• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Dawn or Ash with shiny Shinx, please. Goh can keep the normal one
I doubt Ash would catch any Electric Pokemon (not counting Rotom Dex/Rotom Phone).
Allowing a non-Electric type to learn an Electric move is already too much for the Writers, considering they only allowed it on 2 of his Pokemon yet (one of them didn't even properly use it, while the other one only stayed in the team for like 6 episodes), and both of them appeared in the same Saga.

Ragnarok4

# 1 Kairyu Fan
This is technically why I often label this fandom as laughably hypocritical when they criticize lack of Ash focus.
Stop pretending that this fandom is made up of the same people

The same people who were complaining about the absolute focus on ash are not the same people who are now complaining about the focus on Goh. In addition, a balance is always important.

This is a very varied fandom. Republicans don't think the same as Democrats, and that's not why the entire United States contradicts itself ...

ShadowForce720

I doubt Ash would catch any Electric Pokemon (not counting Rotom Dex/Rotom Phone).
Allowing a non-Electric type to learn an Electric move is already too much for the Writers, considering they only allowed it on 2 of his Pokemon yet (one of them didn't even properly use it, while the other one only stayed in the team for like 6 episodes), and both of them appeared in the same Saga.
Considering that people use to say the same thing about the idea of Ash having a non Electric type Pokémon know an Electric type move, saying that it would somehow be too much for Ash to one of Ash’s non electric type Pokémon to know an Electric type move while he gets another Electric type Pokémon doesn’t really mean much.

Is it guaranteed that Ash will get another Electric type Pokémon during this series? No of course not, however considering the fact that this series has shown that it has no problems breaking patterns that some people were confident wouldn’t be broken, it means that Ash does have a chance of getting another Electric type Pokémon.

Heck if anything the fact that Ash had 2 non Electric type Pokémon that knew an Electric type move on top of the move being Thunderbolt would imply that the writers and people in charge of the anime are getting more comfortable with the idea of Ash getting another Electric type Pokémon.

Decidueye23

We had en episode where ASH did not even appear. The first time in the Anime's entire history. So i guess for what its worth they arent afraid to break trends. If they want ti give Ash another elec type they ll do it. I am hoping they'll go the toxtricity route, maybe even give him the lowkey form si that it doesnt co tradict with Pika's colors and focus on the poison typing as well.