• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
And he never should have trade her away.

Agreed 100%. Dawn with Ambipom was so hit and miss that it became a chore to watch them together. Then they give her away and they give Dawn another girl that ended up being even less used.

The other pure Normal types I could see Ash having are Ursaring, Linoone, Stoutland and maybe if they are bold enough, Porygon-Z.

esquilo09

Agreed 100%. Dawn with Ambipom was so hit and miss that it became a chore to watch them together. Then they give her away and they give Dawn another girl that ended up being even less used.

The other pure Normal types I could see Ash having are Ursaring, Linoone, Stoutland and maybe if they are bold enough, Porygon-Z.
I think Ursaring will be caught by Go.

Samurott

I thought all the Piplup speculation was done and over with when Dawn made her appearance. What if Lucario is the BDSP representative? Ash getting an Empoleon would add nothing to his current team. We know that types overlap, but Ash never caught a dual typed Pokemon that was already covered by a respective team member before. I don't count Noivern in XY because Flying types have nearly no pure typings and because Goodra wasn't with Ash when he caught Noibat. Lastly, Gen 6 had the smallest roster of new Pokemon that could be given to Ash.

As for a pure Normal type for Ash, I'd say it would be Kangaskhan. It seems to me that they want to exceed the number of Ash's non-released Kanto Pokemon (as in not roaming in the wild) so he'd have more Kanto than Unova Pokemon. Before this series, it was tied at 9 for each with Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Kingler, Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, and Primape vs Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Unfezant, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, and Krookodile. Having him catch Dragonite and Gengar would make it 11 Kanto Pokemon (12 with a Kangaskhan), which solidifies the lead above Unova.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I thought all the Piplup speculation was done and over with when Dawn made her appearance. What if Lucario is the BDSP representative? Ash getting an Empoleon would add nothing to his current team. We know that types overlap, but Ash never caught a dual typed Pokemon that was already covered by a respective team member before.

Dragonite would like to have a word.

Even if the types overlap it's still in the writers court, you say things can't happen, but this series has more than dropkicked that notion out the window when it comes to what ash is going to use.

If they want him to get Piplup and evolve it they will, if they want him to get Kubfu and evolve it despite it's evo's having debuted (which hasn't stopped him before anyway) they will.

Samurott

Dragonite would like to have a word.

Even if the types overlap it's still in the writers court, you say things can't happen, but this series has more than dropkicked that notion out the window when it comes to what ash is going to use.

If they want him to get Piplup and evolve it they will, if they want him to get Kubfu and evolve it despite it's evo's having debuted (which hasn't stopped him before anyway) they will.

Except flying pokemon...

When I say respective team member, I'm talking about a Pokemon's team members from a specific series, not altogether. And yes, we know that Journeys is unpredictable, but that's not a legitimate counter to speculation.

AxelJade

Actually that kangaskhan from Pika's origin could be caught by Ash.
Unlikely, if you ask me. If anything, giving that Kangaskhan an episode is asking for one of those cliché filler episodes. Ash gets sad seeing Pikachu reconnect with Kangaskhan, the writers draaaaag out the question of "will Ash release Pikachu?" for the sake of shocking new fans that don't know Pikachu's Goodbye exists, a Team Rocket attack happens, and Pikachu chooses to stay with Ash even as Ash tries to release him.

That's all I can see happening in an episode with that Kangaskhan.

ShadowForce720

When I say respective team member, I'm talking about a Pokemon's team members from a specific series, not altogether. And yes, we know that Journeys is unpredictable, but that's not a legitimate counter to speculation.
He caught a Krokorok after already owning a Scraggy and Palpitoad in BW. In fact in BW Ash’s Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy, Palpitoad, and Krookodile all had full type overlaps with other team members, so that’s about a little more or about half of his Unova team.

Samurott

He caught a Krokorok after already owning a Scraggy and Palpitoad in BW. In fact in BW Ash’s Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy, Palpitoad, and Krookodile all had full type overlaps with other team members, so that’s about a little more or about half of his Unova team.
Scraggy was never utilized as a Dark type while Krookodile was. Oshawott and Snivy were pure typings with Palpitoad and Leavanny each bringing something unique to the table. The argument is about dual typings and that Empoleon is pointless since Ash has Water and Steel types on his current team already. Whether Lucario uses a Steel move or not still remains to be seen.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It seems to me that they want to exceed the number of Ash's non-released Kanto Pokemon (as in not roaming in the wild) so he'd have more Kanto than Unova Pokemon. Before this series, it was tied at 9 for each with Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Kingler, Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, and Primape vs Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Unfezant, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, and Krookodile. Having him catch Dragonite and Gengar would make it 11 Kanto Pokemon (12 with a Kangaskhan), which solidifies the lead above Unova.
That’s such a reach. Why would they card about such an arbitrary thing?

Samurott

That’s such a reach. Why would they card about such an arbitrary thing?
Other than the writers/TPC loving Kanto more than anything, I wouldn't know what else it could be. When this series first started and we saw that Ash caught Dragonite, everyone thought that Ash was going to get one old Pokemon from each region. Since that's not the case, it's the only reason I could think of since they decided to give him two Kanto, one Sinnoh, and two Galar.

Master Pikachu 11

The only pure Normal Type Pokemon I can think that suits Ash are Zangoose and/or Slaking
I would go with Kangaskhan as others have mentioned if he were to get a pure normal type again.
That i want see new pokemon in Ash's team:
Ice - Weavile
Bug - Centiskorch
Ground - Runerigus
Normal - Braviary
Ice: Weavile, or Avalugg
Bug: Golisopod
Ground: Gible evolves into Garchomp
Psychic: Mimey will probably not be used again so he should get something better to be used. Gardevoir, or Metagross or Latias or Latios would be my choices.
Rock: Bring back Larvitar and have it be a Tyranitar already, it taking on Raihan’s Duraludon would be a big miss opportunity.
Fairy: Grimmsnarl

And yet in official battles Gladion never abused Silvally’s ability and only stuck to one type change per battle.
The point is, he can chose what type it change into midway to the battle.

Mega evolution had the type change or no-change already decided before the pokemon enter the battle.

Mega evolution is nerfed in the anime as the pokemon do not change early in the battle like in the game. Meanwhile, Silvally's ability is buffed in the anime as it can chose the disc after entering the battle as opposed to before the start of battle like in the game.

Imo, Gladion should have not been allowed to throw battle item to the battle field. If he want to change Silvally's type, the disc should have been attached to Silvally prior to the battle like Mega Stone.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Scraggy was never utilized as a Dark type while Krookodile was. Oshawott and Snivy were pure typings with Palpitoad and Leavanny each bringing something unique to the table. The argument is about dual typings and that Empoleon is pointless since Ash has Water and Steel types on his current team already. Whether Lucario uses a Steel move or not still remains to be seen.
Even if Lucario uses a Steel type move Empoleon’s battle style is different enough from Lucario’s and Dracovish’s battle style that it won’t be a problem.

Plus it would likely be common that Lucario, Dracovish, and Empoleon won’t be traveling battling with each along each other for a good amount of time as some will probably be rotated and team up with other Pokémon.

So Ash having those 3 Pokémon together is not a problem nor is it pointless.

And in all honesty no matter how it’s worded the argument that Ash’s can’t catch “x” Pokémon because it he has never caught it before is a weak and pointless argument.
Other than the writers/TPC loving Kanto more than anything, I wouldn't know what else it could be. When this series first started and we saw that Ash caught Dragonite, everyone thought that Ash was going to get one old Pokemon from each region. Since that's not the case, it's the only reason I could think of since they decided to give him two Kanto, one Sinnoh, and two Galar.
We don’t know that he won’t get Pokémon from the other regions like Hoenn, Johto, Unova, and Kalos as the series has not concluded yet.

There is still plenty of time left for additional captures, so there is still a chance he could catch Pokémon from those regions.

The point is, he can chose what type it change into midway to the battle.

Mega evolution had the type change or no-change already decided before the pokemon enter the battle.
That literally does not matter Mega Evolution still has a bigger impact on the battle then Silvally changing it’s type during battle once per battle.

Your missing the point that is still not cheating. Is it a cheap tactic? debatable, but it is not cheating.

Look it would be one thing if Silvally was constantly changing it’s type in a official battle to counter its opponent and their moves. However that’s not what happened and instead it wound up limiting itself to one type change per battle.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Other than the writers/TPC loving Kanto more than anything, I wouldn't know what else it could be.
It’s literally just that. They have been unapologetic about going full force on including as much Kanto as possible in all Pokémon media since Mega Mewtwo Y was in the Genesect movie. At this point they couldn’t be more blunt about it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

That doesn't really matter though. They gave Ash two pure Fighting-types in Journeys already. Now, one is dual-typed, does that make Sirfetch'd irrelevant? No, since they have different battling styles.

Empoleon would not battle the same as a Lucario or as an Unolalala even if they overlap in type

Status
Not open for further replies.