• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

Wishing people to endure a natural disaster over a situation that occurs in a television program is messed up man. We can criticize things but wishing people potential death is morally and fundamentally wrong.

When we literally have multiple episodes before this episode that are untitled and you have no idea on how those episodes proceed. This episode may simply be the apex. Reading the follow up comments, I hope you get the assistance you need and require. But that singular comment wasn't needed and never under any circumstances okay.

AxelJade

Wishing people to endure a natural disaster over a situation that occurs in a television program is messed up man. We can criticize things but wishing people potential death is morally and fundamentally wrong.
Again. I'm sorry I said that. I know I shouldn't have said that. That's just the dark place I defaulted to. But my personal issues and mental state aren't an excuse, so I am sorry and I won't say that again.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Make it a multi-episode mini-arc where Ash is racing against someone arguably more deserving of the Keystone and Lucarionite than he is. Even if the reason for that more deservedness is built on flimsy justification, I'd live with that.

and then what? Ash allows this person to take the mega stone because they seem more "Deserving?"

If you ask me, Ash is way past due for this, the writers cage minded thinking is why he didn't get one back then to begin with, and personally I am glad he's finally getting and I for one don't care if there's some form of massive struggle involved or not in him getting it.

I mean he didn't earn pikashunium Z or the dynamax ring either. This anime has a tendency to give him OP weapons on a silver platter even if he's not worthy of it.

I still think the pikashunium-Z is a side effect result that eventually became permanent of the four Tapu's messing with his Z-ring and upgrading it into a power ring, but that's just my opinion.

As for the dynamax band, Leon was the one to allowed Ash to keep it...though ironically Ash hasn't used the thing since he got it, they sure don't seem to be in a hurry to mess with the current gimmick unless they don't have to.

MegaSalamence05

Again. I'm sorry I said that. I know I shouldn't have said that. That's just the dark place I defaulted to. But my personal issues and mental state aren't an excuse, so I am sorry and I won't say that again.
I'm going to help, expect a message notification momentarily. As you've stated that comment was from a specific place. Let's deal with that immediately so this situation never occurs again understood.

GhostWallker98

Ash's mega evolution is long freaking overdue. The dude has gone through different regions and battled in leagues. Heck, he even defeated a champion. It is about time he obtained a mega stone. Also, who's to say that Ash himself won't struggle to control mega Lucario after he obtains the stone? I get it, we've had that before with Korrina, but that was 2 gens ago. I wouldn't mind an episode like that again as long as it doesn't get resolved the same way Korrina's did.

Jers745

I dont know :p
I dont know ash more than deserves this mega, i do find it a little problematic if he doesnt get at least a mini arc but knowing that korrina will appear at least once before this episode gives me a little expectations, and enough about the toxic comentary the guy already apologised and its not like he meant it in that way

kickachu

Momentai!
question since ash is getting a mega ring and stone think it'll be on his hat be nice to use it as a weapon

Morax

King of heroes
I still think the pikashunium-Z is a side effect result that eventually became permanent of the four Tapu's messing with his Z-ring and upgrading it into a power ring, but that's just my opinion.
That doesn't make him worthy of it. He hasn't put in any efforts to obtain it. Same with dynamax.

ShadowForce720

That doesn't make him worthy of it. He hasn't put in any efforts to obtain it. Same with dynamax.
It was heavily implied that part of the reason why Pikashuinium-Z exists in the first place was because of how strong Ash’s bond was with his Pikachu. If anything all the Tapu’s and their power did was give Ash the tool need to actually harness the power of his bond with Pikachu.

Also getting access to Dynamax doesn’t require effort if anything it’s more about luck.

D

Deleted member 384931

It was heavily implied that part of the reason why Pikashuinium-Z exists in the first place was because of how strong Ash’s bond was with his Pikachu. If anything all the Tapu’s and their power did was give Ash the tool need to actually harness the power of his bond with Pikachu.

Also getting access to Dynamax doesn’t require effort if anything it’s more about luck.
Dynamax is the only gimmick you have to be lucky to find it

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody have any idea what the 100 episode of journeys will be or what special pokemon beside mega evolution since ash's turtwig evolved in dp he went to Iris's village and met drayden xy his frogaider evolved

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Anybody have any idea what the 100 episode of journeys will be or what special pokemon beside mega evolution since ash's turtwig evolved in dp he went to Iris's village and met drayden xy his frogaider evolved
I think the gengar gigantamax form episode or something about project mew episode or any mythical or legendary pokemon raid battles

Call me Mr. Negative, but I don't want this Mega Lucario episode to happen. At least, not under these circumstances. I don't like when characters are given things without earning them through hard work. Korrina just giving Ash a Keystone and pointing him in the direction of an island apparently known for Mega Stones is not earning it. Even with Z-Moves, which were just given to him by Tapu Koko, he still needed to go through the Island Trials to use Z-Moves without shattering his own crystals. That worked fine. This doesn't.

And before anyone says it, Ash has earned his right to a Keystone and Mega Stone several times over. But only in the general sense that Ash has been through and achieved a lot without asking for anything in return. It doesn't work once you start looking at it more focused. For this to work, the Keystone and Lucarionite should get 3-5 episodes worth of story around them. With Ash working hard to try and find the Keystone, Goh and Korrina supporting Ash, with an antagonistic rival-type character competing with Ash to get to the Lucarionite first. That way, when Ash finally gets the Lucarionite and can Mega Evolve his Lucario, it is going to feel like he worked his rear off to make it happen.

But that's not what we're getting. So can we just get another natural disaster that makes Japan say "putting this on TV now will be in bad taste. Let's put it off until it becomes irrelevant and gets cycled out of continuity"? Please?
You can delete this post.

Master Pikachu 11

So with this happening, does that mean Gengar gang going Gigantamax could still happen.
This merchandise pretty much confirms that it is going to happen since this Gengar is the same color as Ash’s while the regular Gengar is a darker purple.
Isnt it weird we have info regarding the ep in October 22th but not the week beforehand?
i think Korrina will appear in the episode before this one, where she gives Ash the keystone so then the next episode which is the 22nd deals with them looking for a mega stone at the island.

Morax

King of heroes
It was heavily implied that part of the reason why Pikashuinium-Z exists in the first place was because of how strong Ash’s bond was with his Pikachu
Everybody has a strong bond with their pokemon. This is a pathetic excuse for plot armor, the only reason pikashunium Z exists is because ash is the main character. He never asked for it in the first place, it was handed to him by "god" just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.