• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingAsh

It's interesting they created a separate type for Dragons whereas looking at mythology, they should all be just fire types like Charizard. I can kind of understand they would do that because there are many different types of dragons. But there were many different species of dinosaurs and other animals as well.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
No, they're not even closely related. And they're very much distinguishable. Aardvark has a pig-like nose and has long ears while Anteater has a long pointier nose with smaller nostrils and quite small ears. Anteaters are more related to Sloths than Aardvarks.

Just a nitpick but I don't think you need to capitalize animal names.

esquilo09

No, they're not even closely related. And they're very much distinguishable. Aardvark has a pig-like nose and has long ears while Anteater has a long pointier nose with smaller nostrils and quite small ears. Anteaters are more related to Sloths than Aardvarks.
You got the words out of my mouth. I also want a Pokémon based on a Kiwi....the bird, not the fruit and one based on a Kakapo.

R41da5a3e4d835af250cb11f1bdf668c5

kiwi-bird-not-going-extinct.jpg

AsH KetcHHup

I mean, if they can place a Lion in France and a Koala in Hawaii (Not to speak about a Zebra in the US), they can literally put a Cheetah in anywhere.
There may be some exceptions, I don't know. Animals are based not only on suitable habitats but also tradition and history as well as basically anything somewhat interesting that's related to the place. In America, I think some people actually own zebras but I really have no clue : I'm not American. Lions used to part of Europe but apparently went into extinction because the Greeks and Romans loved hunting. I have no clue about the Koala.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I also want a Pokémon based on a Wolverine....the animal, not the super hero with the same name. And one based on an Aardvark.
Wolverine.jpg

Typhlosion is based on a Wolverine.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Does a Typhlosion even have claws?

It used to get Shadow Claw and Crush Claw, so... yes.

Now I really want a moose pokémon...

We will all speculate it to be the evolved form of Stantler and it will end up not being the case and would then go to underperform and eventually be forgotten..

Looking at you Bouffalant and Alomomola...

dman_dustin

Wow, apparently capture speculation has gotten so stale that its now about what animals you want.

To relate it to the thread, Ash with a bear Pokemon would be nice, not Kubfu/Urshifu but more like Ursaring/Beartic but something new new, or maybe a Sinnohan form.

Illusio

No words, only rage
It's interesting they created a separate type for Dragons whereas looking at mythology, they should all be just fire types like Charizard. I can kind of understand they would do that because there are many different types of dragons. But there were many different species of dinosaurs and other animals as well.

Dragons used many different elements in mythology. Medieval dragons were fire breathers, but Norse dragons could breathe toxic air, Chinese dragons were associated with water and storms and some had stronger ties to the wind. Fire is the most popular because medieval stories are the most well known to us westerners, but it wasn't the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.