• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really wasn't so bad. A lot of the hate it gets is exaggerated and everything going on with TR was great. I guess it was the way the series started off. I mean pikachu had just taken out a latios and had now lost to a snivy. Not to mention Ash was an awful trainer. If anyone watched the Elesa gym battle, they would probably immediately understand why a lot of people disliked best wishes.
Heh, I Remember that Elesa Gym battle and Ash Ketchum is an awful trainer in Best wishes? I Guess that these BW writers decided to copy Pokemon Indigo League while it takes a risk but I thought some moments were funny...

and Team Rocket is so competent in that series but I've watched it for Team rocket.

The fact that iris saying "you're such a little kid !" and because she's the ugliest pokegirl in existence ( worse than misty ) triggered my inner waifufag

Come at me bro
While I wasn't a huge fan of Iris but the BW Writers could have kept her truer to the games but I don't think the writers played Pokemon games so much.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So you guys don't want a closure to satoshi-kun?
He doesn't need it. I'm fine with him getting some closed arcs like the regional league campaigns or the Alola vacation/interchange course.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Tbh given how many random time travel episodes we get, it would be nice to get one to the future for once.

Even better now that we have goh, who can be the one to get sent there and meet an older ash without realizing. If they really want to cause a shitstorm, they could make it that goh meets ash’s kid where the parents aren’t revealed until the end of the episode.

Master Pikachu 11

It really wasn't so bad. A lot of the hate it gets is exaggerated and everything going on with TR was great. I guess it was the way the series started off. I mean pikachu had just taken out a latios and had now lost to a snivy. Not to mention Ash was an awful trainer. If anyone watched the Elesa gym battle, they would probably immediately understand why a lot of people disliked best wishes.
Yeah that gym battle was probably one of the worst battles that I ever saw in any series, but another reason that a lot of people didn’t like BW was also the league battle against Cameron that was another reason that many dislike the series, but it did have some moments that were good.

dman_dustin

Tbh given how many random time travel episodes we get, it would be nice to get one to the future for once.

Even better now that we have goh, who can be the one to get sent there and meet an older ash without realizing. If they really want to cause a shitstorm, they could make it that goh meets ash’s kid where the parents aren’t revealed until the end of the episode.

I don't think they want kids questioning why Ash has a harem of wives.

BobbbidyBob

First and foremost: THIS MEANS NOTHING. It's just a banner promoting the shows airing on Friday

kv-pc.png

^ Again, JUST A POSTER, IT MEANS NOTHING. The following is my own speculation:

Paw Patrol stands out as a sore thumb since it's non japanese (though OLM seems to be involved with the dub).

Either way, seeing Ash and Goh so close to Jibanyan and Komasan... Guess it sounds like Pokémon is getting ideas from YW again. The focus spread is even similar with Goh/Jibanyan being the most focused while Ash/Komasan have their own thing even/segment. Bonus points for Koma being older than Jibanyan (age-wise) while Ash's been around for longer than Goh.

I mean, considering how much gen 7 and SM seemed to take from YW, it's not farfetch'd to think like this right?

Come to think of it Shinkalion will be doing a duo as well. With Kamen Rider W getting an anime, is it a new trend?
Ooooo paw patrol

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The fact that iris saying "you're such a little kid !" and because she's the ugliest pokegirl in existence ( worse than misty ) triggered my inner waifufag

Come at me bro
Don't be creepy.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
If I was a character in the anime and it was a choice between Koharu or Iris as a travelling companion I know who I would pick.

Iris.

Koharu would probably be sulking or griping about something every 5 mins while Iris seems like she'd be fun to hang out with so long as her teasing and snark wasn't directed at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.