• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

The Absol from that scan probably belongs to Leon, since it is next to Charizard and Dragapult.
If Absol belongs to him I'm glad they are slowly revealing his entire team before his match with Ash

ShadowForce720

If Absol belongs to him I'm glad they are slowly revealing his entire team before his match with Ash
Maybe that means that Leon’s team is going to be composed of 6 Pokémon from 6 different generations.

So for instance if he does wind up having a Absol that would mean he would have Pokémon from gens 1, 3, and 8, which would mean his remaining team members would be from gens 2, 4, 5, 6, and/or 7.

Red and Blue

Of the SWSH Mons it looks like Kubfu and the Tox Twins are popping up the most with Obstagoon following them.
Obstagoon and the Toxricitys tells me we are getting an episode with the Maximizers soon after the break.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Rowlett was meant to - pun intended - kill two birds with one stone since it was a starter and could fill the job of the regional bird. The connection to the Toucannon family was most likely a way to keep the regional bird tradition but this time with a twist. It worked in my opinion as I didn't like Toucannon. Such a downgrade from the awesomeness that was Talonflame.

Either way I feel bad for Pikipek line as it's stuff between two SUPER popular regional birds.
It's a toucan. How can it be a downgrade

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Dawn was not officially considered a co-protagonist, they may have at one point consider making her one at some point however she never officially had that role/status.

Goh is the first main character to have the same status as Ash.
DP was Ash and Dawn's story as the text blurb in the opening says. How doesn't that make her the co-protagonist? It is literally saying the story they showed us was about Ash and Dawn. She was a co-protagonist and the text blurb officially proves that.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
DP was Ash and Dawn's story as the text blurb in the opening says. How doesn't that make her the co-protagonist? It is literally saying the story they showed us was about Ash and Dawn. She was a co-protagonist and the text blurb officially proves that.
Isn't every pokegirl the protagonist of her respective season? like AG was may's story, XY was serena's story etc. I don't see how dawn was any different in that regard.

Kuzehiko

Isn't every pokegirl the protagonist of her respective season? like AG was may's story, XY was serena's story etc. I don't see how dawn was any different in that regard.
No since their stories were officially stated as Ash's not Ash and May's, Ash and Serena's. They're main characters of course. I assume it has a lot to do with the same amount of spotlight that Ash and Dawn got during most of DP, although towards the end of DP Ash had a little more of spotlight though. Also the fact that Dawn was involved with a legendary Pokemon since episode 1 and it had to do with the DP plot.

ShadowForce720

Revealing Leon's team doesn't matter as it is uncertain whether his official fight with Ash will be a 6v6 battle.
While it’s not confirmed that it will be a full 6 vs 6 battle, given how much their building up the battle it will more then likely be a 6 vs 6.

I mean heck even during SM when people were sure that there wasn’t going to be any 6 vs 6 battle and that the exhibition match between Ash and Kukui would be a 1 vs 1, that didn’t stop them from making it a 6 vs 6 battle instead.

There not going to build up Ash vs Leon as the penultimate battle of the series for this generation and then turn around and make it a 1 vs 1 and not have it be a 6 vs 6.

Morax

King of heroes
No since their stories were officially stated as Ash's not Ash and May's, Ash and Serena's
Yes they advertised her as an equal to ash but that's just it. May and Serena were equally relevant in their respective seasons, it's only the way they were promoted that makes the difference. Technically all of them got the same treatment.

dman_dustin

While it’s not confirmed that it will be a full 6 vs 6 battle, given how much their building up the battle it will more then likely be a 6 vs 6.

I mean heck even during SM when people were sure that there wasn’t going to be any 6 vs 6 battle and that the exhibition match between Ash and Kukui would be a 1 vs 1, that didn’t stop them from making it a 6 vs 6 battle instead.

There not going to build up Ash vs Leon as the penultimate battle of the series for this generation and then turn around and make it a 1 vs 1 and not have it be a 6 vs 6.

I'm still unsure how they'll justify it though.

Since most of the master's 8 has been a 1 vs 1, why would they make Ash vs Leon a full battle?

I wish there was some clear reason why they choose 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2, I get from the perspective of "important" characters like gym leaders they would have it be 2 vs 2 but from an in-universe reason it makes no sense.

But why are others only 1 vs 1. I just don't like the random arbitration of the battle format.

Like we can assume Ash will battle Rinto 1 vs 1, but I don't understand why from an in-universe why a character like Rinto only deserves to have a 1 vs 1, whereas Visquez, Korrina, and Bea were all 2 vs 2.

Let alone a full battle with Ash vs Leon.

Edit: I get the writers can do whatever the hell they want, but I think this is something that needs to make sense otherwise it comes off as too unnaturally forced.

Kuzehiko

Yes they advertised her as an equal to ash but that's just it. May and Serena were equally relevant in their respective seasons, it's only the way they were promoted that makes the difference. Technically all of them got the same treatment.
An equal to Ash? That means she is a co protagonist. It's not just it when she's the only one to have gotten advertised apart from Goh. They were relevant sure but Dawn got pretty much the same amount of spotlight that Ash got in DP. They didn't get that treatment. It IS her story unlike May and Serena, plus they didn't get the same focus. Do not misunderstand official data bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.