• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Five years ago today Pokemon was ruined.

Insert SM poster here

Pokemon hasn’t been consistent in writing since the DP days. Like or dislike the later seasons by all means but they just didn’t have the cohesiveness of the OS-DP from a season-to-season standpoint. Coming from someone who likes both XY and SM, admittedly for different reasons.

On-topic, as far as Ash Pokémon go outside of Lucario MEing and Gengar potentially Gigantimaxing I’ve really got nothing. If he catches Alcremie in the upcoming ep that’d be neat but that’s about it.

Go….catches something damn near every episode so it’s almost more fun to speculate on what the guy *won’t* catch.

Last edited:

tsunamimijumaru

It was ruined after DP actually.

BW sucked, XY overrated and average plus shafting the team for an asspull gimmick, and SM was 50/50 of dumb shenanigans and other things.
Totally agree here tbh. The story for Gen 5 games themselves were great so the BW anime had potential but look at what we got.

Personally, I love XY. Had some of the best gym battles, battle choreography, animation and definitely the best villain arc but it certainly made some questionionable choices. If Pikachu and later Hawlucha could have taken out a mega pokemon surely Greninja could have without the need for its transformation and the league shouldn't have been a rushed job like it was. The greninja and goodra releases still hurt to this day and Ash should have caught an Aegislash instead of Noivern.

Sun & Moon was kind of a chore to get through with some of the filler but I found when it wasn't doing filler it was pretty decent. The artstyle and change of tone was definitely a big hit after XY though.

The OS to DP days were definitely where it was at though. As much I still enjoy the anime today this era was top tier in my opinion

RafaSceptile

Pokemon hasn’t been consistent in writing since the DP days. Like or dislike the later seasons by all means but they just didn’t have the cohesiveness of the OS-DP from a season-to-season standpoint. Coming from someone who likes both XY and SM, admittedly for different reasons.

On-topic, as far as Ash Pokémon go outside of Lucario MEing and Gengar potentially Gigantimaxing I’ve really got nothing. If he catches Alcremie in the upcoming ep that’d be neat but that’s about it.

Go….catches something damn near every episode so it’s almost more fun to speculate on what the guy *won’t* catch.
I agree with this, meanwhile the series individually are not that bad as some people say they are, they are far behing the OS-DP era in terms of storytelling and a sense of continuous history.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years

Henry's Journey

Jesus Christ this forum will forever be a shitshow.
When this forum became so full of toxic and negative people? Back in the days (when I was a lurker, I'm talking years ago) and not even that long ago there was criticism but many people made interesting points and there was a level of decent discussion, nowadays this forum is only useful for information and even *gasps* Youtube or facebook forums/comments are more engaging <--- saying this is crazy already lol

I just saw on Instagram a post celebrating the historic SM139 episode, so nostalgic <3

Hopefully Ash wins the PWC.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I mean tbh I think the SM XY wars have bled into JN in a way as well
It's basically the culmination of all controversies into one thanks to its world touring aspect :p
It sucks too, because I actually thoroughly enjoy Journeys. Like it has its flaws, but no series—Pokémon or not is perfect (looking at you Best Wishes). Besides, perfection isn’t what makes something enjoyable.

This series made a lot of people love Iris—including myself—who hated her before. This series has given ash his first variant, fossil, is the most continuity-filled series, has seen the return of many fan-favorite characters—both human and Pokémon alike, and not to mention after like 15 years, ash FINALLY caught and evolved a Riolu—which he’s about to mega evolve!

To all those being negative, go back to episode 1 of Journeys, rewatch from there, and just write down everything you like—not hate—I think you’ll be surprised with how long the list is. :)

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
It will be a gigantamax gengar
laskakakaakakaalalalaaaaaa imagine having a gigantamax gengar without an allister appearance

if that happens i am boycotting the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.