• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
I'm still unsure how they'll justify it though.

Since most of the master's 8 has been a 1 vs 1, why would they make Ash vs Leon a full battle?

I wish there was some clear reason why they choose 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2, I get from the perspective of "important" characters like gym leaders they would have it be 2 vs 2 but from an in-universe reason it makes no sense.

But why are others only 1 vs 1. I just don't like the random arbitration of the battle format.

Like we can assume Ash will battle Rinto 1 vs 1, but I don't understand why from an in-universe why a character like Rinto only deserves to have a 1 vs 1, whereas Visquez, Korrina, and Bea were all 2 vs 2.

Let alone a full battle with Ash vs Leon.

Edit: I get the writers can do whatever the hell they want, but I think this is something that needs to make sense otherwise it comes off as too unnaturally forced.
I think they didnt have plans how to balance their words of showing every mon and adding ashs battles so they had to cut short some battles to show off more mons also animating max mons m8 b hard so they r 1v1 . Or maybe just laziness

Morax

King of heroes
An equal to Ash? That means she is a co protagonist. It's not just it when she's the only one to have gotten advertised apart from Goh. They were relevant sure but Dawn got pretty much the same amount of spotlight that Ash got in DP. They didn't get that treatment. It IS her story unlike May and Serena, plus they didn't get the same focus. Do not misunderstand official data bruh.
And AG/XY were may and serena's stories.

I don't get why people make a deal out of this "co-protagonist" thing? All of them are relevant in their respective seasons only. May was the heroine of AG, Serena was the heroine of XY and similarly dawn was the heroine of DP. It doesn't matter how much spotlight she get, outside of her generation she was reduced to a side character. When looking at the pokemon anime as a whole, they are all equal. Ash and team rocket are the only "co-protagonists" here.

( Honestly sounds like a "my girl is more important than your girl" thing )

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure

Decidueye23

Honestly even if may was not cited as co protagonist she still got great development. When i think of AG i think of Ash and May. Not just Ash.

And this co-protagonist argument is weird. Okay they are marekting Goh as a co protagonist. Thats great. Goh gets more focus thats great! Both May and Dawn show that to develop another character you dont need to underplay Ash. You can still Write for Ash well, and still develop a new character. Every time someone says Goh gets more screen time someone else replies that they are Co Protagnoists and because Ash has had 1000 episodes so Goh will get more episodes. The problem is not really about how many episodes Ash and Goh get. Its that the Ash episodes seem very underwritten, and Goh has just become so boring at this point. I initially thought his goal can be made interesting. Like going to certain places. Maybe even doing some extra activites inorder to improve or to befried certain pokemon. But meh. His goal has become so boring that now even he seems boring.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
all this talk about the battle with Leon, it could very well be his choice to have a full 6 battle with Ash.

Well if they need someone else for Ash to challenge after beating Leon they could introduce a trainer from Gen 9. Possibly the Champion from that region

I would rather Ash fall short of beating Leon than see something like this go down, because that to me would feel like a tobias situation but even worse since Ash is going even further than he usually does.

if Ash does beat Leon, i would rather he just go into gen 9 defending his title given the structure of the PWC he could keep doing it into future gens, and become a mentor to a new lead who does the gen 9 region's gyms and ends the region by having a battle with Ash.

desdar300

all this talk about the battle with Leon, it could very well be his choice to have a full 6 battle with Ash.

I would rather Ash fall short of beating Leon than see something like this go down, because that to me would feel like a tobias situation but even worse since Ash is going even further than he usually does.

if Ash does beat Leon, i would rather he just go into gen 9 defending his title given the structure of the PWC he could keep doing it into future gens, and become a mentor to a new lead who does the gen 9 region's gyms and ends the region by having a battle with Ash.
Yeah I never really got the idea of a G9 Champion coming out of nowhere.
Especially since we don't even know if they do traditional leagues or not

Status
Not open for further replies.