• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Ash can be how the line gets coverage while Leon has it simply because being the Galar champion without a Galar Pokemon would just be bizarre and stupid(hope the gen 9 champ's ace is actually native to the region. Not a fan of Diantha and Leon)

Hey now at least Diantha has an excuse. If Gamefreak had actually given the Gen 6 Pokémon Megas she wouldn't have had to use Gardevoir

I'll admit I share this fear but keep in mind that Ash only had the chance to do so once so far, and he'll likely be facing the other Galar gym leaders within the Galar region. Bea's more unique as she has no relation to Alistair unlike Gordie and Melony, and her wandering makes more sense than Alastair.
Inb4 the Anime comes up with any way to make sure all the Galar Gym Leaders show up in any place outside Galar:

"Hur dur Nessa has to do a modeling shoot in Kalos!"

"Brrr... Piers' band is on a World Tour hur dur!"

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Hey now at least Diantha has an excuse. If Gamefreak had actually given the Gen 6 Pokémon Megas she wouldn't have had to use Gardevoir

Inb4 the Anime comes up with any way to make sure all the Galar Gym Leaders show up in any place outside Galar:

"Hur dur Nessa has to do a modeling shoot in Kalos!"

"Brrr... Piers' band is on a World Tour hur dur!"
Gives the writers an excuse of visiting Kalos again then instead of constantly going to Hoenn and Kanto lmao (which to this day I still don't understand how they could make so many Hoenn eps but not the others)

D

Deleted member 384931

Gives the writers an excuse of visiting Kalos again then instead of constantly going to Hoenn and Kanto lmao (which to this day I still don't understand how they could make so many Hoenn eps but not the others)
The same lol.

Applecorp

Goh grummed some of his pokémon duo the food-fighting episode. It even gave us the gag of him offering to do it on Raboot to which the bunny goes all tsundere with a "no, thanks" walk away

Yeah but the guy who brought up the topic of grooming was talking about Ash and Pikachu. I don't get the obsession with furry Pokemon that he's got but Ash doesn't seem like the sort of dude who cares about grooming his Pokemon when he can barely take care of himself. :p

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Maybe this is a sign that we may see Serena/Clemont/Bonnie after SH/SW arc or that Ash may capture Gen VI Pokemon or Kalos episode coming soon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PsychoLogical said:
Eh just gonna throw this out: Whatever Ash's next capture is, I'd like it if it was something worth the wait. And no, his next capture is very likely not his last, like it or not people. Looks far from his last to say the least.

I'm not sure what is implying that he'll capture more Pokemon after that point. We don't even know what his sixth Pokemon will be to begin with, so I'm not seeing how there are hints of him having a team of more than six Pokemon when said team isn't even close to being complete yet. And just for reference, I'm personally not counting Barrierd as part of Satoshi's team.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
So today the XY openings were posted. XYZ wasnt included for some reason

I don't think that's really a big surprise since they probably count XY and XY&Z as two separate sagas, just like many members of our fandom apparently do. I don't think it's meant to foreshadow something important happening with regards to Kalos, though.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm not sure what is implying that he'll capture more Pokemon after that point.
After lucario, the only thing left to develop/evolve is farfetch'd. Unless he starts to bring his old mons from Oak, specially the ones who still can evolve, I'd say is pretty a given he'll have some more pokemon to work, specially considering we're probably not in the middle of the current show yet.

Now, if you're talking about catch something still this year, I think Ash is having nothing new until 2021.

We don't even know what his sixth Pokemon will be to begin with, so I'm not seeing how there are hints of him having a team of more than six Pokemon when said team isn't even close to being complete yet. And just for reference, I'm personally not counting Barrierd as part of Satoshi's team.
Fair, considering he spent almost entire past sagas with incomplete teams until the very end, BUT, he's close to have a team of full evolved mons (bar pikachu) still this year (if we're having sirfetch'd still this year). I find reasonable think he'll have some more new mons, I just won't speculate numbers.

nickdt

I'm not sure what is implying that he'll capture more Pokemon after that point. We don't even know what his sixth Pokemon will be to begin with, so I'm not seeing how there are hints of him having a team of more than six Pokemon when said team isn't even close to being complete yet. And just for reference, I'm personally not counting Barrierd as part of Satoshi's team.

I don't even count Dragonite and Gengar as part of his team, since they are reserves more than anything.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
The same lol.

I guess the writers have a bad case of Hoenn nostalgia? Or maybe they and GameFreak think the fans do which might explain the selection of Pokemon in the data-mine for Crown Tundra (not posting spoilers in this thread).

Assuming the recent episode with Marshstomp was in Hoenn they have been there five episodes out of 41 which is 12% of all episodes that have aired so far.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
I don't even count Dragonite and Gengar as part of his team, since they are reserves more than anything.

Are we going to give reserve status to some Pokemon that Satoshi has in this series just because he might not always take said Pokemon with him on adventures? Personally, I think the term "reserve Pokemon" should be saved for Pokemon that Satoshi leaves with one of the major regional professors for long periods of time and doesn't interact with often. Sakuragi-hakase isn't a major professor though, and Satoshi sees Kairyu and Gangar quite frequently, so I wouldn't count them as "reserves".

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I guess the writers have a bad case of Hoenn nostalgia? Or maybe they and GameFreak think the fans do which might explain the selection of Pokemon in the data-mine for Crown Tundra (not posting spoilers in this thread).

Assuming the recent episode with Marshstomp was in Hoenn they have been there five episodes out of 41 which is 12% of all episodes that have aired so far.
I’m surprised Go haven’t more Houenn and Johto mons, then. Even more surprised Ash didn’t get anything from these regions yet, since they are the writers’ favorite places after Kanto and Galar, apparently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.