• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
They didn't revealed Husain Arcanine but whay you guys think of Kleavor?
Really cool. Wouldn’t complain if Ash got this

kickachu

Momentai!
So how you think Scyther will evolve into kleavor and how can the boys get hisuian forms

Rohanator

Who animated this? And are they still working on Journeys?
in case someone cba going through the sakugabooru link:

Kazuaki Mouri - this is the only Pokemon credit for him I know of so unlikely to return

Yasushi Nishiya - Did some Z-move animation near the start of SM and then returned for a bit in the last opening and final episode, then did the Lugia scene in JN02, so while I wouldn't bank on him returning at any particular moment he certainly could return for some special occasion again.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
in case someone cba going through the sakugabooru link:

Kazuaki Mouri - this is the only Pokemon credit for him I know of so unlikely to return

Yasushi Nishiya - Did some Z-move animation near the start of SM and then returned for a bit in the last opening and final episode, then did the Lugia scene in JN02, so while I wouldn't bank on him returning at any particular moment he certainly could return for some special occasion again.
Splendid artstyle

Risrhayne

I find it interesting that people keep saying Ash’s Lucario isn’t a screen hog. Yeah, I mean HIS Lucario has barely appeared, but as a species, it totally steals the spotlight because regardless of who it belongs to, almost every Lucario in this show gets an arc or at least significant focus as some trainer’s ace. I was surprised to find out Kukui had one that didn’t have a special backstory or a moment showing off how cool it is for 800th time.

Ash’s Lucario has rarely shown up because nobody wants to give them a character beyond what almost every Lucario in this show has been; a tsundere fighter with a side of aura spheres dipped in special snowflake sauce. The fact that we’ve seen Ash’s Lucario more in ads and the OP tells me Lucario is around just to look cool, not to add any interesting dynamic to the team. Like, I’m pretty sure Lucario and Dracovish have yet to interact with each other.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash could get Scyther now lol
But I don't really want him to, Scizor's way cooler than Kleavor. Ash can get a different Pokemon
Either through time travel or some hidden area in Sinnoh

Time travel or Ash just falls into a cave and discovers an area they've been residing in peace unharmed by the change in climate since those days

I find it interesting that people keep saying Ash’s Lucario isn’t a screen hog. Yeah, I mean HIS Lucario has barely appeared, but as a species, it totally steals the spotlight because regardless of who it belongs to, almost every Lucario in this show gets an arc or at least significant focus as some trainer’s ace. I was surprised to find out Kukui had one that didn’t have a special backstory or a moment showing off how cool it is for 800th time.

Ash’s Lucario has rarely shown up because nobody wants to give them a character beyond what almost every Lucario in this show has been; a tsundere fighter with a side of aura spheres dipped in special snowflake sauce. The fact that we’ve seen Ash’s Lucario more in ads and the OP tells me Lucario is around just to look cool, not to add any interesting dynamic to the team. Like, I’m pretty sure Lucario and Dracovish have yet to interact with each other.
For the umpteenth time no it isn't. Lucario is NOT Eevee and Charizard. It just exists, that's it!
Did Lucario have a role in the SM games? No it just exists.
Did Lucario get a z-crystal like Pikachu and Eevee? No it didn't.
Did Lucario get a G-Max form? No it didn't.

Does Anime! Cynthia own it? NO!
No main rival or character of importance had one until Ash did, Lucario was only in a few episodes a saga and that's it! Charizard and Eevee are the ones that won't bugger off! -_-

Risrhayne

But I don't really want him to, Scizor's way cooler than Kleavor. Ash can get a different Pokemon

Time travel or Ash just falls into a cave and discovers an area they've been residing in peace unharmed by the change in climate since those days

For the umpteenth time no it isn't. Lucario is NOT Eevee and Charizard. It just exists, that's it!

No main rival or character of importance had one until Ash did, Lucario was only in a few episodes a saga and that's it! Charizard and Eevee are the ones that won't bugger off! -_-
I won’t disagree that Eevee and Charizard have gotten a lot more focus, but at least we know why those two have gotten focus. Eevee got a Z-move, a game and a Gigantamax, so it’ll show up to promote those. And before SM, you could say Eevee was around to promote the latest Eeveelutions. Charizard got Megas and a Gigantamax, so it shows up to promote that. Lucario had a ton of screentime well before it had a mega evolution to justify the focus, then when it did get a mega, it appropriately got an arc showing that off.

Is another Mega Lucario arc really gonna be that different because this particular Lucario belongs to Ash, the trainer written to dump basically all of his Pokémon every season?

Decidueye23

I won’t disagree that Eevee and Charizard have gotten a lot more focus, but at least we know why those two have gotten focus. Eevee got a Z-move, a game and a Gigantamax, so it’ll show up to promote those. And before SM, you could say Eevee was around to promote the latest Eeveelutions. Charizard got Megas and a Gigantamax, so it shows up to promote that. Lucario had a ton of screentime well before it had a mega evolution to justify the focus, then when it did get a mega, it appropriately got an arc showing that off.

Is another Mega Lucario arc really gonna be that different because this particular Lucario belongs to Ash, the trainer written to dump basically all of his Pokémon every season?
We dont even know if its going to be an arc considering journwys doesnt do them that much

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Same. I didn't like that bastard kid of a scyther and a kabutops. Who knows what it'll look like in the anime?

kickachu

Momentai!

If Ash gets the hisuian Scyther form it'll be farfetchd all over again before it evolved and anybody think Eevee might get hisuian evolution form maybe rock or fighting type

ShadowForce720

If Ash gets the hisuian Scyther form it'll be farfetchd all over again before it evolved and anybody think Eevee might get hisuian evolution form maybe rock or fighting type
Not really, I mean heck the two don’t really have any similarities at all. If Ash does wind up getting a Scyther that evolves into Kleavor it would be interesting to see what personality they would decide to give it.

As for whether for whether or not Legends Arceus will introduce any new evolutions that remains to be seen, although it is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.