• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A Johto episode to showcase PokéAthlon would be fun but I doubt it's happening, specially with how uncertain things have been recently.

Also, Pokémon will totally snob the Olympics 'cause Japan picked Jibanyan as one of the mascots instead of Pikachu lol

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
You people really are focusing way too much on Merchandise. Merchandise only matters in the context of the Anime when a New Series Begins (they try and advertise "the stars" of the Series ex: Pikachu & Scorbunny for PM2019). Only then can you really get hints. Merchandise really doesn't matter in other situations. For Example, Golisopod appeared in Merchandise in December 2017 and only appeared in the Anime in March 2019.

Not that much as happened with the Sylveon Merchandise that I sometimes notice on Twitter. It was even on the 2020 Pokemon Calendar but yet it hasn't appeared in the Anime so far.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
how many legendary does the goh going to catch in this project mew and if ash will ever catch his first legendary pokemon not counting kubfu apart from kubfu does ash going to catch any legendary
If Gary walks away with Moltres I could see Ash catching Articuno given Gary doesn't seem to be part of project Mew and I think one of the character teases hinted at a him vs Ash which likely won't be possible in the Moltres episode.
Saw this on my Twitter TL

Quite fascinating how we've been seeing Piplup, Luxray, and Drakrai showing up a lot in merchandise recently. All of them are also Gen 4 Pokemon.

I'm kinda wondering if a Darkrai Storyline could be coming? Given what the kind of Pokemon Darkrai is and what we know about it, I can see it being used as an Antagonist who puts people into Eternal Sleep and Ash and Gou have to stop it.
(Also kinda funny how GF tries to hype up Eternatus as this big bad "Evil" Pokemon who needs to be sealed away while Darkrai is the only Pokemon we know for fact has actually MURDERED someone as shown in B2W2)

Also on a slighty unrelated note, I'm guessing Drizzile probably won't last long eh?
Darkrai as Goh's first Mythical, Ash's second, Dark trainer Tsurugi, Tobias, Rando COTD/POTD?

Would be cool to see Goh catch it as a strong dark type to catch Mew, plus I just like the matching color schemes.
Also here's another thing nobody here has mentioned

Given that we're going to what appears to be the Crowned Tundra in the Anime, Eiscue showing up there seems plausible.

And believe it or not, I somewhat believe in Ash catching it.

Ash's Galar Pokemon catches so far have been out of the left field/unexpected picks and Eiscue would DEFINITELY be an unexpected choice for Ash
I'm pretty sure Eiscue and Falinks will be caught by Goh/ Goh and Ash. Snom also seems like a possibility.

Does Eiscue or Falinks fit Ash better?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Saw this on my Twitter TL

Quite fascinating how we've been seeing Piplup, Luxray, and Drakrai showing up a lot in merchandise recently. All of them are also Gen 4 Pokemon.

I'm kinda wondering if a Darkrai Storyline could be coming? Given what the kind of Pokemon Darkrai is and what we know about it, I can see it being used as an Antagonist who puts people into Eternal Sleep and Ash and Gou have to stop it.
(Also kinda funny how GF tries to hype up Eternatus as this big bad "Evil" Pokemon who needs to be sealed away while Darkrai is the only Pokemon we know for fact has actually MURDERED someone as shown in B2W2)

Also on a slighty unrelated note, I'm guessing Drizzile probably won't last long eh?
Well well looks like I was right about this set of Merchandise being connected to the Anime in some fashion

Apparently the set with Inteleon, Luxray, Darkrai and Piplup is the 3rd in a set of Keychains.

Cinderace, Lucario, Pikachu, Dracovish, and Urushifu were in the first set.
(All of them have been important to the Anime)

Crown Tundra related stuff + Gengar and Dragonite in the 2nd Set
(Ash and Gou are wearing Crown Tundra outfits in the Project Mew Trailer and the appear to be in an Icy Place. And Dragonite's got an episode with Iris coming up)

Sinnoh Remake promotion plus Drizzile's possible Evolution in the Future 3rd set? Eevee is self-explanatory

Either way it does indeed confirm Luxray Darkrai, Piplup, Inteleon are on the way
(Not sure about Alcremie lol)

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Why game logic, Bulldoze would be a waste move on Infernape and i like Thunderpunch instead of Acrobatics.

Why would Bulldoze a Ground type be wasted? It would just replace Dig.

Thunder Punch is a good coverage move. That could work, I just think it's a little boring.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
You people really are focusing way too much on Merchandise. Merchandise only matters in the context of the Anime when a New Series Begins (they try and advertise "the stars" of the Series ex: Pikachu & Scorbunny for PM2019). Only then can you really get hints. Merchandise really doesn't matter in other situations. For Example, Golisopod appeared in Merchandise in December 2017 and only appeared in the Anime in March 2019.

Not that much as happened with the Sylveon Merchandise that I sometimes notice on Twitter. It was even on the 2020 Pokemon Calendar but yet it hasn't appeared in the Anime so far.
Merchandise is nothing aside clues about what to expect. Nothing is actually garanted until something like PokeFan point some direction, and even that could be misleading.

Given Ash's team this time is truly mix bag of unpredictable things, I wouldn't exclude eiscue. I'm 50% sure whatever his captures later in the saga will be Galar only mons, but I hope at least one old gen pokemon that isn't a reserve.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
What I want is for the next Alola episode to focus on Ash going there to babysit his little brother Lei. I would love to see the hijinx that would ensue.

Just Ash tho. Goh can can stay at home. Maybe TR follow him since he'll be traveling alone and they find out its Alola and they decide to visit their family there too.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
What 3 galar pokemon would you be interested in seeing Ash catch to round off his Galar team?

Outside of maybe Corviknight, I'm not really sure... Grimmsnarl?, G-Darmanitan?, Appletun?
I’m really only interested in one Galar mon line on his roster and its the Dreepy line and thats it.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
All the remaining Pokémon I wanted Ash to catch have been hijacked by either Gou, Chloe, Leon, or some CotD

So now I don't really care about what Ash catches at this point

I'm satisfied with his current team anyways. Their only problem is their lack of screentime

I don’t even get what people mean with ash ‘winning’ or ‘lossing’ the PWC. Even if he loses what stops him from just challenging leon again?
Maybe because Ash always start new competition each new series.
It’s not like he’s gonna get kicked to normal class again.
He can just retry the previous conferences without acquiring gym badges again but he never did that.

So it is like he only has 1 chance once he enter master 8.

ShadowForce720

Maybe because Ash always start new competition each new series.
He can just retry the previous conferences without acquiring gym badges again but he never did that.

So it is like he only has 1 chance once he enter master 8.
Actually if I recall it was never stated how rechallenging a league you previously lost in works. So it’s unclear if Ash could just take another shot at say the Indigo League again without having to get another 8 badges.

At this point since we have yet to see Ash try to take on a league conference he had previously lost, and since the topic has been properly addressed it means any ideas that there are or are not restrictions to challenging a league conference you previously lost in are just pure speculation.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Episode 65 - Unova
Episode 66 - Kalos
Episode 67 - Filler aka Suspect Pikachu
Episode 68-73 - Probably Moltres & Project Mew

Then we will probably get an Alola Episode and then a Galar Episode before Episode 80.

I predict it will be about Zeroara considering that its in the Current Version of the Opening. The Galar Episode then might be about Zarude.

Status
Not open for further replies.