• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Btw during the end of the episode I noticed Go's Cubone was wearing a flower on it's skull, so this means Cubone is female.

Well spotted, I'll probably stick with that interpretation unless the show tells us otherwise.

I really hope only Ash catches Kubfu. The other urshifu form can showcased by the old guy

Ash, Bea, Leon, and Mustard. I'd probably prefer if the 2 forms went to any of these 4 characters, though Ash has Lucario so Bea would actually be my first pick.

Goh can catch a Toxel, then Klara or Piers can show off the other form.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Who is the more popular urshifu form?

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Wow the salt, it's like throwback to Iris catch a fully evolved pseudo legendary before ash in BW
Anyways if goh could catch suicune maybe this is the sign that ash gonna win against elite four?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Single strike is used more frequently in competitive play, so I'd go with that one.
Quite ironic if I say so myself as people originally thought it'd be a disaster due to the Dark/Fighting factor and that Rapid Strike would be better due to not being Dark and Fighting.

Weeks if not months later.....

Single Strike has been heavily used instead.

Mew29240

Quite ironic if I say so myself as people originally thought it'd be a disaster due to the Dark/Fighting factor and that Rapid Strike would be better due to not being Dark and Fighting.

Weeks if not months later.....

Single Strike has been heavily used instead.

I thought the same (especially with that 4x Fairy weakness), but its STAB coverage over rapid being that relevant over the commonly-used mons wasn't something I considered.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Dark and Fighting is an excellent offensive typing. The type that is supposed to wall it (fairy), is dealt with Banded Poison Jab.

Another big reason is how much the singles (I don't know much about VGC) current tier punished contact moves. While initially it was to prevent U turn spam by Cinderace, people realised just how much abilities like Static and Flame Body on Zapdos and Moltres are useful. This was further aided by Heavy Duty Boots allowing them to switch in multiple times.

Single Strike only has to worry about doing contact once, Rapid Strike however has to hit three times with it's most 'spammable' move which is water type, and resisted by Ferrothorn and Toxapex. Both of which have viable sets with Rocky Helmet and abuse Rapid S so bad it's not even funny. As mentioned earlier, getting walled by Toxapex in OU is quite possibly a big red cross on your viability. All of which Single Strike DGAF about and any mon expect for Buzzwole (who was OU for the sole purpose of countering Urshifu SS) is most probably dying against it.

Single S also has a much stronger priority in Sucker Punch opposed to Rapid S's Aqua Jet which sits at a measly 40 base power. Single S has much less to fear when it comes to revenge killing.

So yeah, the singles scene loves Urshifu SS.

EDIT :- Dark/Fighting with Poison Coverage is heat now. Pangoro is also being tested in lower tiers because of it's coverage of Close Combat, Knock Off and Gunk Shot. The fairy weakness a lot less when you can fire of banded Gunk Shots.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Dragapult probably means Leon is returning soon

We all knew Grookey was coming

Snom and Polteageist are the Wild Cards tho because we don't how or when they'll show up.

Snom I'm betting will be caught by Chloe since the writer's love giving the girls cutesy marketable Pokémon and Snom fits that description to a TEE

Polteageist could go to anyone tho. Heck it could possibly even be a hint at Allister's debut

Okay, I know I'm getting off topic from the Urishifu discussion...But with how many Pokemon Gou has caught, and how often some of them randomly appear in episodes to the point where we never know what Pokemon he has on him...

I still want my wish of seeing at least a glimpse of Ash's previous Pokemon fulfilled. And I don't want to see the argument that these little kids won't know about Ash's Pokemon... I can't even remember every Pokemon Gou has caught at this point o_O:eek:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Dragapult probably means Leon is returning soon

We all knew Grookey was coming

Snom and Polteageist are the Wild Cards tho because we don't how or when they'll show up.

Snom I'm betting will be caught by Chloe since the writer's love giving the girls cutesy marketable Pokémon and Snom fits that description to a TEE

Polteageist could go to anyone tho. Heck it could possibly even be a hint at Allister's debut
We can't exactly determine that it'll be the case as these merch doesn't usually mean much to say the least.

Sword master zacian

Off topic
I wonder if goh will get himself a meltan/melmetal too
Since the first poster of journeys had a meltan in it meaning we will be getting a metan focus episode too

Status
Not open for further replies.