• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

Infernapes story arc is already done. Why would it join the team permanently? Only for the big battles. That means the writers don't consider his current team as competent, aside from Dragonite and too a lesser extent Lucario.
This.
I believe that the monkey is only going to be around for the Moltres episode and that's it.
Is Pokemon already have enough screen time issues as it is without their more popular Senpai showing up

Rune Knight

Remember when Ash envisioned himself battling against Cynthia's Garchomp at the end of DP using Infernape?

What if this is set up for something similar? What if he is meant to battle her once he gets to the Master's Eight?

It would all come to fruition! Of course this is just theory.

I also don't expect the Monkey to be regularly featured but they can still have it be part of the team!

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Remember when Ash envisioned himself battling against Cynthia's Garchomp at the end of DP using Infernape?

What if this is set up for something similar? What if he is meant to battle her once he gets to the Master's Eight?

It would all come to fruition! Of course this is just theory.

I also don't expect the Monkey to be regularly featured but they can still have it be part of the team!
It is possible as it has been forshadowed in the DP series and i think Cynthia will be there in the Masters Eight Who's to tell even Diantha will also be there and if infernape battles Cynthia it would be a great contest

Rune Knight

It is possible as it has been forshadowed in the DP series and i think Cynthia will be there in the Masters Eight Who's to tell even Diantha will also be there and if infernape battles Cynthia it would be a great contest
Definitely in my opinion the perfect post-game conclusion to The Monkey's story arc.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Personally i'd prefer if they shuffled the matchups, like DP team against diantha, XY team against cynthia etc.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Anything is possible but considering that this is an Absol episode I doubt any other Pokémon besides it and the Glalie line will appear here. Plus the poster isn’t only covering the Absol episode only since Infernape is there and since project Mew also will take place in a snowy place then there is a stronger chance of Ninetales appearing there. Let’s just agree to disagree
I wouldn't rule out any other random Hoenn Pokémon appearing in the Absol episode but I do think A. Ninetales won't be one of them.

nickdt

The master class shouldst be all champions, i won't have it any other way.

Considering Raihan is already confirmed as 7th placed, i doubt it has all the Champions. It prolly has Wulfric on place number 8.

Don'f forget, Lance already takes Kanto and Johto as Champion. If Iris is a Champion, she isn't in either, which leaves one spot open, which makes Wulfric the most likely candidate.

Then you can even argue if Diantha is participating in the PWC, because battling isn't her main job, thats being an actress, so she might not even find the time to be in.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Personally i'd prefer if they shuffled the matchups, like DP team against diantha, XY team against cynthia etc.
It would be a great refresher matchups if both the teams have been shuffled Dp team against Diantha and XY team against cynthia as my poor guy toterra will get some wins under his belt

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
Infernapes story arc is already done. Why would it join the team permanently? Only for the big battles. That means the writers don't consider his current team as competent, aside from Dragonite and too a lesser extent Lucario.
I also don't expect Goukazaru to remain on the team permanently. At most I could see it remaining on Satoshi's roster for several months to tie into the Shinou remakes, but even in that case I would expect it to leave again once BD/SP no longer need heavy promotion. But I think the most likely scenario is for Goukazaru to only remain for the Fire episode.

Rune Knight

Considering Raihan is already confirmed as 7th placed, i doubt it has all the Champions. It prolly has Wulfric on place number 8.

Don'f forget, Lance already takes Kanto and Johto as Champion. If Iris is a Champion, she isn't in either, which leaves one spot open, which makes Wulfric the most likely candidate.

Then you can even argue if Diantha is participating in the PWC, because battling isn't her main job, thats being an actress, so she might not even find the time to be in.
I really think that Raihan will be the one to get outed out to give Ash a place within the Master Eight's roster.

Raihan is also one of the people that Ash is looking to defeat as indicated within the opening sequence.

nickdt

I also don't expect Goukazaru to remain on the team permanently. At most I could see it remaining on Satoshi's roster for several months to tie into the Shinou remakes, but even in that case I would expect it to leave again once BD/SP no longer need heavy promotion. But I think the most likely scenario is for Goukazaru to only remain for the Fire episode.

Him being on the team for several months is permanent for me, especially when the current mons are craving for screentime. Infernape on the team for several months, will make that only worse. There is no point in leaving Infernape on the team on a permanent basis, if it isn't for battles, which his other team members (Except for Dragonite and Lucario), also seriously lack.

I won't mind if the reserves come back, unless they are fall guys to the current mons before the Masters Eight, but we all know that ain't gonna happen to Charizard, Infernape and Sceptile, so i rather them don't return at all.

dman_dustin

. That means the writers don't consider his current team as competent, aside from Dragonite and too a lesser extent Lucario.

So just throw old Pokemon under the bus by placing his current team on an unfair pedastal they don't really deserve THAT much?

So in other words what the hell is wrong with a mix?

Why do Ash's current team deserve to beat Leon's Pokemon and to hell with his other Pokemon?

Oooh Infernape defeated Paul's Electivire so comparable to Dragonite defeating Leon's Dragapault. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.