• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yeah I played Pokémon X yesterday, false swiped Mewtwo to 1 health multiple times yet it didn't get in my ball. After 30 times it fainted.
Call it luck or whatever!!!
So we miserable people have no right to criticize the character who one balls legendaries.

At least you admit to being miserable. I hope you can get some help. :(

I played Pokémon Go today. Caught a Ho-Oh in a Pokéball first try.

Even ignoring the fact that Suicune let itself get caught to get out of a tough spot, wanted to part ways with Goh immediately, but during a series of events, they bonded - and refused to be released afterwards.

All that considered, yes. You don't have the right to criticize Goh for this capture as it wasn't just 'I throw a ball and I'll get it'-type deals. It was an: "Oh snap, this pokémon is in danger and we don't have any options.. what if I.. well.. couldn't hurt to try.."-deal with the pokémon in question likely seeing it as the logical way out as well.

If Suicune wasn't in the process of being poached, it wouldn't have let itself get caught. I don't get why people are so blind to this - and instead are criticizing a character for it. That salt.

He is connected to the Japanese fandom and is reliable for stuff like this, just like we can give a good view on what the western fandom thinks, he can give a good view on the Japanese fandom

Honestly, no. We can't give a good view on what the western fandom thinks. Yes, this is a big forum, but have you noticed how there's a just a few people here actually discussing things. If you think maybe 2 dozen posters equal a fandom, then I'm going to say that you're wrong. If you think that a SINGLE person can be a source for the state of being for an entire country. Then no.

There's also the fact that people that aren't happy tend to post more then people that are fine with the current state of things. Just a personal example, what do you think happens when you order a game and when you get the game it happens to be faulty. These things happen, there'll always be that small percentage that's faulty. What are you going to do? You're going to call/tweet/message/email the store you bought it from and will try to get a working copy of the product you bought since that's what you're entitled to.

So what do people see? An unhappy customer that had the 1 in 10.000 faulty game. Now how many satisfied customers do you think will do the same? Literally none. Maybe the odd one if he gets tagged in a message or something and that would only be in a response: "well, I had no trouble with my copy". The odd chance of finding a person that will message a store with a remark like: "Hey guys, I received my game, it works, thanks!" is literally zero. Why? Because people paid for the product and since they paid, they feel that they've simply gotten what they paid for. So no need for extra compliments or anything.

My point: You can have a thousand angry people on Twitter, but that likely means that there's still a couple of million that are fine with everything they see. People that are upset on Twitter is what we call a vocal minority.

My theory and predict is this:

I don't know when the grookey will appear, but when it does, Toxel will also appear soon.

Someone is Grookey, someone will buy Toxel from Ash and Goh.

Ash has no pokemon to evolve. Farfetch will likely evolve within 4-5 episodes.

I hope they give Ash Toxel to Goh as well as Grokey. Toxtricty reminds me of Greninja.

They'll probably give Goh Toxel just because it reminds me of Greninja.

Because Intellion also reminds Greninja in general.

I think they didn't give it to Ash because the intellion looked like Greninja.

So I think it's more likely they'll give Ash Grookey. But as I wrote before, if Ash is going to get a starter, it must be Torchic/Blaziken. Not grookey.

Okay, so if I get this straight:
- Ash won't get Toxtricity, because Greninja and Toxtricity are too much alike.
- They'll probably give it to Goh.
- Intelleon reminds you of Greninja.

But if resembling Greninja means it can't go to one trainer, then why can it go to the other trainer that will probably end up with the other pokémon that resembles Greninja???

I mean, unless you think that Sobble won't evolve into Intelleon, then Goh shouldn't be getting Toxel either.

I think Blaziken is one of the 3 most powerful starter fire type pokemons along with Infernape and Charizard.

Ash needs a fire type right now. Gen 8's fire pokemons aren't very good,Ash's fire types have always been good.

I think. Cinderace is a great pokemon in my opinion, but they gave it to Goh.

I don't think they'll give Ash the same. I think Gen 8's best starter is Cinderace.

Rillabloom is good but not so good.

Blaziken is one of the pokemons that best matches Ash in anime history. Lucario perfectly matched Ash with him finally they gave.

Blaziken is the pokemon that Ash deserves, with its sheer variety of attack, speed and iconic pokemon.

If Ash is not going to get pseudo legend or legend, I would love to get Blaziken.

Ash needs a Fire-type right now: No. He needed a Grass-type in Kalos and a Water-type in Alola. Look what happened.
Gen8's Fire-types aren't very good: Tell that to Steam Engine Coalossal.
Apparently the animéstaff thought that Sceptile was a better fit.
Also, if they think that Dracovish is a good fit, then they can make most things work.
He's got a DRAGONITE already. Please pay attention!

BobbbidyBob

I do miss TR having more personality and having their own Pokemon which they bond with and grow alongside. James was always shown to be a loving trainer and whilst he wasn't the best trainer in general, he did nothing but adore his Pokemon and try his hardest with them..

Stuff like that was why I loved TR..
Dude. Yas! Dub Meowth is my fave but James is such an apple pie with cream and ice cream vanilla. Jessie on the other hand.,,,,,

esquilo09

I don't care who's catching Grookey anymore, the only thing I care is for either catch a Weavile.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
H
I really want Goh or perhaps Chloe to catch Grookey now because....
I love watching the salt tsunami that will follow :p
People r getting used to a legendary being caught so it wont b any more than that for a grookey. Goh is getting a grookey cuz he is "the" protagonist(not same as ash in pj) but people will toss over it and would think ash m8 get rookidee

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
The more I say people to pray for Ash to get Grookey, the more they say he won't.

You guys have no heart!!! (crying)
Now I wish Goh's Sobble never evolves.

Morax

King of heroes
The fact that writers made it for 24 years shows their creativity
NO. The anime was stagnant for 24 years, that's literally the opposite of creativity.
Ofcourse people watch it even now....why?
Isnt it creativity?
They watch it cuz of nostalgia and stockholm syndrome. pokemon was a huge part of your childhood so of course it'll have a special place in your heart. The quality of writing has always been subpar.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I wouldn't bother, people are quick to try and debunk the scene in the opening out of pure desperation to see Sobble evolve. I personally think that in this instance, the opening is to be trusted, however the majority here will use past examples to shoot it down, mostly because they want their Drizzle..
Dude it's a speculation thread.

Even if it turns out wrong, it doesn't mean people are just trying to shoot examples down. OP's have never been 100% accurate anyways.

Even the current OP shows Gou and Cinderace beaten by Suicune, Entei and Raikou which didn't happen in the Episode itself.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Dude it's a speculation thread.

Even if it turns out wrong, it doesn't mean people are just trying to shoot examples down. OP's have never been 100% accurate anyways.

Even the current OP shows Gou and Cinderace beaten by Suicune, Entei and Raikou which didn't happen in the Episode itself.
I don't see the link between a symbolic showing of the legendary beasts facing Goh and a scene of Grookey meeting Sobble and Pikachu. The theme of those scenes couldn't be more different..

BlazingAsh

I still can't see them doing that, especially considering that Galar won't be the new hot region anymore if Sinnoh remakes happen.
They did the darkest day arc a year after SWSH. They don't seem to be trying to add things in the anime to match with the time of release of the games anymore.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
NO. The anime was stagnant for 24 years, that's literally the opposite of creativity.

They watch it cuz of nostalgia and stockholm syndrome. pokemon was a huge part of your childhood so of course it'll have a special place in your heart. The quality of writing has always been subpar.
Fine whatever way u think!

Locormus

Dude, I am literally confused cuz you write so long.
By the way, you seem to be comparing mainline game captures to some Pokemon Go raids where you can team up .
See I don't know if you are new to the game, but you can't capture Legendaries in Pokemon unless you defeat the Raid Boss with your allies with high CP Pokémon. If you manage to faint it, you get like 15 luxury balls and you can be sure to get them ( unless you are too miserable).

Okay, so you rather just mention that you can't comprehend well-written English sentences then trying to actually respond to them.

Factually wrong.
1. There are other ways to capture Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Go. One is through raids (and you get Premier Balls, not Luxury Balls). The other ways you can capture a Legendary Pokémon are as a reward for Pvp and as rewards from timed Researches. Which was how I caught the Ho-Oh, since it is a reward for completing the Team Go Rocket-storyline atm.

Returning back to my main point:
2. I might be drawing a link between capture mechanics in two games of the same franchise (you can transfer Go-caught Pokémon to Home, so it's not really a side game anymore), but honestly, the one I mentioned is a bit more relevant to the character origin of the character Goh. You're comparing mainline game captures to an animé context (which is not wise to begin with), meanwhile ignoring every bit of subtext and reducing the situation to: "He threw one ball and he caught it! We should criticize/hate him for that!". That's not how having the right to criticize anything works.

Example: I can say I hate rich people, lets say.. I don't know.. a footballer like Lionel Messi or Ronald. They have more money then me, aren't we allowed to criticize them because they make more money per day then I do in a couple of years? In a fit, we can probably say that, but in reality if we look at the context and the subtext, we kinda can't. Because we need to look at their life choices, what brought them to where they are now, how much effort they have put in their careers (compared to ourselves) and who helped them (sponsors/managers) and such and then we can understand the situation and see that it might not be logical that they make SO much money in a day, but we can understand how they've come to that point so that they can make so much money, especially compared to ourselves (basic wages). We are not allowed to criticize them because they make more money then us, in fact, we might have to look the other way around and be critical of why we aren't in a similar position. What we might criticize them for is what they might do with said money, but even then, that really isn't our call to make as they earned the right to spend it however they wish. And even then, most of these rich people donate a lot of money on charity causes. And that's context/subtext. If you choose to ignore those, then you're not allowed to make 'critical' claims.

3. I'm perfectly fine in my private life, but the amount of whiners that seem to have flooded these forums are insufferable.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Day 7:

“The Suicune Tragedy”, as they call it is still the only thing people whine—sorry, talk, about. We all anxiously await Grookey, though I fear it could only cause more tantrums amongst the community.

Arceus save us all...
Seems to be more people complaining about others having issue with the episode than people complaining about the episode but that’s just me.

Locormus

They did the darkest day arc a year after SWSH. They don't seem to be trying to add things in the anime to match with the time of release of the games anymore.

They did the Spear Pillar-event in year four of DP. Your point being?

I mean by all means going into that storyline at the point which they did in this series was ridiculous. They kinda did a Goodra on Scorbunny to fit it in.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The amount of horsecrap regarding Go catching Suicune is literally unbearable and needs to piss off. The ep and the capture wasn't even that bad anyways, it's not even rotting in the lab. It's still roaming the world. Criticism of that whole crap is fine but most of the so called criticism being spouted is not even criticism. It's just petty whining over hating Go as a character. Go is a boring character yes but over half of the criticism towards him nowadays can't even be called or even taken seriously as criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.