• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
He's been a trainer for like 2 weeks wtf.

Imagine if Dawn or May caught a legendary at episode 40?

Would that make a lot of sense?

Goh is a mon collector and wants to complete the National Dex... It would be so forced if he captures all legendaries simultaneously near the end of the series...

And besides, Marshtomp might be Ash's.

Why would Ash get another non-fully evolved mon? So that he'll lose again to, say for instance, Milo?

Well i wonder how will dracovish will breathe on land well Its shield pokedex entry says it can only breathe in water

That's even disregarded in games, what more in the anime...

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Very funny how we got a multi episode arc as soon as the time slot changes this can okly be a sign of good things
Tbh i think this arc was already planned months before, I don't think the time switch has anything to do with it. I agree though, it is hilarious lol.

MegaSalamence05

Totally called Mewtwo showing up during the Darkest Day arc. I'm just saying it lol even though I do want Shadow Mewtwo to show up at some point as I love the design. I don't think that's happening.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Totally called Mewtwo showing up during the Darkest Day arc. I'm just saying it lol

Except this arc is only 4 episodes, So I wouldn’t be so sure that Mewtwo will show up during the arc. Heck it could easily be a case where Mewtwo doesn’t show up in the arc but is on the poster because it’s showing up soon either right before or shortly after the arc.

Either way I don’t expect all those Pokémon to just be crammed into 4 episodes.

ShadowForce720

The good thing about Koharu getting Eievui would be that at least Satoshi wouldn't get it. Gou getting it wouldn't have been so bad either, although that would've earned him more unnecessary criticism.

I wouldn’t say that Koharu getting an Eevee prevents Ash or Goh from getting one. As Koharu is not a main character and Eevee has a branched evolution.

So they could pretty much give Ash and Goh the Eeveelutions if they decide to go that route.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Remix2 said:
The sword and shield plot is so paper thin that the writers decided to get it over with absolutely no build so they can get to something else lol.

I'm actually glad that they're getting it over with. I don't think plans for an extended Galar arc would've worked anyway considering that the writers need to showcase the world traveling aspect of the series and shouldn't focus on one non-Kanto region for too long, so I'm on board with them speeding through this Shield and Sword subplot as quick as possible, especially since it means that we'll see Rose and Olive sooner.

Rohanator

Hmm, I thought the order was just random at first but considering how Zacian and Mewtwo make more sense to pair with Satoshi compared to Zamazenta and Mew with Gou, maybe the sides ARE actually structured consistently?

If Satoshi ever got a second Electric type it'd make sense for it to be something special enough to not just be a lesser Pikachu, like a legendary personification of thunder (LITERALLY named Thunder in Japanese). Probably makes sense for him to get a Legendary before Gou as well.

Dracovish would be absolutely hilarious to me due to its reputation in competitive SwSh battling, that thing is a demon lmao.

I'd love Marshtomp and Suicune too so honestly I don't really care who gets what from this poster as long as Satoshi gets something (besides Morpeko lol).

desdar300

In that merch that @desdar300 posted, all but 2 of the Pokémon that appeared are confirmed/very likely to appear in the upcoming arc: Sirfetch’d & Grookey. Hopefully that’s an indication that they’ll be the next focus
Yeah and I'm going to go out of whim say I think the monkey belongs to Ash personally.
We now know that Eevee belongs to Koharu now.

Rohanator

Judging by Raboot being confirmed to be unevolved at the start of the Sword&Shield arc and Riolu not seeming to evolve by then either I guess we'll get a double evolution during the final Eternatus battle, Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon style lol.

Grookey could be a wild Mon randomly tagging along and maybe helping them in some way, and either it'll join them at the end or get a proper capture ep later where they'll remember it.

desdar300

Judging by Raboot being confirmed to be unevolved at the start of the Sword&Shield arc and Riolu not seeming to evolve by then either I guess we'll get a double evolution during the final Eternatus battle, Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon style lol.

Grookey could be a wild Mon randomly tagging along and maybe helping them in some way, and either it'll join them at the end or get a proper capture ep later where they'll remember it.
I actually like this idea a lot.
A sandile if you will

Applecorp

In that merch that @desdar300 posted, all but 2 of the Pokémon that appeared are confirmed/very likely to appear in the upcoming arc: Sirfetch’d & Grookey. Hopefully that’s an indication that they’ll be the next focus

Which merch because he posts like one scan a day and there's no compilation of merch scans. Plus like 20 pages have passed since yesterday so some of us haven't seen it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Not sure how I feel about Chloe getting Eevee, this is definitely not a "Ash should get one!" case. Eevee was literally a walking promotion tool last saga as it barely did anything at all nor did it evolve, granted we don't know what she'll do but I'd much rather have seen her with Alcreamie as it provides a much cooler G-Max form and gives another Galar species some much needed attention. Hopefully THIS Eevee actually evolves

It won't stop the boys from capturing an Eeveelution, obviously.

Marshtomp, if it joins the cast please go to Ash. Swampert could use some proper love and redemption, it'd get shafted yet again if Goh gets it since he already has Sobble and Kaijukarp

Mewtwo.... Please don't be a third. If it's a third, let Team Rocket create this one instead of some strange organization like in BW. Hopefully we get to see Mewtwo X at least. And hopefully it leads further into the Mew plotline which hasn't been touched at all.

Suicune, praise helix it is getting a proper episode! Hope Raikou does too

Draconian, I'll only accept Ash with this abomination IF and only if he doesn't get Grookey. Give the abominations to Goh, Ash should get Tyrantrum

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
So it can actually develop and become powerful as opposed to being powerful from the get go.

Unnecessary at this point... As if Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario and Sirfetch'd (and even the reserves, GPICSS included) doesn't need to be developed anymore... I'm sure all of them will lose in the Hyper Class at their current state...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Lucario sharing the spotlight? This is madness :p

Anyway, I think Raboot deserves his own dedicated evolution episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.