• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

At least unlike Clemont, Go will catch a Shinx instead of catching after he evolved into Luxio. Though like many of his Pokémon, he won't be used much, only once in a while and having cameo appearances in Cerise Park. I still wish it was a female instead of a male.

Moves that I hope Shinx knows:
Spark
Roar
Fire Fang
Shock Wave

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
XY was a great anime... My only complaint is Ash didn't get Chespin but that's more on me than anything lol
Kind of a shame I can’t play it easily as Goh lol
Not sure if I follow. The app even give out Goh's clothes for the player's avatar.

That's more than GF ever gave us. I'm still bitter they didn't give Ash's and V2!Serena's clothes in the games. The closest we ever got was USUM where we could get Ash's SM hat and that's because Ash was using Elio's clothes.
I mean, yes. But the main argument was popularity. It isn't so popular anymore (Especially in Japan if we compare the player base to the amount of residents and this is the place The Pokemon Company ultimately looks at). Its also evident that due to the declining playerbase, but the rising revenue, the majority of the people playing are addicted to it, while a minority of the players might just be casuals.
Yeah, but from the perspective of people making the show, it makes sense going for the most lucrative game, specially because while SwSh requires one to have a Switch, all one needs for PoGo is a decent phone. PoGo kind of helped "re-ignite" some interest on the franchise so I think they are trying to appeal to those people.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Wow! XY came out eight years ago? It's the series that got me back into XY earlier this year.
Ugh…I meant to say that this is the series that got me back into Pokémon.

I blame the lack of caffeine when posting this morning.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I was brought back not by a series but because of a character. When I found out misty was replaced by May, my interest for the franchise came back. Resume watching the show, surviving Master Quest while I waited for AG... Just for the TV station stop in the first episode. After some time I started to watch again. I think it was around the time Ambipom was released. I really started watching it again weekly with BW and have been watching it since then

esquilo09

Ah yes, the XY series. The series being the only series whose League was rushed and with 2 sorry useless excuses of captures aka Goodra and Noivern.
Not only that, they used Weavile for evil twice. (Three times if that planetarium episode is canon)

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I’m saying I suck at PoGo, and I don’t have the time or energy to get good.
^this

i’m literally only in it for community days (read: FREE SHINIES), 1/450 shiny odds, and special research to get Mythicals

masdog

XY was a fun time. While I enjoyed it much more when I was initially watching as compared to now with things in retrospect, I still find it to be a pretty good season. The first 2 seasons in particular were very well written and had fun stuff, and despite XYZ's many faults the TF arc was fun af and the community was really hyped back then which was fun, although ultimately the hype proved more detrimental to it in the end Id say
Really hope Clemont and Bonnie return soon
Binge watching XYZ is really a different experience than seven days for the next episode. You can see how well the final half of the series fits together and builds towards the series climax.

I’m saying I suck at PoGo, and I don’t have the time or energy to get good.
Its definitely a time sink. It's still fun, though, and its a great way to get mythicals and legendaries.

I did do a rewatch of it around SM's 2nd year, binge watching XY's first 2 episodes, the ME specials, Summer Camp arc, Korrina's arc, Clemont vs Ash and Ash vs Olympia and the entirety of XYZ (including the fillers). Sadly, my opinion on it kinda worsened, Greninja really felt useless to me in terms of how his arc went, The Kalos league seemed major of a problem than ever and Noivern and Goodra's treatment stood out like a sore thumb. I did appreciate Serena and the master class better tho, and the TF arc was even more epic the second time around so that was fun. Its still a good watch and series overall, just it fell flat in some areas which wouldnt be an issue if it wasnt more ambitious then any other anipoke series, so it falling flat hurt more. One thing I sorely felt lacking in XYZ compared to the earlier seasons were how focused the showcase of human and pokemon bonds were previously compared to XYZ kinda not hitting hard as it rushed everything along, although you can blame Game Freak for that. If XY got an extra year and more time to breathe it would have benefitted sooo much more!
I agree that Greninja’s defeat at the Kalos League made its arc a waste, but XY is still my favorite series

Decidueye23

XYZ accomplished what it set out to do.
Gave greninja a meaningfull conclusion. Olympia says that there are great things ahead. Ash greninja's role was never to make ash win the league. Its purpose was to play a role in the ZyGarde story. And it did that. Alain was probably stronger than Diantha at that point. He went head to head with Zygarde 50% . So ash losing wasnt that much of an issue. And for what its worth, although the league was rushed, both the main battles were some of the best battles in the entire pokemon anime. The animation, fight choreography, music everything was incredible. Contrary to that, the only good battle in the SM league was the one against kukui( that, tho, is again one of the best battles in the series). Ash's loss against alain feels like a bigger achievement than his win agaonst gladion.

Decidueye23

"Its purpose was to play a role in the Zygarde story"
Yeah thats the part where I didnt really buy it either. Its not just its kalos league loss, its just the fact it never had a major catharsis moment for itself to justify its arc, losing the main gauntlet fight and well, imo atleast not doing anything significant in the TF arc to warrant a satisfying conclusion, and then to be released in a manner I found half assed
Also funny how you bring up SM when its not really relevant just to use it to uplift XY.... Thats just calling for flame wars to happen again lol when there was zero need to bring it up
I wasnt teyibg to ignite anything. I was just comparing two very controversial leagues and giving my opinion. Especially becauase alot of people seem to keep pointing out Ashs loss at the said league, in which all honestly was more of a marketing botch rather than storytelling fault.

masdog

I agree that Greninja’s defeat at the Kalos League made its arc a waste, but XY is still my favorite series
I keep seeing this, but no one ever explains exactly how the Ash-Greninja arc was a waste. Why does a league loss make the entire arc a waste? The league is just a setup for the true climax of the series, and Ash's loss to Alain is foreshadowed the minute he tells Alain to enter the League so they can battle there.

Yeah thats the part where I didnt really buy it either. Its not just its kalos league loss, its just the fact it never had a major catharsis moment for itself to justify its arc, losing the main gauntlet fight and well, imo atleast not doing anything significant in the TF arc to warrant a satisfying conclusion, and then to be released in a manner I found half assed
I disagree with this perspective because I think it's looking at the story from the wrong angle.

I don't think the Ash-Greninja arc is about Greninja. I think it's about Ash. Throughout XYZ, Ash has a rapidly improving Sawyer nipping at his heels, and he tries to push the unmastered bond phenomenon to become "stronger." It's only after he remembers who he is (with the help of a few well-placed snowballs to the face) and work with Greninja to save others that he's able to master the bond phenomenon.

This is a character story about Ash, not Greninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.