• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimKennedy

They would have to decrease his PWC rank every time he catches a new Pokemon, and I can't see them doing that. I expect Ash to instead call back his reserves while Gou gets all the captures from now on.
May I ask why they would have to decrease his PWC rank if he catches new Pokémon?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The original trio ash misty and brock all three have a mega evolution
Brock with mega steelix
Misty with mega Gyarados
Now ash with mega lucario
Nice to see ash with fingerless gloves
Ash now has a z- move, mega evolution and soon to be his gmax form gengar
Journeys you have made my dream come true
Now just three things I want from journeys please make it happen
1.Give ash a legendary pokemon
2.This one is top of my dream Give ash a fairy type pokemon at last.
3.Make ash vs cynthia battle memorable let him use his current mon+old mons or let him use his sinnoh team against cynthia and make ash vs Leon match 6 vs 6
I want a Diantha VS Ash rematch

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Yes. They would have to decrease his rank. Just as his rank went down once he caught Riolu. Then again when he caught Farfetch’d. Then again when he caught dracovish.

….oh wait

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
which is ironic because dracovish won his first official battle
This time he's in the Hyper Class, where the trainers are getting close to E4 or even Champion level. These aren't your run of the mill trainers. I think that Ash will bring back his reserves from Oak's instead of catching any more Pokemon.

Megapixel

This time he's in the Hyper Class, where the trainers are getting close to E4 or even Champion level. These aren't your run of the mill trainers. I think that Ash will bring back his reserves from Oak's instead of catching any more Pokemon.
There is nothing that supports that he will use reserves, and in case of using them it will be in master class, not here, If the directors want Ash to win with a new pokemon he will do it, do not underestimate that

nickdt

Problem is his reserves can only be fall guys, unless his current team doesn't participate in a battle at all (Which makes their captures pointless). Just face it, Ash isn't gonna use his reserves at all during the PWC. If he was going too, he should have done so from the start and give his reserves spotlight (Especially the non-aces), but then he wouldn't have gotten a new team.

Here lies the problem: If Ash uses his reserves alongside his current team, his reserves (Especially the popular ones), are gonna overshadow Sirfetch'd, Gengar and Dracovish and those are exactly the three mons that are craving screen and battle time.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
There is nothing that supports that he will use reserves, and in case of using them it will be in master class, not here, If the directors want Ash to win with a new pokemon he will do it, do not underestimate that

nothing to support he won't either just because he hasn't used them yet. With all the patterns this series has broken so far, I don't see it as being too far out there, sure he might not use them, but he still could we don't know what the writers will do in the end.

Problem is his reserves can only be fall guys, unless his current team doesn't participate in a battle at all (Which makes their captures pointless). Just face it, Ash isn't gonna use his reserves at all during the PWC. If he was going too, he should have done so from the start and give his reserves spotlight (Especially the non-aces), but then he wouldn't have gotten a new team.

Most of the trainers in the first two tiers were not worthy of his reserves, and it would've felt like overkill to employ them, now that he's in the ultra class, their time to be used is now if the writers so deem it, since he's up against opponents that actually are worthy of tasting their power.

After all, there's no need to use your big guns until you really need em, heck Ash could've used his Z-ring much earlier, but waited until now when things got tougher, you could apply that logic to his reserves as well.
Here lies the problem: If Ash uses his reserves alongside his current team, his reserves (Especially the popular ones), are gonna overshadow Sirfetch'd, Gengar and Dracovish and those are exactly the three mons that are craving screen and battle time.

I don't think most would care if they were overshadowed given how i've seen numerous comments about the "poor construction" of this team compared to previous ones, especially in terms of camaraderie.

I mean heck the sinnoh league which was one of the best leagues for Ash, other than Staraptor and Gible the rest of the team only got to fight Paul.

I agree that Sirfetch'd and Gengar do need more combat....Dracovish i'm not so sure...it's first win was against Iris Dragonite, and that was one of the biggest wins i've ever seen a pokemon get.

Master Pikachu 11

If I were to take a guess as to what Ash’s 2nd Mega would be, I think probably and likely go the Tyranitarnite route.

Now as to why the Mega Stone for Tyranitar over some other possible options it’s because Ash is probably going to be facing Raihan whose ace is Duraludon and Duraludon’s are known to have a rivalry with Tyranitar.

So what better way to show off the rivalry between the two by giving Ash a Tyranitar and having the battle between Ash and Raihan be a clash between Ash’s Mega Tyranitar vs Raihan’s Gigantamax Duraludon.

Also we’re already seeing that they don’t have a problem with having Ash use a Mega Evolution against a opponents Gigantamax Pokémon considering that were already going to be getting a clash between Ash’s Mega Lucario vs Bea’s Gigantamax Machamp.
I hope that you are right ShadowForce, I want to see Ash utilize a new capture as I am getting tired of these 5 Pokémon plus Pikachu teams since XY. I want his teams to be less predictable since then that would throw off the rest of his competition because let’s face it by the time he takes on Leon, Leon will know Ash’s team thanks to the matches being shown on TV. So he needs to mix up his team so that his future opponents won’t know which Pokémon that he will use.

thats not true as we have to go back to the DP saga ,which is when he last used his reserves. In the Nando battle Heracross was the one that helped Ash win, against Tobias Sceptile was the one that took out his Darkrai so his reserves can shine if the writers choose to use them again.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
They would have to decrease his PWC rank every time he catches a new Pokemon, and I can't see them doing that. I expect Ash to instead call back his reserves while Gou gets all the captures from now on.
See, dude, on Dragonite and how far this pokemon has come with no problem. Ash didn't catch him as a Dratini, just the freaking last form of evolution.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If I were to take a guess as to what Ash’s 2nd Mega would be, I think probably and likely go the Tyranitarnite route.

Now as to why the Mega Stone for Tyranitar over some other possible options it’s because Ash is probably going to be facing Raihan whose ace is Duraludon and Duraludon’s are known to have a rivalry with Tyranitar.

So what better way to show off the rivalry between the two by giving Ash a Tyranitar and having the battle between Ash and Raihan be a clash between Ash’s Mega Tyranitar vs Raihan’s Gigantamax Duraludon.

Also we’re already seeing that they don’t have a problem with having Ash use a Mega Evolution against a opponents Gigantamax Pokémon considering that were already going to be getting a clash between Ash’s Mega Lucario vs Bea’s Gigantamax Machamp.
Not a bad idea, Im down. If they go through the route of Ash using more than one Mega that is which would be a first in the anime since ME in the anime has mysteriously been portrayed as only usable for one mon that's chosen to do it.

Last edited:

BlazingAsh

I don't see them giving him another mega. They'll want to keep Mega Lucario special. Anyway the chances of Larvitar returning as Tyranitar and joining his team alone are slim to none, let alone Ash going around looking for a Tyranitite. It's probably just gonna be Mega Lucario vs Gmax Duraldon because of the type advantage.

ShadowForce720

I don't see them giving him another mega. They'll want to keep Mega Lucario special. Anyway the chances of Larvitar returning as Tyranitar and joining his team alone are slim to none, let alone Ash going around looking for a Tyranitite. It's probably just gonna be Mega Lucario vs Gmax Duraldon because of the type advantage.
We’ve seen from past battles that they have no problem with Ash’s Pokémon that winds up starring in a battle winding up with a type disadvantages against their opponent.

Also while it’s not guaranteed that the Larvitar that Ash raised would return as a Tyranitar and join his team , considering all the stuff that has happened in Journeys so far the chances of it happening are most certainly not slim to none.

They can easily Ash get Tyranitite, as they are a number of ways he could come across including the possibility of just stumbling across it.

Also Ash having another Pokémon that can and does Mega Evolve is not going to take away from Mega Lucario being special considering that they share the whole aura thing.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not a bad idea, Im down. If they go through the route of Ash using more than one Mega that is which would be a first in the anime since ME in the anime has mysteriously been portrayed as only usable for one mon that's chosen to do it.
It’s a fair portrayal since Mega Evolution is once per battle in the games so most Trainers would carry just one to save for last. I would like to see someone who has multiple similarly to how VGC players tend to run 2 Mega teams and choose 1 depending on what their opponent has

ImBeVillain

No more six members
It’s a fair portrayal since Mega Evolution is once per battle in the games so most Trainers would carry just one to save for last. I would like to see someone who has multiple similarly to how VGC players tend to run 2 Mega teams and choose 1 depending on what their opponent has
In the Adventures Special XY manga, the protagonist had all 5 mega-evolution pokemons in his team.
I didn't read the whole thing because the website specifically showed XY with only a few chapters, but I read the bulbapedia that it had so.
Look at this:
X_full_Mega_Evolution_Adventures.png

Status
Not open for further replies.