• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibanyan

So do you really think they did it without any idea? They are not dumb. They did it on purpose, and you know it. They are the biggest trolls.

they didn't just put this mysterious Pokémon next to Ash's Pokémon by pure chance.
Okay, here are some gashapon with a "secret" option
pokemon_gacha_gashapon_series_pokemon_sword_and_shield_funi_funi_mascot_vol3_6pcs_set_preorder_1567602109_1ca8054a0_progressive

Gashapon-Pokemon-Funi-Funi-Mascot-2.jpg

Rohanator

So do you really think they did it without any idea? They are not dumb. They did it on purpose, and you know it. They are the biggest trolls.

they didn't just put this mysterious Pokémon next to Ash's Pokémon by pure chance.
What would the purpose be though? "We'll make the fans think this is Satoshi's next capture, but...it's actually NOT!!" Like... what's the goal there? It doesn't make you wanna buy the toy, and you're now mad. What did they gain? If you're saying they just wanna make fans feel bad for the sake of it then fine I guess but I'd like to have a little more faith in our Japanese overlords :p

Jeal

What they did exactly? this isn't like the Kalos league, it never said something like "this could be Ash's next Pokemon?" or something
They didn’t say it directly, but that’s what they wanted us to think. They purposely chose to place the mysterious Pokémon together with Ash's Pokémon.
What would the purpose be though? "We'll make the fans think this is Satoshi's next capture, but...it's actually NOT!!" Like... what's the goal there? It doesn't make you wanna buy the toy, and you're now mad. What did they gain? If you're saying they just wanna make fans feel bad for the sake of it then fine I guess but I'd like to have a little more faith in our Japanese overlords :p
I don't know, but it's not the first time that they intentionally mislead the fans, and I am tired of it.

Icy-Snowflake

How many of you think that Dracovish will be caught?
I still have hope that Ash will catch it, even if I'm not so sure now that we've seen that not every pokémon on that poster is gonna be really important to the story (Marshtomp filler :s)
I'll say it'll remain wild until the episode airs. Might not change my opinion after that. Centiskorch also might not get caught. And I think only Pikachu will Gigantamax in Ash's team. Maybe he's the ace in Master Class.

Master Pikachu 11

I'll say it'll remain wild until the episode airs. Might not change my opinion after that. Centiskorch also might not get caught. And I think only Pikachu will Gigantamax in Ash's team. Maybe he's the ace in Master Class.
I don’t think he will be the only one to showcase the new gimmick as he wasn’t the only one to use Z moves. I fully expect Gengar to Gigantamax as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jeal said:
I don't know, but it's not the first time that they intentionally mislead the fans, and I am tired of it.

But again, there's nothing that proves that they "intentionally" misled fans, because none of the images that teased the mystery Pokemon said anything about it being Satoshi's next Pokemon. And as Rohanator said, there's literally no plus side to them "intentionally" teasing fans with false information if the end result would only serve to annoy fans, as well as potentially sabotage sales.

This is just another instance of viewers seeing merchandise and treating it like the word of God, despite nothing telling us that the merchandise was specifically meant to foreshadow Satoshi's next capture. Things are being blown out of proportion, which I realize is the norm, but still I think it's a bit silly to compare this to the Messon situation for example.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
His point is that we don’t want to hear it, you are entitled to your dislike of it, but to constantly complain about it gets annoying after a while. We get it you don’t like the Pokémon, but those that do like it, don’t want to hear it, just like people get annoyed with Goh sometimes and those that like Goh don’t want to hear the hate for him.

EXACTLY! Its so hypocritical how people say the Goh hate is tiring and then would continuously bash Lucario. Just like the Goh hate, the Lucario hate has gotten annoying, we get it, you hate it, stop shoving it down everyone else's throats and complain every single time it does something, its getting the proper attention it needs imo to make it believable a baby mon could help take down leon and to make its evolution realistic. Gengar and farfetchd getting sidelined isnt riolu's fault lmao

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
His point is that we don’t want to hear it, you are entitled to your dislike of it, but to constantly complain about it gets annoying after a while. We get it you don’t like the Pokémon, but those that do like it, don’t want to hear it, just like people get annoyed with Goh sometimes and those that like Goh don’t want to hear the hate for him.
Just put them on ignore if it bothers you that much or stop interacting with them.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
so am i right in assuming riolu will evolve in the next 4 episodes? since thats how long ive been told the arc will be and all merchandise points to lucario being there

Red and Blue

so am i right in assuming riolu will evolve in the next 4 episodes? since thats how long ive been told the arc will be and all merchandise points to lucario being there
It could be evolving as early as this Friday. They just released the updated poster with Lucario and Cinderace

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That's what's been implied, yes.

kickachu

Momentai!
So since zapdos and marshtomp were a no catch what else you think might happened based on poster

Jeal

But again, there's nothing that proves that they "intentionally" misled fans, because none of the images that teased the mystery Pokemon said anything about it being Satoshi's next Pokemon. And as Rohanator said, there's literally no plus side to them "intentionally" teasing fans with false information if the end result would only serve to annoy fans, as well as potentially sabotage sales.

This is just another instance of viewers seeing merchandise and treating it like the word of God, despite nothing telling us that the merchandise was specifically meant to foreshadow Satoshi's next capture. Things are being blown out of proportion, which I realize is the norm, but still I think it's a bit silly to compare this to the Messon situation for example.
It was intentional and you know it. You don't place a mysterious Pokémon next to another character's Pokémon without waiting for the fans to make the connection. Just as they put Satoshi's invitation over Sobble crying, and put victory and Satoshi together in the Kalos League final title.

If they had put it in a random position, you would have a point, but that was not the case. They knew perfectly well what they were doing.

About them gaining nothing but hate from the fans, all I can say is that the Kalos League exists.

Master Pikachu 11

EXACTLY! Its so hypocritical how people say the Goh hate is tiring and then would continuously bash Lucario. Just like the Goh hate, the Lucario hate has gotten annoying, we get it, you hate it, stop shoving it down everyone else's throats and complain every single time it does something, its getting the proper attention it needs imo to make it believable a baby mon could help take down leon and to make its evolution realistic. Gengar and farfetchd getting sidelined isnt riolu's fault lmao
Farfetch’d getting sideline has got me thinking that it could be based on its current move set, if it went up against a ghost or psychic type then it’s dark type moves would be super effective against it, but against other Pokémon it would be a critical hit, which tells me that the staff is going to treat its evolution exactly the same as the games so if Farfetch’d was able to get three critical hits in a battle then it would evolve and they didn’t want to evolve yet. Which also gets me thinking what if Ash ends up battling Rose in the DD arc, who uses an Escavalier. Farfetch’d could evolve during that battle.
Just put them on ignore if it bothers you that much or stop interacting with them.
If you don’t like the Pokémon then it is fine and I’m not going to ignore people just because they like to complain about a Pokémon. What’s annoying is people complaining about Lucario will have a problem with people complaining about Goh and will start telling those people that they need to quit complaining about Goh because he is just as important of a protagonist as Ash and the complaints are not fair and that they need to give him a chance. Well the people that don’t like Lucario should give Ash’s a chance as well.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If you don’t like the Pokémon then it is fine and I’m not going to ignore people just because they like to complain about a Pokémon. What’s annoying is people complaining about Lucario will have a problem with people complaining about Goh and will start telling those people that they need to quit complaining about Goh because he is just as important of a protagonist as Ash and the complaints are not fair and that they need to give him a chance. Well the people that don’t like Lucario should give Ash’s a chance as well.
Well I guess you’ll just stay annoyed. As for the comparison with Go, other people who I see have issue with Lucario have occasional criticisms of Go. Only time I see them respond to Go complaining is when they start saying things like he’s a psychopath and that people who like him are shills (amongst other things).

No one’s obligated to give either character a chance; as long as they’re not attacking others for liking it, I don’t care what they like. I won’t ever like Lucario in the anime given their track record and will continue to make jokes about it but I won’t ever tell someone they can’t be happy about it. If that ruins your excitement, I apologize but that’s just how things are. People did the same with Incineroar last season and I just ignored them because I didn’t care at the end of the day since it didn’t bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.