• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Honestly with how little time ash and his pokemons actually get in the series, i’d rather have his pokemon count low.

They’re barely relevant as is, that adding more would just makes things worse. It’ll be even worse if they bring back his reserves later on.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Dang. Am I the only one who wants ash to get more than what he has right now? Two Gen 8 Pokémon (one of which is a form/regional Evo) doesn’t cut it for me!
Well no. And I'm actually expecting more coming soon for him, just seems to be the more realistic scenario.

Sword master zacian

I am personally hoping Ash doesn't catch anything else/ only captures a couple pokemon.

I would rather see his current team overcome a variety of different opponents and bond with each other.
That wouldn't happen untill writers decide to do pwc onscreen but they don't have time for that since there are lot of fillers left for them to show which are more impotant to them

Mew29240

I am personally hoping Ash doesn't catch anything else/ only captures a couple pokemon.

I would rather see his current team overcome a variety of different opponents and bond with each other.

Same. I really don't get why people want him to get more Pokemon when they're already having a hard time juggling screentime for the ones he currently has.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
Theres no reason to expect Ash gets anything else in Journeys.

He already has his 6 and he's barely done anything with them outside Lucario and sometimes Farfetch'd.

Unless Dracovish sits at the lab
Only for Goh to 1000000 focus episodes for himself and to see Ash rot.

Thanks for bearing me but I quit.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Dang. Am I the only one who wants ash to get more than what he has right now? Two Gen 8 Pokémon (one of which is a form/regional Evo) doesn’t cut it for me!

It's not like I wouldn't be happy to see him with more, but the current team lacks development.

Different people have different expectations/ hopes for Ash's development. I think that his team should be more about quality and overcoming type disadvantages. Ash thinking on his feet and coming up with good strategies.

Because full battles are a team event, I want to see his current roster bond with one another, so that we can get more moments like Riolu carrying Pikachu off of the dojo ring.

The more pokemon Ash gets, the fewer fights that each one has overall. I would rather not have certain team members having to sit out of important battles in the future. Especially when this is their first and maybe last series on the team.

Hopefully we get more PWC focus in the coming arcs with Gary and Iris returning. It would be nice if Ash's other pokemon end up with rivals as well.

aipomadvanceshipper

When has legendary Pokémon in the anime become so weak? They used to be mystic, hard to find and have amazing power now anyone can have a legendary it so easy to take down. Like Tobias Pokémon were hard to take down no trainer but ash has defeated two of his Pokémon. Now it’s just easier to get with raid battles. I mean I get why go is getting a lot of attention he’s popular and likeable I find his goal still boring but ash I would like something different his battles are mostly shown off screen. I just miss him being more involved
He needs to work with his other Pokémon, dragonite would be a good start to use for more battles, Farfetch’d needs more development. Gengar has so much potential it would also be nice for him to add some Pokémon to the lab and rotate

Sword master zacian

Theres no reason to expect Ash gets anything else in Journeys.

He already has his 6 and he's barely done anything with them outside Lucario and sometimes Farfetch'd.

Unless Dracovish sits at the lab
The reason could of ash's mon not getting development can also be ash becoming side character since episode 30 he has only gotten 3 with 1 upcoming episode focus

aipomadvanceshipper

The reason could of ash's mon not getting development can also be ash becoming side character since episode ep 30 he has only gotten 3 with 1 upcoming episode focus since ep 30
I’m worried for the iris and Gary episode if ash battles either one of them is his team enough? Unless they let go and Gary bond over research and maybe ash might be training.

Mew29240

I’m worried for the iris and Gary episode if ash battles either one of them is his team enough? Unless they let go and Gary bond over research and maybe ash might be training.

I wouldn't worry about his team's power level. The fact that they let him shoot up to the lower 300's in the PWC ranking means that his Pokemon can theoretically handle anything Iris/Gary can throw at them through sheer off-screen battling/training.

Master Pikachu 11

I know it's hard, but I wish Ash would catch his Galarian Articuno. Ash has no psychic pokemon, either. Also the psychic flying combination is very cool.
He has Mimey, but yeah I would like another psychic type that he will use often
May be he will catch Mew after all lol
Yes he will
Urshifu for both Ash and Goh seems inevitable now...
Since Goh got one of my favorite legendaries in Suicune, I still think Urshifu makes the most sense for Ash to get and I hope he gets Rapid Strike
Forget Urshifu. If they're actually allowed to keep legendries then give them Zacian and Zamazenta. They sealed away Eternatus they have nothing to do in Galar now
I can see it happen towards the end of the series

aipomadvanceshipper

I wouldn't worry about his team's power level. The fact that they let him shoot up to the lower 300's in the PWC ranking means that his Pokemon can theoretically handle anything Iris/Gary can throw at them through sheer off-screen battling/training.
Idk iris dragonite is really strong and every almost every battle ash has with Gary he loses. I just want ash to show Gary what a great trainer he is. Like the loss after he won the battle frontier i was disappointed

Mew29240

Idk iris dragonite is really strong and every almost every battle ash has with Gary he loses. I just want ash to show Gary what a great trainer he is. Like the loss after he won the battle frontier i was disappointed

It really does depend on what they plan on doing with the characters. For example, if they want Gary to be Ash's rival again, then the fact is that Gary needs to beat him at least once to show that he's a threat.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Ash's next capture should be Dunsparce that just happens to be Mew in disguise. Aura plot with Lucario and Mew like the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.