• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

Ash can just be an Aura Guardian now that he has a Lucario.

I don't know if that will happen but I would like if we meet more aura guardians now that Ash has Riolu. Maybe we can see some that are related to the guy from the Spiritomb episode. :)

Mew29240

These are the moves Go's future(female)Pikachu will have and the moves it will have after evolving into an Alolan Raichu.

As Pikachu:

Zap Cannon
Thunder Wave
Body Slam
Thunder Punch

As Alolan Raichu

Discharge
Agility
Body Slam/Mega Kick
Dig

Why no Psychic move?

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Oh yea, now that we got the full titles for August, it also confirms one other thing: Ash capture #6 is due later. Meaning, that breaks the 5-6 ep Ash capture gap for the time being. Guess seeing capture #6 will have to wait, I'm cool with that. Tho I'm prob now going to think/expect it'll show up for the September batch :v

This makes me feel more sure that Ash will get Grookey.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
It doesn't.

It makes "Me" feel more sure that Ash will get Grookey.

Personally hoping for Goh to get Grookey, but I am not letting myself feel too optimistic so I tend to read things as indicating he will not get a pokemon.

We already had Goh miss Galarian Farfetch'd. Though he did catch Sobble in the next episode so it wasn't bad.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don't see why it doesn't make sense. It's not like Cubone evolves into Kantonian Marowak in Alola in normal circumstances.

So why would Pikachu?

It's even worse with Cubone/Marowak because it has a different evolution method, unlike Pikachu into Alolan Raichu.

Because the whole point of regional forms is that these Pokémon adapted to the region over time. A Pokémon suddenly being able to adapt to it doesn’t make sense. From a mechanical standpoint, it makes sense but not from a lore reason

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
If the writers cared about him they coulda had him give Ash the Riolu egg in this saga.

I hadn't considered that before, but it would've definitely been interesting if Gen had returned earlier in this series and had given Satoshi the Riolu egg instead of Satoshi receiving it from Joi. I still remember when people thought that Gen was going to give Satoshi the Riolu egg when they met at Steel Island in Shinou, although I'm glad it didn't happen back then since his team was already full at the time. I'm suddenly getting very nostalgic about Gen IV characters.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
This makes me feel more sure that Ash will get Grookey.
In the merchandise, they showed Lucario and Sirfetch'd (next to Ash's other Pokemon) and kept Ash's next capture a secret.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ecd9b3XX0AAhGWj?format=jpg&name=medium
Just like they hid Gengar and Riolu when they showed Ash's team in one of the merchandises (Pikachu, Mr. Mime, Dragonite, and two secrets).
That might mean his next capture won't be Grookey.

Grookey might be next after Ash's next capture or Goh might get it.
This merchandise is coming out this October.

Last edited:

Zariful

I brought this up earlier that lore wise that it takes years on years for those specific Species Pokémon to adapt to have those regional variants. But it’s important to remember that just because it works that way in the games doesn’t translate to the anime. Like someone mentioned they probably did it in the games for convenience. But tbh I think we haven’t addressed the elephant in the room. Has Go ever asked Ash why Pikachu hasn’t evolved

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
In the merchandise, they showed Lucario and Sirfetch'd (next to Ash's other Pokemon) and kept Ash's next capture a secret.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ecd9b3XX0AAhGWj?format=jpg&name=medium
Just like they hid Gengar and Riolu when they showed Ash's team (Pikachu, Mr. Mime, Dragonite, and two secrets). That might mean his next capture won't be Grookey.

Grookey might be next after Ash's next capture or Goh might get it.
This merchandise is coming out this October.
That’s only if the release date gets pushed back a bit since Tokyo may end up declaring another SOE due to rising cases where it’s now to the point that I can’t even tell if I’m looking at Tokyo or Texas.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ibrahim Saidu said:
Ash will catch Grookey, not Goh. Goh will not have Grookey and besides his goal doesn't make sense

Gou has just as much of a chance of capturing Sarunori as Satoshi does. If anything, I'd even argue that he has a slightly higher chance since he's a collector and would probably try his hardest to add Sarunori to his collection one way or another.

Mew29240

Wait where did Alolan Raichu come from? We don't know if Go's Raichu will evolve

Personally, I expect it to evolve so it doesn't compete with (or get overshadowed by) Ash's Pikachu. They're making a whole episode (title-wise) about this potential capture, so it seems more significant than other ones. Letting it evolve into the Alolan variant just gives Goh a good reason to visit the Alola Region down the road.

As an aside, he'll just happen to have all non-Alolan Pokemon that can evolve into their Alolan-variant evolution (Exxegute, Cubone, and Pikachu).

Cptnmac1

Personally, I expect it to evolve so it doesn't compete with (or get overshadowed by) Ash's Pikachu. They're making a whole episode (title-wise) about this potential capture, so it seems more significant than other ones. Letting it evolve into the Alolan variant just gives Goh a good reason to visit the Alola Region down the road.
Remember they also dedicated a whole episode(title-wise) to cubone as well and look how that ended up

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
That’s only if the release date gets pushed back a bit since Tokyo may end up declaring another SOE due to rising cases where it’s now to the point that I can’t even tell if I’m looking at Tokyo or Texas.
Yeah, I heard that. I also hope Tokyo (and Japan cities) will stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.