goh and Suicune are firsthand... And Paul winning due to his rougher battle style, any outside of the box battling he might have picked up from Ash, and Goh's choice to focus on captures over battles meaning he doesn't have Paul's sheer experience.
I can see that happening this scenario is perfect atleast goh will learn from this lesson

Decidueye23

Now that someone has brought this up I need to ask: Is it possible that Goh's Pokemon have great battle potential but he just doesn't battle enough to let it flourish? Like how some Pokemon are more cut out for battle than others
Ash and Chimchar's whole point in DP was that, with the right kind of treatment and motivation no pokemon is weak. So i guess inherently every pokemon has great potential. Its just how a trainer chooses to raise it.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
I would think so. We know for a fact that, at the very least, Cinderace and Scizor have the potential. Aerodactyl and Flygon, definitely. Golurk, sure. The problem as I see it, though, is that Goh has so many Pokémon that we don't get to see often enough that it's impossible to say what Pokémon could or wouldn't have potential. Aside from the ones we've already seen Goh use in battle, of course.
1. So should I see/interpret this as the writers handing the new Protag a bunch of stronger than normal Pokemon, that he has no business having? (Cinderace gets a pass)

2. Could any of them beat any of Ash's Pokemon, or beat someone a Gym Leader/Elite Four/Champion? Or anyone with a ton of Trainer/Battle experience?

AxelJade

1. So should I see/interpret this as the writers handing the new Protag a bunch of stronger than normal Pokemon, that he has no business having? (Cinderace gets a pass)

2. Could any of them beat any of Ash's Pokemon, or beat someone a Gym Leader/Elite Four/Champion? Or anyone with a ton of Trainer/Battle experience?
For both of those questions, you won't like my answer.

When asked who was stronger, Thor or the Incredible Hulk, Thor and Hulk creator Stan Lee did not give a definitive power scaling answer that makes sense. He said that it depends on who writes the story. If the writer is a Thor fan, Thor will be stronger. If the writer is a Hulk fan, the Hulk will be stronger. Basically, whatever story the writers want to tell, they won't follow some set power scale. They'll write whatever makes more sense for the story.

Should you interpret Goh getting strong Pokémon as the writers just handing out strong Pokémon to the new guy when he shouldn't have them? Could Goh's Pokémon keep up with more experienced Trainers? That entirely depends on the needs of the story. If the writers want to tell a story that makes Goh look really cool by fighting an Elite Four member and winning, then Goh's Pokémon will be strong enough to beat the Elite Four member, even if Goh is using strong Pokémon he hasn't used in battle before. If the writers want to write a story where Goh uses all of his strongest Pokémon in a battle and loses to some out-of-nowhere strong guy we've never met before, even if Goh's Pokémon seem like they should snatch the win easy, Goh will lose even if it makes no sense.

Morax

King of heroes
For both of those questions, you won't like my answer.

When asked who was stronger, Thor or the Incredible Hulk, Thor and Hulk creator Stan Lee did not give a definitive power scaling answer that makes sense. He said that it depends on who writes the story. If the writer is a Thor, Thor will be stronger. If the writer is a Hulk, the Hulk will be stronger. Basically, whatever story the writers want to tell, they won't follow some set power scale. They'll write whatever makes more sense for the story.

Should you interpret Goh getting strong Pokémon as the writers just handing out strong Pokémon to the new guy when he shouldn't have them? Could Goh's Pokémon keep up with more experienced Trainers? That entirely depends on the needs of the story. If the writers want to tell a story that makes Goh look really cool by fighting an Elite Four member and winning, then Goh's Pokémon will be strong enough to beat the Elite Four member, even if Goh is using strong Pokémon he hasn't used in battle before. If the writers want to write a story where Goh uses all of his strongest Pokémon in a battle and loses to some out-of-nowhere strong guy we've never met before, even if Goh's Pokémon seem like they should snatch the win easy, Goh will lose even if it makes no sense.
Who's stronger, Hulk or Stan Lee?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So nothing has changed.

esquilo09

Is this your opinion?
Yes, I might be wrong(I hope), but think for a sec. In the Seaking tournament Ash and Misty had to release their Seakings due to the tournament's rules, the same thing happened in the Power of Us movie where Ash released those Pokémons he caught due to the tournament's rules, so it's possible it'll happen again in the next week's episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.