• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
How come we didnt see such good characters like Marnie and Bede. They have a splendid design and personality

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
How come we didnt see such good characters like Marnie and Bede. They have a splendid design and personality
Their characters are directly tied to the Gym Challenge of Galar so it wouldn’t make sense to add them in unless you make a radical change in their roles in characters. I suppose it’s not too late for Beet to appear as Poplar’s successor of her gym but Satoshi is almost closing in on Master Class at this point. Maybe Mary could be apart of Master 8 and debut with her brother but Morpeko already stands as Kojirou’s sole Pokémon and we’ve seen Aura Wheel and Hangry Mode.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I agree, Bea rivalry should just end already, What Galar Gym Leader would you like to see besides Bea?
Honestly I’ll take any since they’re all good characters but I’d really like to see Nessa, Kabu, Gordie, Piers & Avery (if we’re including the DLC rivals).

Speaking of which, I remember in the recent Alcremie episode, Leon revealed that Opal constantly holds tournaments, some of which are battle focused. Leon is the one to host the Galarian Star Tournament in game so maybe he & Opal collaborate and this is how we get the majority of the Galar characters? Leon pretty much replaces Rose’s role in Galar in the post game & Rose is missing atm so he’d probably be the next best thing.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
"Mom's"
Johto: Jasmine, Whitney, Clair
Hoenn: Phoebe, Winona, Glacia
Sinnoh: Fantina, Maylene, Cynthia
Unova: Elesa, Juniper, Caithlin
Kalos: Viola, Grace, Diantha
Alola: Lana's mom, Lusamine, Nina
Galar: Bea, Sonia, Melony

RIGHT??.....
bea is like 16 i don’t think she qualifies as a mom
unless you were being metaphorical

Teravolt

Kabu and Piers. Both are Champion material if we look at their League Cards.
please no Piers he’s a good character but he’s overrated
plus he’s been degenerated into pure shipping fodder
poor man

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
please no Piers he’s a good character but he’s overrated
plus he’s been degenerated into pure shipping fodder
poor man
Shipping doesn't affects his character depiction in-game or in-anime, IMO someone that refuses to use gimmicks and special techniques from power-ups in favor of pure battling would be a great opponent to knock Ash's winning streak out. Not to mention would likely allow Marnie to appear in the anime.

Teravolt

Shipping doesn't affects his character depiction in-game or in-anime, IMO someone that refuses to use gimmicks and special techniques from power-ups in favor of pure battling would be a great opponent to knock Ash's winning streak out. Not to mention would likely allow Marnie to appear in the anime.
True.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Part of the Piers hype is because he was the fabled "dark type gym leader" people's been demanding for years. Some of that leaked to Marnie since she is his sucessor

Teravolt

Part of the Piers hype is because he was the fabled "dark type gym leader" people's been demanding for years. Some of that leaked to Marnie since she is his sucessor
it mainly leaked to marnie because she’s a loli and it makes me want to choke myself

let her be a good character

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I think people also like him for being genuinely likable as a whole, a good brother to Marnie, refusing to use Dynamax/Gigantamax in favor of using tactics and abilities with efficency and almost beating Raihan in a battle despite no Dyna/GMax which speaks leagues of Piers' skill

Status
Not open for further replies.