• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Yes, it's insanely popular and the place where they first talked about Dynamax\Gmax before they were talk about by the Ben Affleck leaked of vp.
Have they gotten anything right yet? Could just be a fake that got popular because regional forms and Samurott hate.

esquilo09

To be fair the Pokémon Ash has been getting this series have been having moves that have come as a surprise.

I mean heck Ash’s Dragonite has Dragon Dance and Hurricane, while his Gengar has Psychic and Ice Punch, while his Lucario initially knew Vaccume Wave and still knows Reversal.

And his Sirfetch’d knows/knew Night Slash, Brutal Swing, Fury Cutter, Focus Energy, and Detect.

So Absol having a move that’s not really that common or expected isn’t as unlikely as you might think.
Which moves should Absol have that are not common moves?

desdar300

That didn't answer my question. Even the best leakers get bad information, what makes this one reliable?
I just answered your question.
These are the same cats that have been leaking things out since 2015 but were discovered during the Sun and Moon Fiasco when the Chinese Riddler came to light and accidentally talk about incineroar and co.
From there they went on to show that leaked screenshot Elaine riding Lapras with Eevee on her head.
From what I can remember from there they went on to talk about gigantic Pokemon for Pokemon sword and shield back when the games were still in infancy (around march).
They even talked about bdsp in 2020 before partialbrush leaked it.
I'm probably missing a lot but you get the gist

Illusio

No words, only rage
I just answered your question.
These are the same cats that have been leaking things out since 2015 but were discovered during the Sun and Moon Fiasco when the Chinese Riddler came to light and accidentally talk about incineroar and co.
From there they went on to show that leaked screenshot Elaine riding Lapras with Eevee on her head.
From what I can remember from there they went on to talk about gigantic Pokemon for Pokemon sword and shield back when the games were still in infancy (around march).
They even talked about bdsp in 2020 before partialbrush leaked it.
I'm probably missing a lot but you get the gist
And I repeat: even the best leakers get bad information. The Chinese Leaker was wrong about the SM starters as he implied they had something extra to them that ended up not happening (some sort of scrapped feature), so even he doesn't have a perfect track record.

You can tell me all you like about what they got right before, but that doesn't tell me whether the rumor they're parroting is right now. What makes this rumor believable, not their past one, this one.

Master Pikachu 11

Word on the Chinese street is that the starters for Legends of arceus are going to have new Regional evolutions.
I don't know how that's going to work anime wise if it ends up being true
Idk how I feel about that since I like all of the starters current final evolutions, but I will welcome it if it is true.

ShadowForce720

And I repeat: even the best leakers get bad information. The Chinese Leaker was wrong about the SM starters as he implied they had something extra to them that ended up not happening (some sort of scrapped feature), so even he doesn't have a perfect track record.

You can tell me all you like about what they got right before, but that doesn't tell me whether the rumor they're parroting is right now. What makes this rumor believable, not their past one, this one.
Not sure what you mean by extra as if your talking about the SM starters didn’t have anything extra to them in general, then that is not true as the final evolutions of the SM starters actually had signature Z-moves which would count as something extra.

Although I’m not really seeing something in the Chinese leaks/rumors that talk about something related to the Alolan starters but didn’t actually happen.

I mean it mentions findings the diamonds or the diamonds acting similar to Mega Stones but unlock something else, which that’s not really false as we did get Z-Crystals and you did sort of have to find them, and they were similar to Mega Stones.

I mean we’re there certain elements of that leak that didn’t panned out? Yeah sure, however you seemingly are taking some of the things that were true and claiming them to be false.

Idk how I feel about that since I like all of the starters current final evolutions, but I will welcome it if it is true.
If it does wind up being true I wonder if they would bring back Ash’s Rowlet, Oshawott, or Quilava and evolve which ever one came back to their new final evolution.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
Not sure what you mean by extra as if your talking about the SM starters didn’t have anything extra to them in general, then that is not true as the final evolutions of the SM starters actually had signature Z-moves which would count as something extra.

Although I’m not really seeing something in the Chinese leaks/rumors that talk about something related to the Alolan starters but didn’t actually happen.

I mean it mentions findings the diamonds or the diamonds acting similar to Mega Stones but unlock something else, which that’s not really false as we did get Z-Crystals and you did sort of have to find them, and they were similar to Mega Stones.

I mean we’re there certain elements of that leak that didn’t panned out? Yeah sure, however you seemingly are taking some of the things that were true and claiming them to be false.
Here's what's said in the post:
Basically what I'm saying here is that the Riddler has a great track record and they said that the Secret of the Starters may have been scrapped and that it has nothing to do with moves. If you don't believe me see Here somewhere here on Page 17 he says that the Secret of the Starters may have been scrapped. May have been? You might ask. Well this was before Sun and Moon was released and it is possible they where playing an earlier version of Sun and Moon.

He wasn't talking about Z-Moves as he said that after SM's release, and the Z-Moves were revealed before that. Whatever feature he was talking about wasn't in the game as we got it.

He's not a perfect being and you shouldn't blindly believe everything he says as even he has been given false or outdated info. He could be right and I'll gladly take a pie to the face for it, but I'm going to wait until there's more reason to believe it.

desdar300

You asked me and I told you what I heard believe what you want though.
The only reason I bought it up is because firstly there's not much to talk about and second I wonder how the show would handle starters with alternate evolutions.
EDIT- the secret you're talking about was relating to lycanroc and the starters which it turns out all have signature Z moves.
Lycanroc's dusk form and Z move was found in the Sun and Moon data but didn't make it in until USUM.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oooh guys, what if for Iris' return, we get the return of the Don George tournaments in Unova? It would be the perfect place to also encounter the lesser rivals at once. I miss the four episode tourney format. We wouldn't even need CotDs considering how many characters participated in these things.

Trip, Stephan, Bianca, Georgia, Burgundy could all make appearances, plus we have Ash, Goh, Iris, and maybe Chloe.

Illusio

No words, only rage
The only reason I bought it up is because firstly there's not much to talk about and second I wonder how the show would handle starters with alternate evolutions.
EDIT- the secret you're talking about was relating to lycanroc and the starters which it turns out all have signature Z moves.
Lycanroc's dusk form and Z move was found in the Sun and Moon data but didn't make it in until USUM.
That's fair.

And as I said in the post above, that's not what he was talking about. He was talking about the Starters and outright said he think it was scrapped, and the Z-Moves are in the game so obviously that's not it.

Red and Blue

I don't really have much of an opinion on the rumored new forms since I don't know what they look like. If they are legit and I like the new design I wouldn't mind if either of Ash's Legend starters became it

Last edited:

desdar300

I don't really have much of an opinion on the rumored new forms since I don't know what they look like. If they are legit and I like the new design I wouldn't mind if either of Ash's Legend starters became ot
That's basically why I bought it up just in the sense to see how people think they could be incorporated.
The organic way I guess would be if they decide to let him use a reserve like Rowlet and it just evolved into this new form over the course of a Legends Arc

Romaíos

Wow. Where could we find these leakers?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Regional evolutions would be cool but that's not really the solution to fixing the Johto starters, making a superior version of them lmao
Besides it just seems messed up ignoring Feraligatr, Meganium, Emboar, Serperior, Incineroar, Primarina... sure XY had Mega Blaziken and only Charizard initially had a Gmax form but that stuff got fixed quite quickly.

I guess if it happened Quilava probably stands a good chance at evolving fully to showcase the differences
I'd like for Ash's Oshawott to evolve into the new form if they happen, but Rowlet should become Alolan Decidueye

World Turtle

Word on the Chinese street is that the starters for Legends of arceus are going to have new Regional evolutions.
I don't know how that's going to work anime wise if it ends up being true

Arceus does it. Or some sort of artifact related to him does it.

Be neat to see Ash bring back Oshawott, Quilava, and maybe Rowlet (what with the everstone) for this. Maybe this is why they didn't give Ash any of the Galar Starters? He's bringing back one or more of the LOA Starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.