• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Considering that Journeys will end around April 2022, a new anime will begin for 25 years.

It can be linked to anime with dp remake.

He can interact with Sinnoh if Ash goes to a new location near or nearly Sinnoh.

Lucario will be important in such a situation. I think Ash will take Lucario to the new area if he stays.

I thought Journeys might be Ash's final season.

But I think the Dp remake shows they won't retire Ash.
How and why would Journeys end on that specific note: April 2022?

charinija

Pokemon Master
How and why would Journeys end on that specific note: April 2022?
Because April 1, 1997 is the first episode of Pokemon.

I think the new series will start on April 1, 2022. The 25th year may be the first episode of the new anime.April 1, 2022

Normally, I think the journeys would end in November 2022. But they may be early, specific to the 25th year.

AsH KetcHHup

Ash will get his sympathy as we the audience have been travelling with him for 23 years. But it's like another Paul or Kukui situation. Providing a reason as to why the battle is important. Ash had a rival in Paul because of their difference in training Pokemon, hence we were hyped for the match. Ash vs Kukui was an emotional journey for Ash and the audience as we had seen him as a father figure to Ash and that fight was amazing. We need something of that sort to hype up Ash's battle with Leon, and I see that the new Galar Adventures Arc will do that.
Well said but I think the fact that Ash got to fight Leon would make it big enough. Probably include like flashbacks of everyone he's met and battled on his journey. I think that alone will be really emotional.

Morax

King of heroes
Providing a reason as to why the battle is important
Oh so that's what you meant! Only to be clear in the case of paul and kukui ash is the underdog, you're not rooting for his opponent. I think an anti-hero like Alain is what you're looking for. IMO he had better motivations and characterization than both of them.

CMButch

Because April 1, 1997 is the first episode of Pokemon.

I think the new series will start on April 1, 2022. The 25th year may be the first episode of the new anime.April 1, 2022

Normally, I think the journeys would end in November 2022. But they may be early, specific to the 25th year.
That's not how it works,though. New series will start in late 2022 or late 2023.

charinija

Pokemon Master
That's not how it works,though. New series will start in late 2022 or late 2023.

Normally it is, but the 25th year is a special time. It means a quarter of a century.

Of course, I am just saying as a possibility, maybe it will not happen.

However, my expectation is that something special will happen on 1 April 2022.

CMButch

Normally it is, but the 25th year is a special time. It means a quarter of a century.

Probably return of Misty and Brock or Ash catching something special.

charinija

Pokemon Master
The most important thing Ash In has to buy is the legendary pokemon.

I don't mind anyone except Kubfu or Galarian Bird Trios and other legendary pokemon.

He has only 1 myth in his hand for 25 years. Now he needs to buy one of the legendary pokemon. Kubfu is ideal.

If he can't buy legendary pokemon, I think Dragapult is what he should.

Morax

King of heroes

I wonder how long they plan to stretch this anime? Another 50 years? Just give ash closure already...

charinija

Pokemon Master
I wonder how long they plan to stretch this anime? Another 50 years? Just give ash closure already...
If Journeys is not the final series, it will go 1-2 more series at most.

I think the anime will end in 2028 at the latest.

Ash is now a league champion and will now be a more recognized and top 20 in this series.

I don't think we will see an Ash going to the Gyms and catching pokemon for new leagues to fight.

DuskAstral

Also given that we have a Galar Adventures arc with Leon coming up
How can we be sure that this arc will actually take place? Openings should not be trusted 100%, so chances are it's only for opening purposes
another set of fillers and then maybe 3 episodes that feature some Sinnoh Festival like what happened with DP anime during HGSS release.
It seems to me that these remakes will not be released until fall, so we will not experience their promotion in the anime until now
Then after some fillers and battles, we have some weird time travel shenanigan where Ash and Goh, possibly Chloe go to past Sinnoh and promotion of Legends Arceus for 2-3 episodes, and return to present.
I can't imagine promoting this game in "Journeys" (even if Celebi shows up). I think they will rather make it a separate series (like Twilight Wings, Chronicles, etc.) than show it in the main series

Ibrahim Saidu

So hear me out. The present team doesn't have a proper look. Like usually it has to appeal to its target audience. The writers also see how visually it appeals and hence put as many colors as possible for the team to look good. Look at Ash's past teams. All had visually appealing elements. This team although has cool Pokemon when seen individually, as a team it doesn't look great. Also, we only have had less Galar feature. The only Galar promotion we have seen in the series are Ash's Farfetch'd (eventually Sirfetch'd), Ash's Dracovish, Goh's Cinderace line, Sobble, Greedant line, and Arctovish, Chloe's potential Ponyta and Yamper. Lets also include Inteleon, Zacian, Zamazenta, Dragopult and Grapploct as important too. Still we have a whole region's worth of Pokemon left.

Also given that we have a Galar Adventures arc with Leon coming up, we can see more Galar captures for Goh and even Ash. I mean this anime has to promote the Sword and Shield games, they only showed us the Darkest Day arc. So while they move to promoting Sinnoh again, they have to tell stories of Galar.

Here's how I think it goes. After some fillers and maybe Grookey's capture by Goh (can't move on from the fact that Ash won't get it), we will get the Leon adventures arc. The gang will travel along with Leon all over Galar, maybe the DLC regions, have some catches, Ash and Leon develop some bond and building up to their final battle that is the reason why we should root for Leon as much as we root for Ash. Then another set of fillers and then maybe 3 episodes that feature some Sinnoh Festival like what happened with DP anime during HGSS release. We get to have some small arc there and Sinnoh remakes promoted. Then after some fillers and battles, we have some weird time travel shenanigan where Ash and Goh, possibly Chloe go to past Sinnoh and promotion of Legends Arceus for 2-3 episodes, and return to present.

We should be seeing some battles with Galar gym leaders and all, so Galar arc will cover that possibly. Kubfu is a huge stretch, but I believe Rookidee and Snom can join Ash. Snom is a phenomenon and I bet the writers should address it and give it to Ash.

These are my thoughts, I would probably make a video about this.
Pls do the video, I'll be expecting it

IcySealeo

Disagree. While Dracovish so far has been shafted since its capture we use to joke about the same thing with Farfetch'd until it got a arc. The abomination's time will come eventually
That's not the same. Farfetch'd appeared in the 3 episodes after its capture. Also, Farfetch'd was added to the opening when it was changed. We've had a new version of the opening since Dracovish was caught, and yet it doesn't appear in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.