• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry's Journey

Sirfetch'd!

EoN_7_xVcAAJqYQ

Ash's Sirfetch'd (hopefully it evolves soon, early 2021).
Go's Drizzile (the same as above).
Toxtricity, one for Ash, the other for Go? but I think it's more likely both go to Go.
and the random Snom.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I mean, i think someone needs to introduce Frosmoth to Misty. I think she instantly falls in love with Frosmoth, even if she hates bugs.

Why would she? It's only subjectively better-looking than some of the other Bug-types, and since it's not a Water-type I doubt that she'd show any kind of admiration or interest in it, anyway.
Pretty much what @Leonhart said.

I think a better idea is to introduce Misty to Surskit or Dewpider/Aquaranid
since they are Water/Bug Types and it'd be interesting to see how she'd react to them

Leonhart

Imagineer
lemoncatpower said:
It’d be neat if TRio got the toxtricitys and then ash with sirfetchd, go with drizzile, and koharu with snom.
But I also agree that it’d be weird to give koharu a bunch of Pokémon out of no where when we don’t even know what’s happening with her yet.

If it means that the writers would make Strinder out of reach for Satoshi in that manner, then I'm all for it. But I'm not convinced that Koharu will suddenly start capturing more Pokemon after Eievui, either. I'd at least like to wait until we learn if she'll get a Pokemon related goal first.

desdar300

If it means that the writers would make Strinder out of reach for Satoshi in that manner, then I'm all for it. But I'm not convinced that Koharu will suddenly start capturing more Pokemon after Eievui, either. I'd at least like to wait until we learn if she'll get a Pokemon related goal first.
I feel like at best she's only getting one more and that's it.

Icy-Snowflake

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that Blue Tagline (on the Top Left of that pic) the Anime's Logo?
It's looks exactly like this
700.png
I've seen a few unrelated merchandise using the same logo though.

The previous moncolle boxes had Pikachu, Drednaw and Galar starters (Dec 2019), Gengar, Raboot, G-Farfetch'd, Corviknight and Alcremie (July 2020). And this one's supposed to release this month.
Y107283_b.jpg

Y107603_b.jpg

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

The previous moncolle boxes had Pikachu, Drednaw and Galar starters (Dec 2019), Gengar, Raboot, G-Farfetch'd, Corviknight and Alcremie (July 2020). And this one's supposed to release this month.
Y107283_b.jpg

Y107603_b.jpg
Interesting.

Tho it is worth noting that in all these sets there's at least one Pokémon in them that shows up in the anime around the same time.

The First Moncolle Set has Drednaw who appeared in the anime around the same time (Dec 2019)

Second Moncolle Set had G-Farfetched who also appeared in the anime around the same time (July 2020)

So in the 3rd Moncolle Set I think it's safe to assume that at least one Pokémon in that group will show up in the Anime soon (Probably Sirfetch'd)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Icy-Snowflake said:

Y107283_b.jpg

Y107603_b.jpg

This proves that at least some of the advertised Pokemon in these figurines have appeared in the anime around the time of their release, although there were some anomalies such Sarunori, Armorga, and Mawhip, which didn't appear in the anime around the time of their respective Moncolle sets.

SlimKennedy

Alright... since we unfortunately won't be getting anything new to speculate and talk about for a little while longer, I'll might as well dump us a new (and generic) topic to talk about in the mean time:
Since Ash isn't locked to one region for captures anymore, Put out around 2-3 options for each region that you want Ash to potentially own as time goes on (exclude Legendaries and Mythicals for now) and label one of them as the one that you want him to own the most like this:
(Ex: 1. Chandelure, 2. Hydreigon, 3. Volcarona) The one put first would be the one that you want him to own the most that's from that region.
For Galar tho, put out at least 4 for Galar since it is the new region and thus gets special treatment which the one you want the most doesn't matter and can go wild. And I just still don't think he isn't going to have the usual 5 new region mons like he always does in every saga as a side note. If you don't have any for one region then you can just skip by saying none or resort to reserves returning to evolve or not.
Put it in spoilers so my reasoning wouldn't take a whole page.
1. Rhyhorn/Rhydon -Because Ash got cheated out of catching Rhyhorn at the Safari Zone, and later turned down the opportunity to receive one in a trade for one of his 30 Tauros. Rhydon is an extremely nostalgic Pokémon. It was the first Pokémon to appear in the original manga after all. It would also add rock and ground typing to his Kanto lineup.

2.Pidgeot return-It was a tossup between Pidgeot, Butterfree and Primeape. The thing is, with Butterfree going off to start it's own family, it's story had a satisfying (and tear-jerking) end. Plus, both Butterfree and it's mate, plus Primeape, have at least had cameos in openings since their releases. Pidgeot has had jack.

3.Kangaskhan-I know people are fed up with all the Kanto pandering, and adding another normal type to Ash's roster doesn't really seem to add anything competitively, but Kangaskhan is a tanky Pokémon that would work well among any champion's team. I could see an episode where the boys encounter the group into which Pikachu was adopted. His mama and the others are all so happy with how well he's doing. Then, his Kangas-kid sister (now grown as well) decides she wants to journey with Pikachu and Ash.

1.Tyranitar-I want to see an episode where the boys are exploring Mt. Silver. Out of nowhere, a wild Tyranitar starts charging at them. The boys are understandably terrified and try to run, but the Tyranitar catches up to them easily. Then, instead of attacking like they expected, it picks up Ash, and begins smothering him with affection. Ash recognizes Tyranitar as his old friend Larvitar, all grown up. By the end of the episode, Tyranitar joins Ash's team.

2.Espeon-If I'm not mistaken, Ash mentioned once that Espeon was his favorite Eeveelution. (May have just been in the dub.) Regardless, I always felt he should have gotten an Espeon. It would have made a great counterpart to Gary's Umbreon, and it syncs so we'll with Red's in-game team.

3.Totodile evolution-I always felt like Totodile was cheated after it's evolution was hunted at in the sumo episode. I feel like it's quirky personality would still work well as a Croconaw. Plus, it just feels a little out of place with the other two starters being in their middle stages while Totodile remains unevolved.

1.Absol-I feel like Absol being viewed as a bad omen would just incentivize Ash to want to befriend it. Absol is a pretty marketable Pokémon, it's capable of mega-evolution and it would add a dark type to Ash's Hoenn team.

2.Metang/Metagross-Since I seem to be building a theme of having a pseudo-legendary from every region, Metagross feels like a good fit. It adds steel and psychic to Ash's Hoenn team. I added it's middle stages because catching everything fully evolved doesn't leave much room for development. That being said, I feel like Beldum would just be boring.

3.Zangoose-I know, I know. Another boring normal type. That being said, I really like the idea someone else posted about Ash and Goh catching Zangoose and Seviper respectively, and having to work through their constant feuding. Bonus points if Zangoose is shiny.

1.Weavile-I know it's just an evolution of a gen two Pokémon, but it was released in gen four, so I'm counting it. I think Weavile is an awesome looking Pokémon, and it would add dark and ice type to Ash's Sinnoh team.

2.Gible evolution-For the love of Arceus, bring back Gible and let it evolve!

3.Cranidos-It's a flipping fossil Pokémon for crying out loud. It's super marketable, and a strong battler (even without evolving). I feel like it could fulfill the role of Ash's cute, unevolved Pokémon. Plus, I prefer it hands down to any of the Galar abominations.

1.Snivy evolution-Honestly, she didn't even get an upgraded move pool after her capture. Give my girl some development!

2.Oshawott evolution-Oshawott got screwed for the sake of marketability. Let's give him the redemption he deserves.

3.Chandelure-Honestly, there just don't feel like a lot of options for Unova, given the large number of Pokémon Ash already caught that season. That being said, I felt like they were going for a second grass/fire/water trio, and got a little disappointed when it didn't happen. It was between Chandelier and Volcarona for me. They're both really cool Pokémon, but Ash already has Leavanny as a bug type. Chandelure adds ghost type to Ash's Unova roster.

1.Aegislash-Again, there aren't a lot of choices for the Kalos region. This time, it's because there just weren't a lot of Pokémon introduced in gen six. That being said, a sword fits Ash's chosen one persona, and it does add both ghost and steel to his Kalos roster.

2.Quilladin/Chesnaught-Like Oshawott, Chespin fell victim to the cute and marketable trope. It didn't help that it belonged to a companion. Chesnaught adds grass and fighting type to Ash's Kalos roster, and capturing it in it's middle stage leaves room for development without having to give Chespin even more screen time.

3.Bergmite/Avalugg-I initially wanted to go with Tyrunt here, but I think two dragons for the region is plenty. Bergmite/Avalugg adds an ice type to Ash's Kalos team. Plus, I feel like Avalugg could be a chance to do a Torterra like arc, only do it right this time.

1.Mimikyu-Not only is Mimikyu an insanely marketable Pokémon, but it adds two new types to Ash's Alola lineup. (Ghost and fairy.) Now that Jessie's Mimikyu isn't on the main cast anymore, the two wouldn't be redundant. Instead of making it antagonistic like Jessie's, make Ash's more docile. Instead of being jealous of Pikachu, it could just feel inferior, leaving Ash and Pikachu to build up it's confidence.

2.Crabrawler/Crabominable-I always just felt like Crabrawler would be a good fit for Ash. It's a strong fighter, but it's also a little derpy. (I love derpy!) Evolving it would add an ice type to the Alola team, but it would also fit in fine as-is.

3.Mudbray/Mudsdale-I just really love Mudsdale. No other reason.

1.Corvisquire/Corviknight-I absolutely love Corviknight. I think it would be a great fit for Ash. I'd want any Galar Pokémon that Ash caught to have room for development. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of Rookidee, and I think catching the line in it's middle stage would still work.

2.Snom/Frosmoth-I've loved Frosmoth since the moment I first laid eyes on it. It's got a great design, and a unique typing. I think it would be a great addition to Ash's team.

3.Applin/Flapple-Flapple is one of my favorite Galar Pokémon. I also think it would make for some great contrast if Goh were to catch an Appleton.

4.Toxel/Toxtricity (Amped Form)-Again, one of my favorite Galar Pokémon.I think Amped Form would suit Ash best.

5.Silicobra/Sandaconda-I just feel like it would make an interesting addition to Ash's team. It would dwarf most of his other Pokémon. Plus, it would be a nice little flex on Goh, who already tried and failed to catch a Silicobra.

kickachu

Momentai!
So what spoilers the new possible opening we get in January we might get not just including goh's captures but ashes captures and evolution

BobbbidyBob

Well that's mostly because Sobble is timid(which could end up changing upon evolving) Grookey or any other replacement probably wouldn't have that issue
Sobble’s evolutions look emo as yak milk!

Status
Not open for further replies.