• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
my bad

hopefully the upcoming opening will have some interesting changes.
That’s basically all I’m hoping for. I want to see some spoilers like they did with DP’s Greatest Everyday JPN OP where it spoiled Infernape and Torterra for Ash :v

Zariful

Someone brought up that since Go is potentially trading Pinsir and may regret it, that Ash could tell Go about the time he traded his Butterfree and instantly regretted it. I imagine Go might speculate that Ash has other Pokémon since he said brought up he did the Kanto gym challenge. But this could solidify to Go that his friend has other friends who are waiting to say hi.

nickdt

Someone brought up that since Go is potentially trading Pinsir and may regret it, that Ash could tell Go about the time he traded his Butterfree and instantly regretted it. I imagine Go might speculate that Ash has other Pokémon since he said brought up he did the Kanto gym challenge. But this could solidify to Go that his friend has other friends who are waiting to say hi.

If this happens and Ash mentions Butterfree, i can already see people going crazy.

esquilo09

If Go evolves his future Pikachu into Alolan Raichu, it would be the first time we see a Pikachu evolves in the anime on screen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
Maybe its the Hawlucha situation

Because Ash gets Sirfetch'd, Bea doesn't get it (Just like Korrina used Lucario, Machoke and Mienfoo over Hawlucha, since Ash had one).

I always thought that was a strange situation in XY since the writers could've easily given Corni a Shiny Luchabull so that hers wouldn't clash with Satoshi's Luchabull in terms of aesthetics. But I've given up hope that Saito will use a Negigaknight.

PsychoLogical

I always thought that was a strange situation in XY since the writers could've easily given Corni a Shiny Luchabull so that hers wouldn't clash with Satoshi's Luchabull in terms of aesthetics. But I've given up hope that Saito will use a Negigaknight.
I think it will be like the Hawlucha situation, reason being they likely want to show the duo that Galarian Farfetch'd can actually evolve unlike Kantonian.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I think it's become increasingly clear the anime writers don't care for using Shinies for whatever reason

Shame too since Sirfetch'd has one of my favorite Shiny designs of Gen 8 (it's a simple Yellow/Gold but it's somehow works for me unlike Lucario's shiny whom which I find really off for reasons I can't quite explain...)

PsychoLogical

I think it's become increasingly clear the anime writers don't care for using Shinies for whatever reason

Shame too since Sirfetch'd has one of my favorite Shiny designs of Gen 8 (it's a simple Yellow/Gold but it's somehow works for me unlike Lucario's shiny which I find really off for reasons I can't quite explain...)
Because it's a duck while Lucario's a jackal/dog? :v

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:

With regards to the Shiny Luchabull scenario specifically, they ended up showcasing one in Kalos eventually under a COTD's ownership, so I don't think they had any qualms against showcasing Shiny variations of the cast's Pokemon. I'll never understand their logic behind that, though.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Because it's a duck while Lucario's a jackal/dog? :v
I don't think that's it. There's plenty of "Unnatural" Shinies that I do like despite making very little sense for their species (Umbreon is just one example of a good shiny. But I think Green Espeon just looks really unappealing)

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Ash can learn about aura on the side, he just probably won't be able to do the high level stuff like shields as it'd make future episodes a little boring since he can simply keep Team Rocket from attacking with a shield, also it'd be hard to reset him. Pikachu was easy to reset via electric flu, Ash's team is even easier to reset, but it'd be hard to reset Ash's aura abilities to below shield producing levels.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Speaking of aura, I sort of hope that we'll see Gen again. Although I dislike Lucario pandering, I liked Gen back when he appeared in DP since he was basically a rehash of Arlon with a nicer outfit. I wish he'd appeared in place of Corni before to inspire Satoshi's Riolu. If Gen does come back, I'd like to see Miru and some of the other stat trainers appear, too.

PsychoLogical

Oh yea, now that we got the full titles for August, it also confirms one other thing: Ash capture #6 is due later. Meaning, that breaks the 5-6 ep Ash capture gap for the time being. Guess seeing capture #6 will have to wait, I'm cool with that. Tho I'm prob now going to think/expect it'll show up for the September batch :v

Illusio

No words, only rage
And I thought Anubis is with a Wolf's Head:confused:

Lucario's literally based off of Anubis. An ancient Legend about an Egyptian God with a Jackal's Head

You're both right technically. The animal head Anubis had was originally called a jackal, but after further genetic testing they found it has more common with a wolf and changed the species. So depending on when you're talking about he could be one or the other.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Speaking of aura, I sort of hope that we'll see Gen again. Although I dislike Lucario pandering, I liked Gen back when he appeared in DP since he was basically a rehash of Arlon with a nicer outfit. I wish he'd appeared in place of Corni before to inspire Satoshi's Riolu. If Gen does come back, I'd like to see Miru and some of the other stat trainers appear, too.

Who Riley? God I hated him exactly because he looked like Sir Aaron. I don't think Riley's coming back now because there's no reason for him to. If the writers cared about him they coulda had him give Ash the Riolu egg in this saga.

esquilo09

These are the moves Go's future(female)Pikachu will have and the moves it will have after evolving into an Alolan Raichu.

As Pikachu:

Zap Cannon
Thunder Wave
Body Slam
Thunder Punch

As Alolan Raichu

Discharge
Agility
Body Slam/Mega Kick
Dig/Psychic

Last edited:
Status