• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

kickachu

Momentai!
So anybody think mega Lucario has a chance again gynamax Machamp since mega evolution is new to both him and ash

Samurott

Here's a thought I had: What if in the episode where Ash gets the Lucarionite, he comes across a second mega stone? If they're going out of their way to give Ash the ability to mega evolve, then why not let him do it for another Pokemon? If you were able to choose which one of the other mega stones Ash could realistically get, which one would it be and why?

ShadowForce720

Here's a thought I had: What if in the episode where Ash gets the Lucarionite, he comes across a second mega stone? If they're going out of their way to give Ash the ability to mega evolve, then why not let him do it for another Pokemon? If you were able to choose which one of the other mega stones Ash could realistically get, which one would it be and why?
If I were to take a guess as to what Ash’s 2nd Mega would be, I think probably and likely go the Tyranitarnite route.

Now as to why the Mega Stone for Tyranitar over some other possible options it’s because Ash is probably going to be facing Raihan whose ace is Duraludon and Duraludon’s are known to have a rivalry with Tyranitar.

So what better way to show off the rivalry between the two by giving Ash a Tyranitar and having the battle between Ash and Raihan be a clash between Ash’s Mega Tyranitar vs Raihan’s Gigantamax Duraludon.

Also we’re already seeing that they don’t have a problem with having Ash use a Mega Evolution against a opponents Gigantamax Pokémon considering that were already going to be getting a clash between Ash’s Mega Lucario vs Bea’s Gigantamax Machamp.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If I were to take a guess as to what Ash’s 2nd Mega would be, I think probably and likely go the Tyranitarnite route.

Now as to why the Mega Stone for Tyranitar over some other possible options it’s because Ash is probably going to be facing Raihan whose ace is Duraludon and Duraludon’s are known to have a rivalry with Tyranitar.

So what better way to show off the rivalry between the two by giving Ash a Tyranitar and having the battle between Ash and Raihan be a clash between Ash’s Mega Tyranitar vs Raihan’s Gigantamax Duraludon.

Also we’re already seeing that they don’t have a problem with having Ash use a Mega Evolution against a opponents Gigantamax Pokémon considering that were already going to be getting a clash between Ash’s Mega Lucario vs Bea’s Gigantamax Machamp.
I don't expect Ash to catch any more Pokemon this saga. He's already way high up in the PWC rankings.

I feel like they'll bring in one last Champion level trainer to take the fall for that #8 position, probably Diantha, since Ash and her never finished their last match and she's realistically the weakest compared to the other Top 8.

The rest of his match-ups in the Master tier would most likely be Lance/Raihan, Cynthia and Leon if they follow a tournament style bracket.

I'd personally like the Masters 8 to have an updated format involving a round robin group stage (last seen in the Johto League with Macey and Vincent in Ash's bracket) followed by Top 4 knockouts. That way, there's room for three 3v3s and two full battles, and allows Ash to face 6 Top 8 trainers (including the one he displaces) instead of 4.
Maybe entry to Master Class is different from entry to Super Class or Hyper class where participant can enter without beating participants from the higher class (they are only allowed to battle with the same class). Maybe to enter Master Class, the highest ranking Hyper Class (9th) can challenge the lowest ranking Master Class (8th) and gain entry if win.

That way, we can see Ash vs Diantha if Diantha is 8th.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They can make the Pokémon he catch be already strong enough to battle, especially in a case like Tyranitar.
They would have to decrease his PWC rank every time he catches a new Pokemon, and I can't see them doing that. I expect Ash to instead call back his reserves while Gou gets all the captures from now on.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
There is no reason to have Ash lose again.
I agree, we need to move on from Bea.

as for the battle itself, if a mega is capable of taking on a g-max pokemon in a 1 v 1 capacity, then I will fully believe that Z-moves are just as capable of beating them.

Though that would definitely be beneficial for Pikachu long term since it can't fight properly g-maxed anyway, it'd probably be better off gambling on it's OP z-move.

I don't think he's gonna get a second mega stone in the same episode, i won't rule out the possibility of him getting another one though, just not right there and then.

And then we get another complaints about getting overpowered new capture...

More like Ash is getting pokemon that reflect what his skill level should actually be like after all this time, when he's not being hit with the reset button.

nickdt

Glalitite, for the sole reason that Glalie was done dirty in both the Battle Frontier and the Sinnoh League, despite the fact that Glalie at the time of the Battle Frontier, was Ash's strongest Hoenn mon (Until Sceptile evolved).

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
The original trio ash misty and brock all three have a mega evolution
Brock with mega steelix
Misty with mega Gyarados
Now ash with mega lucario
Nice to see ash with fingerless gloves
Ash now has a z- move, mega evolution and soon to be his gmax form gengar
Journeys you have made my dream come true
Now just three things I want from journeys please make it happen
1.Give ash a legendary pokemon
2.This one is top of my dream Give ash a fairy type pokemon at last.
3.Make ash vs cynthia battle memorable let him use his current mon+old mons or let him use his sinnoh team against cynthia and make ash vs Leon match 6 vs 6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.