• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Would there really be any point in having another Sinnoh mon added to the seemingly large roster Ash will have this time around? Lucario pretty much settles for Sinnoh alone and I assume it’s something they wanted Ash to personally own for a longtime like alot of anipoke fans have as well. Unless they’re willing to being back Gible and eventually have it become a full fledged Garchomp (due to Garchomp’s strong popularity and marketability where its the most marketable pseudo) then I really just see any other Sinnoh additions to be a bit redundant. If anything, it’s Hoenn, Unova, and Johto (and at an extent Alola due to Naganadel not really being much of a true team member) that could use some strong representation on the roster right now if we’re talking old gen.

Well if you look hard any enough you could really ask that about any Pokémon. There isn’t any limit on how many Pokémon Ash could get from a specific region.

Also there plenty of Pokémon from Sinnoh that they could choose to give Ash. Plus I highly doubt they care if there is already a Pokémon from said region on Ash’s team. I mean if they don’t care about type overlap then I’m not sure why you would think they would care about region overlap.

Plus if we do get DP remake in 2021 or during gen 8 then it would make sense that they may want to have Ash to catch an additional Sinnoh Pokémon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well if you look hard any enough you could really ask that about any Pokémon. There isn’t any limit on how many Pokémon Ash could get from a specific region.

Also there plenty of Pokémon from Sinnoh that they could choose to give Ash. Plus I highly doubt they care if there is already a Pokémon from said region on Ash’s team. I mean if they don’t care about type overlap then I’m not sure why you would think they would care about region overlap.

Plus if we do get DP remake in 2021 or during gen 8 then it would make sense that they may want to have Ash to catch an additional Sinnoh Pokémon.
He has Lucario, which is enough when it comes to promotion.

Decidueye23

Personally after lucario i am quite content with sinnoh mons he has. I feel like he could use some other pokemon from other regions. Zoroark, tyranitar, espeon, and a few galarian mons amongst which g-Darmanitan and toxtricity would be my picks. I actually cannot wait for his team changes! I hope we get some hints soon.

I would say thats what Go is for. He anyway seems to be promoting SWSH too with having two starters. They could easily add in a few sinnoh mons onto his team.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Personally after lucario i am quite content with sinnoh mons he has. I feel like he could use some other pokemon from other regions. Zoroark, tyranitar, espeon, and a few galarian mons amongst which g-Darmanitan and toxtricity would be my picks. I actually cannot wait for his team changes! I hope we get some hints soon.

I would say thats what Go is for. He anyway seems to be promoting SWSH too with having two starters. They could easily add in a few sinnoh mons onto his team.
I don't think that Ash will get Tyranitar or Espeon for various reasons.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decidueye23 said:

I also think that Gou'll be used as the main vehicle for Shinou promotion if it comes to that. Satoshi has Lucario which automatically counts as Gen IV promotion of course, but I think Gou will be the one who'll add a different highly marketable Gen IV Pokemon to his team for the sake of the supposed remakes.

ShadowForce720

He has Lucario, which is enough when it comes to promotion.

Just because Ash has Lucario doesn’t mean that he can’t catch another Sinnoh Pokémon.

That argument doesn’t work no matter how many times some people try to reuse it. Is Goh going to catch some more Sinnoh Pokémon l? Yes, of course he will however that does not mean that Ash can’t get an additional captures from Sinnoh.

Look Goh was not created to limit the amount of Pokémon Ash would catch, the number of Pokémon from the different regions that are caught , and/or which regions they are caught.

I mean heck the argument trying to use just completely falls apart at it’s core when you consider that by it’s own logic then Ash shouldn’t have been able to get any captures because the core of the logic you’re trying to use that’s what Goh is for and yet here we are.

Sure Goh will likely catch some more Sinnoh Pokémon but he is also going to catch more Pokémon from each region because that is part of his goal so of course he is going to catch some more Sinnoh Pokémon.

I mean saying that Goh will catch more Pokémon is like saying Ash will battle some more.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I also think that Gou'll be used as the main vehicle for Shinou promotion if it comes to that. Satoshi has Lucario which automatically counts as Gen IV promotion of course, but I think Gou will be the one who'll add a different highly marketable Gen IV Pokemon to his team for the sake of the supposed remakes.
Such as? Apart from Lucario, the only other marketable Sinnoh mon I could see Goh having is Garchomp. Tho admittedly I'd much rather Ash just bring back his Gible and evolve it. (I still don't know what the point was in having Ash catch Gible to begin with)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Which are...?
Tyranitar is exclusive to Shield, which makes it more likely that Gou will receive it, while I don't know why people want Espeon out of all Eeveelutions, especially considering that there are seven other options and Eevee is going to Koharu and it appears that they associate Eevee and its evolutions with girls for some reason.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Tyranitar is exclusive to Shield, which makes it more likely that Gou will receive it, while I don't know why people want Espeon out of all Eeveelutions, especially considering that there are seven other options and Eevee is going to Koharu and it appears that they associate Eevee and its evolutions with girls for some reason.
Go has caught Pokémon that aren't even available in the game (Ex: Dewgong)

I really don't think that the writers give af about version exclusives

ShadowForce720

Chloe is not a main character and on top of that Eevee has a branched evolution and there have been male characters that have used Eevee and it’s Eeveelutions. So no, Ash would still be able to get an Espeon or one of the other Eeveelutions.

As for Tyranitar it being a shield exclusive is completely irrelevant and wouldn’t prevent Ash from getting one and no just because it’s a shield exclusives in the games doesn’t mean that it’s somehow more likely to go to Goh then Ash.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Chloe is not a main character and on top of that Eevee has a branched evolution and there have been male characters that have used Eevee and it’s Eeveelutions. So no, Ash would still be able to get an Espeon or one of the other Eeveelutions.

As for Tyranitar it being a shield exclusive is completely irrelevant and wouldn’t prevent Ash from getting one and no just because it’s a shield exclusives in the games doesn’t mean that it’s somehow more likely to go to Goh then Ash.
Most male characters that used Eevee were minor characters, with the sole exception being Gary Oak, a rival.

ShadowForce720

Most male characters that used Eevee were minor characters, with the sole exception being Gary Oak, a rival.

Gladion was not a minor character as he was a rival. That also doesn’t change the fact that Chloe is not a main character and that Eevee has a branched evolution so there isn’t anything that would prevent Ash from getting an Eeveelution if the decide to go down that route.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Gladion was not a minor character as he was a rival. That also doesn’t change the fact that Chloe is not a main character and that Eevee has a branched evolution so there isn’t anything that would prevent Ash from getting an Eeveelution if the decide to go down that route.
No male main character has ever owned an Eeveelution, and this includes Ash.

Cptnmac1

No male main character has ever owned an Eeveelution, and this includes Ash.
Just like before this series, no main male character owned a fairy type and yet ash has Mr mime and goh caught flabebe. Not to mention over 20 years, only 2 eeveelutions have even made it on the main cast and one was after the character left so using that is a pretty flimsy argument. Then there's the fact that Gary, Gladion and Virgil are all shown owning an eeveelution( they're all male characters and all of them are shown as strong trainers). There's literally 0 reason besides your own bias that ash wouldn't be able to have an eeveelution

Status
Not open for further replies.