• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Also the anniversaries that end with 0 are practically always bigger deals then anniversaries that end with 5.
Practically always, indeed. There's generally one exception to this rule, and it's a huge exception. And that exception is 25th anniversaries. 25th anniversaries are huge deals. It's the "silver" anniversary.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
he's never gone with only the regional fire starter either where as in hoenn he only had treecko, and froakie in kalos.

at this point I honestly feel that when it comes to fire/water/grass, instead of capturing something new from those types he should just use his reserves, but that's just my opinion, if the were to give him something of those elements though i hope it's something we least expect to keep up the surprise factor when it comes to his captures.
I've given up any hope of Ash ever using his reserve Pokemon at this point... Charizard was a marketing ploy in Best Wishes, moreso than usual for Ash returning a team member.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I
Can the whining stop already geez it's too much, take a chill pill man stop regurgitating the same negative points over and over again jeez

If SM is disappointing, man would I love for Journeys to become disappointing at this rate :p
Also just because ash's design in SM wasn't good doesn't mean the artstyle of SM is bad, heck that artstyle allowed some of the most fluid animation the series has ever seen
EuDitBUXcAooxqf

Grookey seems to be interested in Gou but let's not go jumping to conclusions yet
Whats wrong with their faces? Derpy

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's likely an abandonment plot. They find the trainer and that trainer says they don't want the thing. Bam, new cast Pokemon..

if that's the case then i want Goh to take it even more, we don't need Ash having two abandoned pokemon in one series.

and yes i'm aware someone's going to bring up BW, but again Snivy left her initial trainer of her own volition so that's not getting abandoned.

nuzamaki90

I need the writers to give Ash’s Pokémon some type of spotlight. I know we are getting Farfetch’d focus next week but man the lack of screen time for Ash’s Pokémon is more noticeable than ever. The only times you really see them anymore is in the opening lol. We don’t even see Lucario anymore.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The subject I am curious about is this.

Should Ash get a new badge if he ever wants to get into Kanto league again. Or will the badges collected to enter the Kanto league always have validity?

Once Pwc is over, he can try Ash Kanto league again if he doesn't need to collect badges again.

Knowing him, Ash would probably challenge them again specially since there's been changes.

He can get legit matches against Misty, Erika, and Sabrina.

He can face the newer gym leaders Forrest, Janine, and whoever runs the Viridian Gym now.

He can get rematches against Lt. Surge and Blaine.

As for the actual rules, I'm sure each badge has some kind of serial number equivalent that makes them usable once. If it's anything similar to Contest Ribbons, they can last for years as long as you haven't registered them for the grand competition as seen with Johana's old rival in DP. So that means Ash would have to collect them again. Although... I can't see this situation really happen. The only exception is if they make a new game that takes place in Kanto that doesn't follow the old formula and could potentially use different gyms and have newer towns and cities.

For example, Ghost and Dragon would make more sense now to be Gym types instead of Elite Four as there is only one Kanto line for those Pokémon. It would be interesting if they have a Ghost-type Gym in Lavender Town for example or even a Steel type gym that uses the Magnemite line and imported the Alolan Sandshrew line as well. They could actually do a Dark-type gym in Kanto now by importing the Alolan Ratatta, Meowth and Muk lines.

But I got carried away. Short Answer: I think he would have to challenge them again if he wanted another chance in the Indigo League. But I don't think he would do that in the current state of Kanto in the games.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I've given up any hope of Ash ever using his reserve Pokemon at this point... Charizard was a marketing ploy in Best Wishes, moreso than usual for Ash returning a team member.

i'm not because i feel that he shouldn't need them until he gets into the ultra tier.

but hey agree to disagree, such is the way of the forums.

BlazingAsh

I'll be glad if Ash doesn't catch Grookey. I feel a lot of more deserving Pokemon don't get their due in the anime because Ash's team is mostly taken up by starters, the bird and Pikachu. It's nice to see Ash filling his team up with more interesting Pokemon than the overrated & overhyped starters. Personally I would have loved for Ash to have Pokemon-like Passimian/Oranguru, Salazzle, Aurorus, Pyroar etc in the previous regions.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'll be glad if Ash doesn't catch Grookey. I feel a lot of more deserving Pokemon don't get their due in the anime because Ash's team is mostly taken up by starters, the bird and Pikachu. It's nice to see Ash filling his team up with more interesting Pokemon than the overrated & overhyped starters.
Yes, he filled it with Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario, who are arguably just as overrated and overhyped, if not more so! And by filling half his team with old Pokemon we've seen a million times already, it means Galar gets far less rep than the other regions! ...Why is this better than the status quo again?

Status
Not open for further replies.