• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Guys It is stated that Pokedex holders have some superior quality.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
So anybody think mega Lucario has a chance again gynamax Machamp since mega evolution is new to both him and ash

I still wish for Ash's Greninja to return. But by the look of the trailer, it seems Ash and Mega Lucario will work similar to Ash and Greninja when they access Ash-Greninja's power. Besides, Gigamax/Dynamax only last for a few turns before running out of power; while Megaevolution last to the very end of the battle.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Guys It is stated that Pokedex holders have some superior quality.
That's one of my issues with the Adventure manga. Sometimes, it makes the MCs feel as such prodigies/genius, it's hard to truly get invested in their journeys (there's exceptions though. Yellow and White being the only ones coming to my mind right now)

ImBeVillain

No more six members
That's one of my issues with the Adventure manga. Sometimes, it makes the MCs feel as such prodigies/genius, it's hard to truly get invested in their journeys (there's exceptions though. Yellow and White being the only ones coming to my mind right now)
Ruby & Sapphire arc delighted me a lot than other arc, but as for the main characters my favorite was Platina Bertlitz, because she is a typical person who takes training seriously to grow into a strong trainer and her personality seems to be similar to kuudere. I really like it.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Let's talk about Ash's Team for a minute

What's your opinion on

JN Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
Pikachu - steals too much screen time.
Dragonite - formidable beast, it is a pity we saw little of him.
Gengar - I feel sorry for him, I'm waiting for him to win some fight.
Lucario - soon he will be stealing the Pikachu show.
Sirfetch'd - cool knight, unfortunately not enough appears on the screen.
Dracovish - is strong, I will wait for his second official fight.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon

What's your opinion on

JN Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
Pikachu - Boring and OOC
Dragonite - Covered in plot armour
Gengar - It exists
Lucario - Goes between spotlight stealer and non-existent. Not sure what its personality is supposed to be
Sirfetch'd - Cool I guess but doesn't appear enough
Dracovish - Why do you exist

Red and Blue

What's your opinion on

JN Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
1. Indifferent
2. Not enough screentime
3. Shafted
4. Pretty fine with it all things considered
5. Same as Lucario
6. Criminally underused but probably my favorite of his team

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic

What's your opinion on

JN Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
1. Mostly consistent, what is expected, if overused, but still the ace;
2. The tank, shares the secondary ace role with lucario. Adorable, it does its job;
3. Underused, despite its interesting backstory and tricky fighting style. I hope it can shine, eventually;
4. The team baby who grew too fast. The secondary ace along with dragonite. I like it and generally have great battles;
5. My favorite ‘mon of the group with a motif I really appreciate. Same as gengar, it isn’t used as much as it should;
6. Not a fan, but I don’t hate it as much as before. It can do a nice job when required.

In general, a good team, but completed and evolved too early, with almost nothing new to show except eventual form changes to lucario and gengar. The lack of battle situations or that allows Ash to use/display them more don’t help, but don’t bother me that much.

Despite the screentime problems, I like them and I’d like Ash had 2 more pokemon from the other regions to balance the selection a little.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
This might be somewhat controversial, but I don't believe Pikachu is overexposed in JN. The amount of screentime and use it gets is fine and not that difference to at least what I've seen from previous series. Out of the major PWC battles, Pikachu only fought against Visquez, Bea the second time, and Volkner. The problem is that none of Ash's other Pokemon get used, so relative to their screentime Pikachu is overexposed. I think the solution is to use Ash's other Pokemon alongside Pikachu like every other series did instead of sidelining him. Sidelining Pikachu would just leave Ash with no Pokemon or boring battles between fully evolved Pokemon with limited movement.

What's your opinion on

JN Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
Meh
I like how it hugs but don’t like how it’s too OP
Not a fan
Cool
Needs more screentime
OOOOOO NOOOO LALALA LOVE DIS GOOFY MONSTEROUS FISH

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Pikachu - I love him
Dragonite - Good character.
Gengar - Boring
Sirfetch'd - Good evolution arc
Dracovish - Meme
Lucario - Marketing gimmick. It's mostly fanfic fuelment for all those who wanted Ash to have Lucario because of movie 8.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Pikachu-at least it seems to be consistent at the current time power wise.
Dragonite: Deceptive hugging murder machine.
Gengar: definitely needs to get better, hopefully G-maxing will help
Lucario: about freaking time, now it's mega's coming which is awesome.
Sirfetch'd: give this thing a fighting move already, at least let it just bash something's head in with it's leak lance.
Dracovish: how would you like to be eaten today, and what body part would you like to offer up first.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pikachu - Boring and stale
Dragonite - Covered in plot armour
Gengar - Ash caught a Gengar?
Lucario - screenhogger. I can't wait to see it either released or rotting in Oak's never to be seen again.
Sirfetch'd - Ash caught a Sirfetch'd?
Dracovish - Galarian Gible that seems to be forgotten as well.

Ash should have just brought back his reserves instead for a series that's supposed to be a "world tour".

Status
Not open for further replies.