• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
What even was the point of James catching Morpeko 70 episodes late into the series?
I miss the starving Rockets gag.
Poor thing got Chewtle-ized.
IMO, giving Urshifu to the 2 PM participants is such a waste...
I would consider it an odd choice if Goh/ Goh and Ash are also going to catch them. It would feel somewhat redundant to me, rather than having Goh train Rapid Strike to rival Tsurugi, and give Asahi a Toxtricity or G-Slowbro/ Slowking that Goh would have the counterpart to as his other rival.

D

Deleted member 384931

It is really weird since its capture, Morpeko has dissapeared. I thought it would be a part of Team Rocket now, but I think I was wrong. What a waste for the build up. With how less Team Rocket appears that isnt a good sign.

Fun fact: Team Rocket hasnt been in Kalos or Jotho since the start of JN.

Rune Knight

The previous 98th ranked took the new 99th rank as anyone between 64-98 moved down by one rank.

This system do not work on Ash vs Korrina and Ash vs Iris. Korrina wasn't even in Top 1000 yet by beating her, Ash enter Top 1000. Same with Iris regarding Top 100. In fact, there is a rule that only participants from the same class can have battle, if they system you proposed is used, there is no way they can reach higher class.

The system might be point-based like FIFA world ranking. You gain/loss point based on the result (W/D/L) and opponen'ts rank. The ranking will change as the points changes.

Yeah you're right, taking the average of both numbers would just cap the rank since they can only battle people within the same class. This pretty much breaks my whole system like you mentioned. It was a nice attempt though, I tried.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a trainer's rank suddenly decreasing out of nothingness, mainly because it wouldn't be fair to the individual. I feel like it should mainly stay as a consequence of losing or not participating in enough battles.

So I'm thinking that maybe each class has a separate grace period that forces to the meet some type of quota.

Like maybe people within the normal class must partake in at least 3 battles a week, those within the great class must do at least 2, and people within the hyper class have their battles chosen for them (at least 1 per week).

And then let's say that there are two battles happening consecutively.

Red (Rank 60) vs. Blue Rank (99) and Green (Rank 105) vs. Yellow (Rank 106)

If Blue wins against Red, he will just be put in a higher rank that becomes available. Since his 99th spot is now open, whoever wins between Green and Yellow takes that spot advancing them to the Ultra Class.

It'll just pit the challenger to the nearest spot that becomes available, along with a few other variables.

Since battles are happening at all times all around the world, new positions are constantly opening. This is also makes it so that a person's rank may increase even if they are not battling.

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah you're right, taking the average of both numbers would just cap the rank since they can only battle people within the same class. This pretty much breaks my whole system like you mentioned. It was a nice attempt though, I tried.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a trainer's rank suddenly decreasing out of nothingness, mainly because it wouldn't be fair to the individual. I feel like it should mainly stay as a consequence of losing or not participating in enough battles.

So I'm thinking that maybe each class has a separate grace period that forces to the meet some type of quota.

Like maybe people within the normal class must partake in at least 3 battles a week, those within the great class must do at least 2, and people within the hyper class have their battles chosen for them (at least 1 per week).

And then let's say that there are two battles happening consecutively.

Red (Rank 60) vs. Blue Rank (99) and Green (Rank 105) vs. Yellow (Rank 106)

If Blue wins against Red, he will just be put in a higher rank that becomes available. Since his 99th spot is now open, whoever wins between Green and Yellow takes that spot advancing them to the Ultra Class.

It'll just pit the challenger to the nearest spot that becomes available, along with a few other variables.

Since battles are happening at all times all around the world, new positions are constantly opening. This is also makes it so that a person's rank may increase even if they are not battling.
It is very hard to predict how much he will go up or down. It appears to be random. However, in the Hyperclass they get emails with opponents decided for you, so you could be in a disadvantage.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Mega lucario vs Gmax Machamp!!!

Rune Knight

Hell yeah!! Bea using GMAX Machamp against Ash's Mega Lucario!!

Also looks like Ash will be getting his iconic fingerless gloves. Not sure if it's a permanent design change or only for mega evolution, either way it looks cool, and I like the placing of the keystone. Guess he's not getting a mega ring.

What does Ash say when he mega evolves Lucario?

Last edited:

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Ash wearing gloves. Omg, never thought I'd see it happen again. Now if they can just replace his shorts with trousers.

It seems that the Bea battle will happen a lot sooner than expected since the only other new content in that teaser is pertaining to that surfing/underwater adventure and Regirock (which may as well be a single episode with two different plotlines like in 80 with the Volcarona (boys) and poachers (Tsurugi+Asahi)). Hopefully, this means they'll slow down Ash's Hyper tier rise and we will get those 3 additional battles as well.

Last edited:

GhostWallker98

Ash wearing gloves. Omg, never thought I'd see it happen again. Now if they can just replace his shorts with trousers.

It seems that the Bea battle will happen a lot sooner than expected since the only other new content in that teaser is pertaining to that underwater adventure and Regirock (which may as well be a single episode with two different plotlines like in 80 with the Volcarona (boys) and poachers (Tsurugi+Asahi)). Hopefully, this means they'll slow down Ash's Hyper tier rise and we will get those 3 additional battles as well.
Yeah, I agree. I think many were expecting Bea to be the one Ash needs to defeat to advance to the Master Class, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Last edited:

Rune Knight

Sirfetch'd vs. Hawlucha; Battle of the Birds: Sirfetch'd Wins.

Sirfetch'd vs. Grapploct; Grapploct strangles the crap out of Sirfetch'd: Grapploct Wins.

Lucario vs. Grapploct: Lucario demolishes it.

Bea realizes that Lucario has grown tremendously in strength and is forced to send out her ace, aka Machamp.

Mega Lucario vs. G-Max Machamp; Battle of the Gimmicks: Double Knock-Out.

Since Ash still has one Pokémon left in his slot, he wins by default.

Now that's how I would personally like it to go, since it's never really gone down that way I feel like it would make for an interesting resolution between Lucario and Grapploct, with the former having overcome its childhood adversary.

More likely, it's going to be a 3v3 and someone will end up being the fall guy, in this case I expect Ash to use Pikachu.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Yeah, I agree. I think many were expecting Bea to be the one Ash needs to defeat to advance to the Hyper Class, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
It seems the silhouette placement tells us the order of the battles.

Volkner > Bea > Guy with swept back hair (Kabu?) > Lady with straight hair (Sabrina?) > Dude with spiky hair (Surge?).

Also of note, there's another being under Bea's elbow, it's hard to tell if it's supposed to be a Pokemon or a person with a weird hairstyle.

E0x8graVgAQl6ia

If the battle is going to be 2v2, probably not. If it is 3v3, then yes.
Hyper tier battles are 3v3.

D

Deleted member 384931

Idk how to feel about it, I mean Dynamax vs Mega Evolution is kinda predictable. Yes, his fingerless gloves (which ones tho?) An another Project Mew episode soon with Regirock.

Status
Not open for further replies.