• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Zariful

So we see that Ash and his Infernape are working together again. Does this give you all hope that the rest of the mons aren't glorified cameos and will also do stuff as well?

Ignition

Sinnoh Season
Will be extremely disappointed if these two new characters are the only Urshifu representation we see. They have nice designs but I wanted to see Mustard and Honey debut them. Hopefully Kubfu shows up with them.

charinija

I think Infernape is one of Ash's 6 strongest Pokemon. Greninja is the strongest.

Infernape's Blaze was shown almost invincible when active. Let's see how long Blaze will last against Moltres.

However, after showing so many legends, Goh throws pokeball again in the last scene.

I hope they don't give Goh another legendary Pokemon again.

The only worrying part about the trailer is Goh again.

nickdt

I think Infernape is one of Ash's 6 strongest Pokemon. Greninja is the strongest.

Infernape's Blaze was shown almost invincible when active. Let's see how long Blaze will last against Moltres.

However, after showing so many legends, Goh throws pokeball again in the last scene.

Base Greninja is weak though.

What are base Greninja's feats? And compare those with Talonflame and Hawlucha. Talonflame and Hawluca don't need a power buff to shine, unlike Weakninja.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Will be extremely disappointed if these two new characters are the only Urshifu representation we see. They have nice designs but I wanted to see Mustard and Honey debut them. Hopefully Kubfu shows up with them.
Ash might end up getting one, because he needs one in order to challenge the Towers on the Isle of Armor, unless they completely change how the Towers work.

Ragnarok4

Journeys >>>> SM by far

the strongest is "peak"achu, 2) Greninja , 3) Charizard & blazeape, 4) sceptile, 5)incine

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
I'll never understand the pedestal Greninja gets put on for his relatively lacking battle record. He never carried a team like Charizard did vs Gary or Infernape did vs Paul, he never outright beat Diantha in their training match, his Ash Greninja form was an over glorified pseudo Mega Evolution. Yeah he beat Mega Abomosnow and Mega Sceptile... I'm positive Charizard and Infernape could do that too without Mega Evolution.
We haven't even talked about peak Pikachu either lol

nuzamaki90

Come to think, we didn’t see Asahi’s Pokémon huh? Man I really hope she doesn’t have Rapid Strike Urshifu lol please give one to Ash damn it

Ragnarok4

Journeys >>>> SM by far
I'll never understand the pedestal Greninja gets put on for his relatively lacking battle record. He never carried a team like Charizard did vs Gary or Infernape did vs Paul, he never outright beat Diantha in their training match, his Ash Greninja form was an over glorified pseudo Mega Evolution. Yeah he beat Mega Abomosnow and Mega Sceptile... I'm positive Charizard and Infernape could do that too without Mega Evolution.
We haven't even talked about peak Pikachu either lol
That is painfully easy to answer

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
Come to think, we didn’t see Asahi’s Pokémon huh? Man I really hope she doesn’t have Rapid Strike Urshifu lol please give one to Ash damn it
Well, there's the smallest off chance Ash could get Kubfu

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If they do that then I'm going to become skeptical of Ash catching anything, especially considering that they are going to bring back his reserves.

Morax

Unknown member
And instead of doing so... you post this? Greninja is awesome, don't get me wrong. He has no Legendary defeats under his belt.
He's Ash-greninja. Feats literally don't matter. It terms of special snowflakes, he's a #2 right after pikachu.