• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

It irks me more that no "experienced" animator like Iwane is involved in DD so far.

Icy-Snowflake

I don’t think he will be the only one to showcase the new gimmick as he wasn’t the only one to use Z moves. I fully expect Gengar to Gigantamax as well.
Nah, it's more like Mega evolution.
But I'll be glad if it did.:)

Dracovish and Grookey.
Grookey has been put to sleep by Darkrai. It might join the cast as soon as it gets up from the nightmare.

Probably in the Episode where Lucario and Cinderace debut
Does the staff list change? We only need staff list for the fourth episode and Cinderace and Lucario will most likely debut before.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder which older character will show up next

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Except when they play a voice clip said by Ash over said Pokémon and place said Pokémon in a scan next to all of Ash's other captures then it does admittedly feel a bit misleading unintentionally or not. (And I'm doubtful that they didnt know what they were doing)

I feel like that was a combination of... questionable video editting and we getting way to ahead of ourselves jumping to conclusions (I'm including myself here since I thought Sobble would go to Ash as well)

So do you really think they did it without any idea? They are not dumb. They did it on purpose, and you know it. They are the biggest trolls.

they didn't just put this mysterious Pokémon next to Ash's Pokémon by pure chance.

You speak like you know/have dealt with them personally lol

At the end of the day they are just workers doing a job to get their paychecks not some galaxy brain masterminds

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
That fact that G. Farfetch'd only knows Dark Type moves might be the main reason why it's being shafted so hard.

The writers have a very odd aversion to having Ash use Dark Type moves.

But then that would only raise the question of why the writers would give G. Farfetch'd only Dark Type moves to begin with
It’s more like they just decided to ignore the rest of the team for the time being out of wanting to get Lucario to debut as soon as possible :>

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That fact that G. Farfetch'd only knows Dark Type moves might be the main reason why it's being shafted so hard.

The writers have a very odd aversion to having Ash use Dark Type moves.

But then that would only raise the question of why the writers would give G. Farfetch'd only Dark Type moves to begin with

It's more so that Bea is the only important character that Ash has faced since then seeing how Pikachu has the random COTD on lockdown unless the plot says otherwise like when Riolu beat Tony

Hopefully we see Ash fighting somebody else soon after DD

I hope Go catches Grookery as soon as possible

Yes please, I honestly never want the Grass starter with Ash again. I love the Kalos team so much primarily due to its absence, it happens WAY too much and Is really rather see him utilize other Grass types like the apples or Zarude

Random Thought:
I'm still holding out on the possibility of a Galar ep focusing on Dreepy but with Gengar also being part of the focus even if the chances kinda decreased due to Dragapult set to debut during the DD arc under Leon (presumably in JN043) . It would give Gengar some additional screentime that it could use and give focus to a Galar mon and a potential Ash capture. Have an ep where the duo heads to Galar for whatever and they meet some Dreepy randomly attacking but doesn't hurt or do any damage where they find that it's so weak that a child can easily beat it (following the pokedex entry where JN has surprisingly taking them more seriously and literally where they've even become part of ep plots like for Dragonite) and then also find that it has a love/interest for battling which then Ash decides to offer training it where Ash uses Gengar mainly to do so which eventually leads to an offer of joining the roster but with that same Dreepy being caught as a Drakloak. Simply cause it just seems to be a huge hassle or completely pointless for a 3 stage being caught at base form at this point. And Drakloak does have some temporary gag and comedy potential with the behavior change of now getting desperate and uneasy if it has no Dreepy to look after :>

But that's just me letting my imagination go wild, although I'm still not going to leave the Dreepy line off the table as a potential Ash capture even if the chances have technically decreased like I said due to Leon debuting Dragapult since they can still have Ash own Dragapult but with a twist where Ash will mainly show it off but then at the end, it'll be Leon's that gets the last shine cause final battle.

Leon won't affect that. I highly doubt Ash would use Dragapult against him, I think they're actually trying to establish a team for once instead of pulling things out of their butt like with Alain and Kukui.

Ash can be how the line gets coverage while Leon has it simply because being the Galar champion without a Galar Pokemon would just be bizarre and stupid(hope the gen 9 champ's ace is actually native to the region. Not a fan of Diantha and Leon)

I'll say it'll remain wild until the episode airs. Might not change my opinion after that. Centiskorch also might not get caught. And I think only Pikachu will Gigantamax in Ash's team. Maybe he's the ace in Master Class.

I'll admit I share this fear but keep in mind that Ash only had the chance to do so once so far, and he'll likely be facing the other Galar gym leaders within the Galar region. Bea's more unique as she has no relation to Alistair unlike Gordie and Melony, and her wandering makes more sense than Alastair.
EXACTLY! Its so hypocritical how people say the Goh hate is tiring and then would continuously bash Lucario. Just like the Goh hate, the Lucario hate has gotten annoying, we get it, you hate it, stop shoving it down everyone else's throats and complain every single time it does something, its getting the proper attention it needs imo to make it believable a baby mon could help take down leon and to make its evolution realistic. Gengar and farfetchd getting sidelined isnt riolu's fault lmao

Exactly

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh just gonna throw this out: Whatever Ash's next capture is, I'd like it if it was something worth the wait. And no, his next capture is very likely not his last, like it or not people. Looks far from his last to say the least.

D

Deleted member 384931

Eh just gonna throw this out: Whatever Ash's next capture is, I'd like it if it was something worth the wait. And no, his next capture is very likely not his last, like it or not people. Looks far from his last to say the least.
Or I can see it be a reserve tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.