• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Guys remember when Ash became Ashley and killed Pokémania (which almost ended the entire franchise)?

Pikachu111213

Traveler
But could can we trust grookey images
Here’s how I view it:

It points to Go getting Grookey. Does that mean Go is getting Grookey? No. Just while it was 50-50 (in my eyes at least). I’d say it’s more like 70-30 in Go’s favor. That said, March 12 will be here before you know it (especially since we will have Sinnoh remake announcements before then) We shouldn’t have to wait much longer.

not that Grookey will definitely be caught then. I imagine it’ll be later. But we will see who he bonds with

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I think the problem with this debate is that people are thinking that "feminine" and "girly" are the same when they're different. Since we're talking Pokemon, feminine would mean that a Pokemon looks like a female either because of its looks or its gender being confirmed female. Girly in Pokemon's context would generally mean overly pink and... well, just plain girly looking. I'll use examples of feminine Pokemon with ones that Ash has/had and possible captures for him in the future, which are Butterfree, Lapras, Bayleef, Unfezant, Snivy, Leavanny, and Pokemon he could get are Kangaskhan, Espeon, and Latias. I don't see an issue with Ash having or getting feminine Pokemon, but if we want to live in reality, they're more than likely not giving him anything girly like Sylveon, Alcremie, Hatterene, and G-Rapidash (except MAYBE Clefairy or Clefable as a reference to it being the original choice for the series mascot).

Hate to break it to you, but the only semantic difference between 'feminine' and 'girly' is a distinction in age with regards to 'girly' pertaining to young females, other then that they mean exactly the same: 'having qualities that are traditionally ascribed to the female gender'.

Someone being 'feminine' because her gender is confirmed 'female' is ridiculous, because there's plenty of women that wouldn't describe themselves as very feminine at all.

Being feminine in the broad sense of the word doesn't have anything to do with the gender, but with the way a person (or Pokémon in this case) behaves. You can have very masculine females or you can have feminine males and sometimes these qualities can change based upon the situation. But in general, I think these boxes are outdated.

The idea that 'pink' equates to 'girly' is kind of outdated as well.

Let me go through your list:
- Butterfree: Butterflies are feminine? Why? This is a stereotype. Nothing screams excessively to one gender or another.
- Lapras: Lapras isn't feminine. It's asexual in design and behaves like a general child (which in this point in the show it was).
- Bayleef: Bayleef isn't a feminine design, but Ash's does behave feminine.
- Unfezant: Ash's Unfezant is a female. But, I haven't seen anything from her that would say that she behaves very feminine though.
- Snivy: The design isn't very gender-specific (like Braixen for instance), but Ash's did behave feminine.
- Leavanny: The design isn't gender-specific, but the dex entry nudges toward a caring nature, which people infer as 'feminine', which is a stereotype. Ash's Leavanny doesn't behave very feminine at all. It's just caring and friendly.

- Kangaskhan are 100% female and are the representation of parenthood. That doesn't mean that there can't be masculine Kangaskhan though.
- Espeon: This isn't a gender-specific design. It just happens to have a pink body. That doesn't make it feminine, that just makes it pink.
- Latias: It's gender-set legendary, but then again - that doesn't mean it can't behave either feminine or masculine, but personally, it does always strike me as one where they play it 'straight'.

So yeah, conclusion, yeah.. I think all these terms are outdated. There's no problem with Ash hypothetically catching a Pheromosa over a Buzzwole in my eyes - nor should there be.*

*Just wanted to note that I don't see Ash capturing either of the two at the moment though.

When Iris returns I want Excadrill back too because I love him and he’s badass

Heck yeah. I always liked that they gave Iris one of these. In my headcanon, it fit her dragon-motif since it's Japanese name is Doryuzu, with Ryu being the Japanese word for dragon. To make my head canon work, Emolga had Hidden Power Dragon.. and she probably caught a Mareep in Johto since Ampharos is called Denryu.. Which honestly gives her quite a cool team:
- Excadrill
- Axew -> Haxorus
- Emolga
- Dragonite
- Gible -> Garchomp
- Ampharos <> Mega Ampharos

Quite weak to Ice, but that's kind of inherent if you're training dragon-types.

XD but still, Why did Ash dress as Ashley?

Because he felt like it (he actually didn't, but okay).

Well this is interesting but... let's go back on-topic about Pokémon Speculation

I think it had something to do with gender being a limitation for possible new captures for Ash, so while it was tangential, I get why someone might have brought it up.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What moves could Grookey have?

I think there's a lot of ways they could run Grookey. I think the best moveset would be:
- Rest
- Snore
- Protect
- Focus Energy

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I want a new ending, the current one is SO boring!

Me too. Bonus points if it's a Goh song by Daiki Yamashita. I really want one of those for the sake of tradition.

kickachu

Momentai!
think we'll get another episode episode hopefully explaining more of grookey and what if it's the recurring Pokemon this year

Status
Not open for further replies.