• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applecorp

So what pokemon you think ash will catch next year besides dracovish

Wish I had clairvoyance so I could answer this with certainty but I don't so I'll just regurgitate the same list of Pokemon that everyone else always say that includes G-Ponyta, Kubfu, Absol, Latias, Zoroark, Blaziken and Tyranitar. Oh let me add G-Darmanitan too for good measure to complete the predictable and circular discussion that we've all had 1 million times already. :p

D

Deleted member 384931

I do sometimes wonder:why didnt they let Satoshi a Sirfetched instead of a G. Farfechted? Would be cheaper and maybe it could have decent screentime instead.

ShadowForce720

I do sometimes wonder:why didnt they let Satoshi a Sirfetched instead of a G. Farfechted? Would be cheaper and maybe it could have decent screentime instead.

Probably because they wanted to show off that Galarian Farfetch’d can evolve, and it’s more effective to have Ash catch one and evolve into a Sirfetch’d rather then just having a character of the day show it off or just being told that Sirfetch’d evolves from Sirfetch’d.

Chances are the amount of screen time Sirfetch’d will have is going on to be the same regardless of whether it was caught as a Sirfetch’d or not. Basically even if Ash caught a Sirfetch’d directly it would either not be caught until a later episode or it would be treated the same way as Galarian Farfetch’d at first until we get to later episodes.

kickachu

Momentai!
so do you think we'll know what Chloe will want to do next year?

DuskAstral

Most likely Kubfu.
I think this series clearly shows that no legend will get caught by the main characters (ie Zapdos and Mewtwo failed to catch, and while Eternatus did, it wasn't stopped), so Kubfu is out.

Maybe Grookey.
I also doubt Grookey, because he will not receive proper development alongside Satoshi (his earlier starters were already caught in the initial episodes of adventures in a given region). Also, given that the 8th generation anime has changed the format a bit, it's possible this will be the first series where the Pikachu trainer doesn't catch any starter.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I think this series clearly shows that no legend will get caught by the main characters (ie Zapdos and Mewtwo failed to catch, and while Eternatus did, it wasn't stopped), so Kubfu is out.

I also doubt Grookey, because he will not receive proper development alongside Satoshi (his earlier starters were already caught in the initial episodes of adventures in a given region). Also, given that the 8th generation anime has changed the format a bit, it's possible this will be the first series where the Pikachu trainer doesn't catch any starter.

Not really, look just because Go failed to catch Zapdos doesn’t mean that a legendary Pokémon can’t wind up in the main cast. As for Mewtwo and Eternamax Eternatus they are in the top tier when it comes to legendary so of course they would be permanently caught.

We have seen characters own the low tier legendaries and have even seen Ash beat Leon’s low tier legendaries before, so it’s already to late to act like that all legendary Pokémon are in this class of Pokémon that can’t be owned.

I mean heck Ash owns both a Fully evolved Ultra Beast and a Mythical.

Master Pikachu 11

I got a good one for you guys. What if the preview is doing a bait and switch on us where the shots of Ash being excited for Dracovish are all from before it gets restored, not afterwards? They could have Ash do a complete 180 after seeing how it turns out and have Chloe become interested in it. Notice how in the shots where they're looking at the tablet and the restoration we see Ash optimistic, Goh pessimistic, and Chloe with a neutral, in between look? That's our hint. This could be one of those things where Dracovish is restored and devastated by trying to figure out whether it was originally an only water type or only dragon type. This could also go into what Chloe wants to do in the future and become a Pokemon Therapist, solving each Pokemon's problems.
This is actually not a bad idea, of course this theory will disappoint those that want Ash to get it. Still I like the idea of Chloe wanting to be a Pokémon Therapist as it is a type of dream that has never been done before in the anime so it set apart from the other poke girls and it involves Pokémon.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
There's no predicting what Ash will get at this point.

Even I'm skeptical about Dracovish and I actually want Ash to capture it.

I don't know why we call the fossils abominations when Eiscue exist. That thing is more of an abomination than the fossils.
What's everyone got against my baby Eiscue? :(
Angry-Super-Mario-Slaps-a-Sad-Luigi.gif

No really tho? Why do so many hate Eiscue? As much as I love Pokémon like Inteleon and Dracovish I can understand people finding them ugly. Inteleon is beautiful and I will die on that hill for my precious noodle!

Eiscue doesn't really fall into that problem. It's not "Beautiful" but it isn't really ugly either. Also I thought it would've been more popular among people who like simple yet derpy Pokémon designs such as Snom.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

Unlike most legendaries, Kubfu isn't lurking but a gift one... So I believe that would be an exemption...

Besides, Kubfu line can be written as if they're just as average as other mons, like what they did with Type: Null line...

kickachu

Momentai!
Since umbreon espeon and glaceon had small roles Friday what you think their roles will be next year
Chloe becoming a Pokémon Therapist would be freaking awesome. As someone heavily big on Psychology I'd love to see that applied to a show I enjoy a lot
What does a pokemon therapist do?

nickdt

There's no predicting what Ash will get at this point.

Even I'm skeptical about Dracovish and I actually want Ash to capture it.

What's everyone got against my baby Eiscue? :(
Angry-Super-Mario-Slaps-a-Sad-Luigi.gif

No really tho? Why do so many hate Eiscue? As much as I love Pokémon like Inteleon and Dracovish I can understand people finding them ugly. Inteleon is beautiful and I will die on that hill for my precious noodle!

Eiscue doesn't really fall into that problem. It's not "Beautiful" but it isn't really ugly either. Also I thought it would've been more popular among people who like simple yet derpy Pokémon designs such as Snom.

tbh, i think Eiscue's main problem is that its version exclusive, so not many people can experience it if they only buy one of the games.

I just think Eiscue is weird. By far my least favorite Galar mon (However, still not in my bottom half of my least favorites mon overall), but Galar still has a solid line-up of Pokemon (Just like Kalos and Alola). Seems like its a good thing to not have that many Pokemon, since then there are lesser misses in Pokemon designs.

Master Pikachu 11

Now I'll admit I've been on the Flygon for Ash longer than most looking back at it. But with Flygon's episode the only deterrent with Ash hypothetically catching Flygon was the opportunity it presented for Goh. Granted it's not on the upper echelon of other dragons like Salamence, Hydreigon and Kommo-O as opponents for Goh in that situation. The battle ready Ash not wanting to battle so Goh had to step up for the battle. Sobble was the complete misdirection while Flygon wasn't. Cinderace and Flygon are Goh's strongest Pokemon. While disregarding Pikachu. Lucario and Dragonite are Ash's strongest in symmetry. I may not like it and how it turned out with my favourite Dragon for Goh.
Don’t forget about Golurk!
Anyway yeah the episode really set the opportunity for Goh to catch it and unlike Sobble we knew Goh was going to get it from the opening and before that the summary which stated that he had a plan to beat it.
I doubt Ash gets Grookey. Its makes absolutely zero sense to wait a year to debut a starter if they want to give it to Ash, especially with his PWC goal.
First time for everything, I am still going to believe that he will get it, even though I know that I could be wrong which wouldn’t be the first time nor the last, but they had no problem evolving Scorbunny rather quickly then starters would normally since most starters would be evolving in either year two or three. Goh already has Cinderrace in the first year/ season alone, so I don’t see why Grookey couldn’t do the same thing. Most people doubted that Torracat would evolve so having most doubt that he would catch Grookey only increases my hope that he gets it and belief that he will.

Mythical-Moonlight

tbh, i think Eiscue's main problem is that its version exclusive, so not many people can experience it if they only buy one of the games.

I just think Eiscue is weird. By far my least favorite Galar mon (However, still not in my bottom half of my least favorites mon overall), but Galar still has a solid line-up of Pokemon (Just like Kalos and Alola). Seems like its a good thing to not have that many Pokemon, since then there are lesser misses in Pokemon designs.
Understandable.

I agree with you on Galar and Alola having Solid Pokémon line ups. (I'm not big on 90% of Kalos' Dex tho)

Of all the Galar Pokémon my Least Favorite would be Stonjourner. And that's mostly because I completely forgot that thing even Existed XD

nickdt

Understandable.

I agree with you on Galar and Alola having Solid Pokémon line ups. (I'm not big on 90% of Kalos' Dex tho)

Of all the Galar Pokémon my Least Favorite would be Stonjourner. And that's mostly because I completely forgot that thing even Existed XD

Thats fair though. A good thing we all have different preferences in what we want to see in a Pokemon, else it would be so absolutely boring.

Mythical-Moonlight

Since we're going to aimlessly wonder who Ash's next victim will be for the next 3 weeks, let's play a game.

Tell us which Pokémon you'd like to see next year join the main cast potential captures without actually saying their name!

And other people have to guess who you're talking about.

(Note: It doesn't have to be just potential captures for Ash. Remember Go and Chloe are options too)

For example I'd personally like to see:

1.) Guitar Hero Barney
2.) The Non Garbage Pansage
3.) Lizard Ichimatsu Matsuno
4.) Ice Ice Baby
5.) Freddy Freaker
6.) Little Witch Academia
7.) The Literal White Knight
8.) My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
9.) Pecola
10.) The 6 Headed Caterpillar

Can you guess who I'm talking about? :p

Last edited:

Bohdan

D

Deleted member 384931

And that's it, that's all there is to it :(
That is good right?

KKS-Lapras

I do wonder, if since, in the case of Gengar, it felt like the writers were almost giving acknowledgement that many fans of the Anime over the years were disappointed that Haunter was left with Sabrina, instead of going with Ash, might the writers revisit other past Pokemon lines that ended in a similar way, Pidgeot, Lapras, Primeape, and in terms of Pokemon that Ash hadn't actually captured but cared for, Larvitar.

That's something that would be neat, if Ash in one of the visits to Johto, happened to come across the Larvitar that was returned to its mother, and said Larvitar decided to join Ash's team.

Spoink is another one that comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.