• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Risrhayne

Wow, that preview. I’m glad we’re getting a unique arc here, I was starting to get bored after the Darkest Day arc. I thought they were gonna just adapt the Isle of Armor with Ash and Goh getting twin Kubfu or something cute like that, but we’re hitting the ground with Project Mew. I guess it would solve the impending space issues at the Cerise Lab if Goh caught Mew early, huh?

The biggest news for me is Ash and Goh FINALLY going to Oak’s lab. I can’t wait for Goh to be shocked at Ash having extremely vivid memories with all of his Pokémon outside of catching them. And hey, they’re showing mons from multiple regions and not the same old Bulbasaur, Tauros, Muk and Charizard. Looks like Infernape will be back too! I still think that was Ash’s best Pokémon in terms of development. Time for Cinderace to see what Pokémon she COULD have been. Has anyone seen Lucario? No? GOOD.

The only thing that bums me out though is it doesn’t look like Chloe’s gonna be doing much besides giving Eevee a scarf. I get that her development is about finding her own path, but she’s been billed as the tritagonist, slowly upgraded to the OP and promos and even been the focus in some episodes, but that’s just it; SOME episodes. Let her catch a new Pokémon, they already fooled us with the Ponyta. Maybe try a contest, have a battle. Just something besides these once-in-blue-moon episodes where Eevee is allowed to stretch her legs before 18 episodes of being carried so the animators have one less pair of arms to animate. And for Pete’s sake EVOLVE YAMPER. The poor baby got heavily demoted when Eevee arrived despite its importance to Chloe, give it something to do besides being left behind.

dman_dustin

I don't know. With him not getting any of the Galar starters it's clear that they, for some reason, think that Gou should be the one to market the new Pokemon.

Which is absolutely idiotic since Ash has been to other regions screwing over 8th generation a new region Ash has never been before feels dumb as hell.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
He still caught Dracovish and Galarian Farfetch'd btw, and it's not impossible for him to catch more Galar mons.
I don't know if he can get any Galar mons besides Urshifu. Because, he can't challenge either tower on the Isle of Armor without a Kubfu.

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
I don't know if he can get any Galar mons besides Urshifu. Because, he can't challenge either tower on the Isle of Armor without a Kubfu.
If Ash catches the DETESTED Absol and moves forward, it would be more hyped than expected. Rookidee maybe, but I literally wanted OAKED Mons to return in an episode. My final wish is to see Pidgeot come back to action as well.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Although, Ash might end up getting Piplup because Koharu is too much of a minor character to get it and I can't see Gou getting it until Grookey evolves or is close to evolving.

Ignition

Sinnoh Season
@Pokegirl Fan~ @Ignition OAK MONS AND INFERNAPE ARE BACKKKKKKK
OMG HYPE
GARY
OAK MONS
DRACOVISH BATTLING
URSHIFU
CROWN TUNDRA
LETS GOOOO JOURNEYS IS GETTING GOOD
HYPEEEEE
Wait what?! I just woke up and hear Infernape’s back?! I get Infernape, Krookodile, & Incineroar back in one series? I change my mind: Journeys best series no contest. I haven’t been this excited since Ash vs Kukui oml

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Trailer looks sweet! Got me pretty much hyped, seeing the old gangs back together. Maybe a cheeky evolution of an old trusted pal? (A man can dream, right?)
Edit: I want to see more action of my Boy Glalie!

nickdt

Trailer looks sweet! Got me pretty much hyped, seeing the old gangs back together. Maybe a cheeky evolution of an old trusted pal? (A man can dream, right?)
Edit: I want to see more action of my Boy Glalie!

So do i, but i take a Glalie appearance at this point, especially since it was done dirty in both the Battle Frontier and the Sinnoh league.