• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Iris shouldn't be fangirling...she should be calling Ash a kid instead.

Icy-Snowflake

Gen 5 doesn't need Remakes.
Those games are perfect as is

I'd rather they jump to straight to Gen 6 and fix that instead
Gen 6 doesn't need Remakes.

I'd rather they jump to straight to Gen 7 and fix that instead
Gen 5 and 6 and 7 don't need Remakes.

I'd rather they jump straight back to Gen 2 and fix that instead

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Gen 6 remakes, take it or leave it. Worst pokemon games in history coupled with what would’ve been the most god awful Gen with no positives if ORAS didn’t exist.

PsychoLogical

No positives? It brought in mega evolution—easily the fan favorite gimmick
Aside from that. Everything else was nothing but a disaster. Only had ORAS to compromise and prevent Gen 6 from being entirely garbage without any sort positivity.

ShadowForce720

Rowlet is way too popular to evolve. Not even up for debate.
Not really, where no longer in Sun and Moon and there are plenty of Pokémon they can use to market to make up for Ash’s Rowlet evolving.

Especially when they could just have Goh or Chloe catch their own Rowlet while Ash’s winds up evolving.

Heck unlike other series where the Pokémon that were caught by the main cast was stuck to a limited number, the current series doesn’t have such a limitation.

Heck considering how many Pokémon Goh is getting and that Ash has been able to catch some popular past gen Pokémon, it’s very easy to offset Ash’s Rowlet or any of his other Pokémon evolving as their always going to have access to cute small Pokémon to market through Goh.

Last edited:

AsH KetcHHup

Not really, where no longer in Sun and Moon and there are plenty of Pokémon they can use to market to make up for Ash’s Rowlet evolving.

Especially when they could just have Goh or Chloe catch their own Rowlet while Ash’s winds up evolving.
Ash's Rowelt is REALLY popular. Like greeninja popular. Evolving it would cause fandom meltdowns.

ShadowForce720

Ash's Rowelt is REALLY popular. Like greeninja popular. Evolving it would cause fandom meltdowns.
No it wouldn’t, there are plenty of popular Pokémon joining the cast that would easily offset Ash’s Rowlet evolving.

Plus saying that it would cause a meltdown in the fandom doesn’t really mean anything considering that there is always a meltdown in the fandom.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Of course Ash is getting Piplup. His Alolan dad has an Empoleon only appropriate to give him a penguin too.
Alolan Ash's dad is a quite danm good name. I'll call him that from now on.
I still find it kind of hilarious of the fact that excluding Tapu Koko and Kukui’s mysterious 6th Pokémon that if Ash does wind up getting Piplup then he will have almost all of the Pokémon Kukui had on his team except for Braviary.

Sure Ash doesn’t have a Venusaur himself but he does have a Pokémon from the same line as it being Bulbasaur.
Well, Ash does have Unfezant which shares the same typing as Braviary as it's an Unova mon. Close enough
Every time I see an Aipom I can’t help but think about ping pong
Every time I remember of Aipom, I still stand to the idea Ash should have kept his and that trade nonsense should have never happened.

Everyone not named Buizel lost with that.
Unova remakes confirmed!?
I knew that'd start the moment BDSP was revealed.
That means Ash isn't getting it then.

Not necessarily, sure Ash’s Riolu hatched from an egg, but that doesn’t really prevent Ash from getting another Pokémon from the egg.

Sure usually characters only get one Pokémon Egg during a said series however back during the Johto part of OS Ash wound up getting two Pokémon eggs.

The first being Phanpy and the second being Larvitar, now while he never officially caught Larvitar he was the one who was taking care of it.
Well, if they mirrored Kanto Ash having 3 starters with Goh, I wouldn't be surprised if the hypothetical egg ends with the one who didn't won the egg kind of what was done with Togepi where Ash didn't keep it despite being the one who found it.
Gen 5 doesn't need Remakes.

I'd rather they jump to straight to Gen 6 and fix that instead
Gen 6 is good. The only draw for remakes is giving Chespin another chance. And hopefully as Ash's pokémon.
Gen 5 needs BW0 or

Pokemón Legends
"The Original Dragon"
Or as I like to call it:
RamRemRom :p
No positives? It brought in mega evolution—easily the fan favorite gimmick
It gave me Chespin. That alone, makes it the greatest of all. Everything else is an extra

PsychoLogical

It also gave us Fairy Types. One of my favorite Types
Most unbalanced type since Dragon. Ironically it was meant to counter Dragon but instead it took over its spot as the top due to few counters (should’ve made Fire another counter like its original weaknesses)

nickdt

Most unbalanced type since Dragon. Ironically it was meant to counter Dragon but instead it took over its spot as the top due to few counters (should’ve made Fire another counter like its original weaknesses)

Most unbalanced type was and still is Electric. It only has one weakness, as opposed to the other types.

I don't think they wanted to have another type weak to Fire, as Fire at the moment has three types it has advantages over (Grass/Bug/Steel), same as Water (Fire/Ground/Rock) and Grass (Water/Ground/Rock). So its basically a perfect match in terms of advantages for the starter types.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Most unbalanced type was and still is Electric. It only has one weakness, as opposed to the other types.

I don't think they wanted to have another type weak to Fire, as Fire at the moment has three types it has advantages over (Grass/Bug/Steel), same as Water (Fire/Ground/Rock) and Grass (Water/Ground/Rock). So its basically a perfect match in terms of advantages for the starter types.

Fire beats Ice as well.. There goes your theory.

Also, Electric is not unbalanced. It's got one weakness, but how many resists does it have? Just three: Steel, Flying and Electric itself. Using a Flying-type against an Electric-type is dumb and most Electric-types have abilities like Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, etc. Meaning that aside from Steel-types, most neutral match-ups don't worry about resisted hits.

Mega [Old favorites that just couldn't hang in competitive (Mawhile, Beedrill, kangaskhan) were injected with new life], new models that are reused until now and fairy type, Yeah it's definitely a lot better than the gen 8, the definition of disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.