• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'll never understand the pedestal Greninja gets put on for his relatively lacking battle record. He never carried a team like Charizard did vs Gary or Infernape did vs Paul, he never outright beat Diantha in their training match, his Ash Greninja form was an over glorified pseudo Mega Evolution. Yeah he beat Mega Abomosnow and Mega Sceptile... I'm positive Charizard and Infernape could do that too without Mega Evolution.
We haven't even talked about peak Pikachu either lol
Before the Bond Phenomenon was even a thing, I think a few reasons why Greninja was so popular were because
  1. Most people already liked it either because of its design or its Protean ability in the games
  2. Froakie had a similar personality to Ash’s Treecko
  3. It broke the anime’s “curse” of Ash’s Water types never evolving besides Kingler

Last edited:

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
More Absol and Eiscue merch. New Dreepy and Darkrai+ more of the Galar birds.

EzsWB4FWQAEdv7Y
Again, me hoping that Ash will either get Absol or Eiscue on his team. Eiscue would be another great mon as it is broke like Dracovish. Also Ash using reserves doesn't mean he will not catch any new ones, but narrows the chances. However, since Master class is like 100 ranks away, and he can still fail donwn, he can get new mons.

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
Maybe that can be an arc as well. Ash using the same Pokemon, eventually leads to a person who saw all of this beating Ash so bad, that he has to think of a plan. And he brings his old Pokemon back and makes strategies so good that the opponent wouldn't see it coming. I want this to happen because part of Ash's character is his unpredictability. Using the same pokemon will sooner be predictable by opponents.
Well, let's see if something like this happens. I posted this about a month ago, and I think it can work. Ash gets his a** handed over by Iris and he visits his old pals at lab and starts using them.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
i'm actually kind of disapointed that Charizard is not staying at the valley anymore, because that was a great source of training, that it will apparently no longer have access to.

At this point, it's not no longer necessary in my opinion. Not just Ash became better, he has a lot of stronger pokémon. Charizard can either have his training taking part in races with Staraptor and co. or working up with Infernape and Sceptile.

I guess perhaps it hit it's limits? and as others have pointed out there was the thing between it and Liza's Charla, guess it wasn't meant to be.

I dunno, a pokédivorce would be something Shudo would have pulled as a gag so they probably had Charizard's return be more definite as a pseudo-nod.

Or the most likely option that it's easier just having a throwaway line about Oak sending him than working all the logistics of having him return from the Valley to whoever Ash was.

I mean, Unova was based on the US, which is another country and not PokéJapan so they probably figured they'd need an easier way to get Charizard back if they ever needed to.

well when Charizard first came back during late jouto, it did seem like they were a couple, with Ash's essentially being her bodyguard.

ninja'd me @Spider-Phoenix well played

Needs more Pokémon flavor. I'd use Greninja'd or Ash-Greninja'd :p

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
At this point, it's not no longer necessary in my opinion. Not just Ash became better, he has a lot of stronger pokémon. Charizard can either have his training taking part in races with Staraptor and co. or working up with Infernape and Sceptile.

those are valid points.
I dunno, a pokédivorce would be something Shudo would have pulled as a gag so they probably had Charizard's return be more definite as a pseudo-nod.

Or the most likely option that it's easier just having a throwaway line about Oak sending him than working all the logistics of having him return from the Valley to whoever Ash was.

I mean, Unova was based on the US, which is another country and not PokéJapan so they probably figured they'd need an easier way to get Charizard back if they ever needed to.

well when Charizard first came back during late jouto, it did seem like they were a couple, with Ash's essentially being her bodyguard.

I mean the bodyguard thing can be written off since it really wasn't a big thing, but I still feel like there should've been abit more clarification on Charizard being "done" with the valley in general.

Needs more Pokémon flavor. I'd use Greninja'd or Ash-Greninja'd :p

I will keep that in mind next time dude. Count on it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
...why use OCs for the Crown Tundra arc when Peony's daughter, Hop, Victor, Gloria, Mary, Klara, and Avery exist

There's literally hundreds of game characters who have never seen the light of day in the anime, but no, no, more OCs is the better option
I think the anime staff probably feels OCs will give them more liberty, specially because they don't need to worry about the games using them differently once all's said and done.

It also adds a layer of unpredictability since we don't have anything to base when it comes to their role in the story.
You seriously want them to waste her cameo on something so mundane? lol
Yes.

I think an alternative to having to adress the whole Amour thing is just having a Serena return focus on other aspects of her character with only a little nod to the shipping stuff.
7 episodes are alot if they focus on each Eeveelution.
The anime seems to be more about promoting all region and pokémon. Eevee is a hot merchandise sale so I'd say not only 7 episodes isn't much, it's much less than what they could have been lol

MartínK

Actually Charizard is one of his strongest mons and that is a reality, just like Infernape and Sceptile.

Leonhart

Imagineer
...why use OCs for the Crown Tundra arc when Peony's daughter, Hop, Victor, Gloria, Mary, Klara, and Avery exist

There's literally hundreds of game characters who have never seen the light of day in the anime, but no, no, more OCs is the better option
I'm also not quite sure why they went with original characters when there are plenty of Galar characters that would've been better fits. I personally don't expect much from the Crown Tundra subplot however, so maybe it's for the best that they're introducing new non-game characters for what will likely be an underwhelming set of episodes.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Professor Kukui.....that is all.

Another example: Diantha's main job is being an Actress, didn't stop her from becoming a champion.

Of course people can do multiple things but there's a difference with Gary. He gave up being a trainer to be a researcher. It's something he had felt didn't suit him. That's what I meant with the fact that I'm glad he isn't a part of the WCS just for the sake of a forced Ash vs Gary ranked match.

Ash and Gary have settled their rivalry and are on way better terms now. I appreciate what their relationship is now. He keeps Ash grounded without competing against him, like when he motivated him to go to Sinnoh.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Based on these merchandise
Ash should get Absol, Espeon and Dreepy
Goh should get Eiscue and Umbreon
Umbreon is one of Gary's main Pokemon, most likely his
And Espeon could just be another random Eeveelution like Vaporeon, I would like Ash to get Dreepy though since it could have a relationship with Dragonite and Gengar, getting them some more screentime.

Eiscue is most likely a random capture for Goh but would be nice if we got Melony soon...

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
More Absol and Eiscue merch. New Dreepy and Darkrai+ more of the Galar birds.

EzsWB4FWQAEdv7Y
Pikachu = Ash (duh)
Eiscue, Absol, Dreepy = Goh
Umbreon = Gary
Espeon = Chloe
Darkrai, Galarian birds = Tobias (LOL)

Well, let's see if something like this happens. I posted this about a month ago, and I think it can work. Ash gets his a** handed over by Iris and he visits his old pals at lab and starts using them.
A come-from-behind win by Ash works as well... Then Iris warns him about the trainers from the Ultra Class... Only to reveal that Iris just got demoted from the Ultra Class by "a trainer from Sinnoh with an Infernape" (Flint)...

Morax

King of heroes
I think an alternative to having to adress the whole Amour thing is just having a Serena return focus on other aspects of her character with only a little nod to the shipping stuff.
Why would a serena episode not focus on shipping? That's her shtick. Imagine a kalos episode without mega evolution, or an alola episode without Z moves.

Zariful

In the event that Ash does catch more Pokémon in the series, what do you propose they do for the picture at the beginning of the intro.

Morax

King of heroes
Training at Wikstrom's Castle.
It was a metaphor. Kalos is representative of mega evolution the same way serena's crush is an unavoidable part of her character. They will eventually have to address the elephant in the room i.e her confession at the end of XYZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.