• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

It's a rule that's in place because Ash catching a feminine Pokemon would drive young boys away from the franchise.

How many times are you going to bring this old conceited tired rhetoric in here Riley. Seriously how many times. The writers can do whatever they please, the Pokemon Ash captures is moot at this point. Enough with it and knock it off.

Hell I want Ash to catch a Milotic as it's an awesome Pokemon. But enough with that rhetoric, this is the 6th time you've pulled it that I've seen.

The writers can do whatever in the blue hell they please.

(I apologize for my response).

For the female contributors on this forum, I know for a fact that you want to see something different and you shouldn't be disparaged for something you want to see happen. Pokemon is for everyone and not for one specific gender. If I have to hold you (Riley) accountable than so be it. But seriously enough.

I can provide 10 Pokemon off the top of my head that I know some friends of mine who are female they want to have happen.

Absol
Chansey
Gardevoir
Horsea
Hatterene
Gothita
Pyroar
Gengar (Already Done)
Houndour
Milotic

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It's a rule that's in place because Ash catching a feminine Pokemon would drive young boys away from the franchise.
We’re seriously back to that rule and feminine garbage? Piss off with that m8. That was and will never be a rule. And you don’t seem to know much about demographics.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Riley clearly doesn’t care about anything that’s contrary to his head canons. He’s been proven wrong multiple times and refuses to listen to anyone who disagrees even with evidence. If Ash got something like Hatterene, he’ll just jump on to something else and state it as absolute fact. For the sake of everyone who actually cares about discussion, realize that there’s no point in trying to reason with him and just let him spout his nonsense

esquilo09

Just because he hasn’t gotten a feminine looking Pokémon before doesn’t mean that it can’t happen in this series as it is unpredictable and anything is on the table, so expect the unexpected.

Well none of those previous Pokémon that appeared in those two parter episodes have had any merchandise for them, but now Gulpin does so it is extremely possible for him to get one this time especially when one fell on his head and isn’t stuck in a dried up dirt.
And didn't made him give up on capturing just because it used Psychic, although Gulpin can't learn Psychic.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So what move is Farfetch'd going to forget to learn Meteor Assault? I think it could do without Focus energy one it evolves(since that just raises the critical hit ratio)
Hopefully, since its current move-set is a bit limiting, as it has 2 Dark, 1 Bug and 1 Normal (status) type moves.
"Focus Energy" is probably there in the move-set, as a reasoning to allow G.Farfetch'd to evolve, without using any odd plot. So, there is no need for it post evolution.

For me, i really hope that, when G.Farfetch'd evolves to Sirfetch'd, it gets the following move-set
- Meteor Assault (dropping "Night Slash", since animation-wise, it should look similar)
- Iron Defense (dropping "Focus Energy", as it has to showcase the usage of that leek shield it carries)
- Fury Cutter
- Brutal Swing

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:

That's silly. I could maybe understand that argument if all of Satoshi's Pokemon were feminine, but not if it captures one or two feminine Pokemon while his other Pokemon look masculine or at best gender neutral. Admittedly, I dislike most Fairy-types in general, but not necessarily feminine Pokemon as a whole.

Master Pikachu 11

There is no rule that says that writers can’t have Ash catch a feminine Pokémon especially when Pokémon like Gardevoir is very popular and marketable Pokémon with both girls and boys. I highly doubt little boys actually care if Ash catches a Pokémon like Gardevoir or Hatterene since I’m sure quite a few of them probably caught them for their game team. But I shouldn’t waste my time because we gone back and forth with you on this topic for years.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I don't think they don't know what they should do with Ash, I think they just made a bad decision. I assume once he gets closer to 100-50ish the battles will get much more numerous and that's why now they don't show too many battles.

I hope I'm not wrong. It's a dumb choice but it could be made up for with amazing battles in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.