• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Squirtle? Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve, but Squirtle never disagreed with the idea.
Squirtle was put there because it is part of the orignal trio of starters and the fact that it was brought back before with Charizard and bulbasaur when battling Brandon (think thats his name the regi's user) that to me it evidence that it could be potentially brought back to battle in the PWC. Not to say it will 100% come back but I just think of all of his first stage mons it is more likely that he come back with Zard and bulbasaur for nostalgia purposing along with the kanto pandering the writers to seem love to do.

I'd love to see Buizel evolve. The water gym leader from Sinnoh looked like he could have been so much stronger if it weren't for plot armour being able to deflect hyper beams and deflect big moves like giga impact. Buizel was responsible for the awesome battle between it and Mylene's lucario. Ice aqua jet was pretty cool as well. Buizel better get attention this series.
Buizel is such an underrated ash mon and is easily one of my favorite pokemon Ash owns. I just loved his personality in Diamond and pearl anime with the cool demeanor and it was clearly really strong shown in the battle you had mentioned with Maylene's lucario and even drapion. Also the introduction of combo moves such as ice aqua jet was really cool too I'll admit even though it didn't seem very practical to me due to game logic of a pokemon being frozen it shouldn't be able to move that well but hey, it's the anime they have to do cool stuff like that to grab the attention of fans lol.

nickdt

To me, Gardevoir won't fit Ash that much, because Gardevoir is "too graceful" for him.

If Ash needs a Fairy type, then Clefable might be an option, as a reference to "Electric Tale of Pikachu".
Other options would be Azurill line, Mawile or Impidimp line.

I mean, Sirfetch'd can also be deemed to graceful for Ash, considering its literally supposed to be a White Knight.

ShadowForce720

But the difference is "feminine gracefulness" against "chivalry".
Even if Ash gets a male Gardevoir, it would still have that "feminine gracefulness", which doesn't really match well with Ash, especially his characterization in this Saga.
That’s not really a problem, any Pokémon can really fit Ash. I mean heck if you really look at it Ash’s Leavanny is male and has “feminine gracefulness” and that didn’t prevent Ash from owning it in BW.

So it wouldn’t really cause any issue or prevent Ash from getting a Gardevoir.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Our boi Oshawott needs to ditch Tackle already... maybe even just evolve into Dewott too. That's of course assuming the Pokemon Legends Arceus has a marketing role in Journeys

Doramaru

Ah right, that reminds me regarding his reserves:
-For one, Kingler hasnt had a battle since its shaft in Johto
-For two, Glalie got the boot entirely post-Hoenn League
-Quilava only had 1 battle after a randomass evo
-Gible was a victim of "late-capture syndrome"
-Torterra got completely screwed over in favor of basically Infernape
-Half of his Unova squad need redemption, some evos can help. Fk the personalities, doesnt mean crap if they don't do anything besides comic relief and being useless.
-Half of his Kalos team was practically worthless especially the dragons
-His SM squad was basically the Lycanroc And Torracat/Incineroar Show and the other two being meaningless with another "late capture syndrome" victim, and that round lazy sleepy thing.

How pitiful lmao.
The owl even fought and won more battle than torracat

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
To me, Gardevoir won't fit Ash that much, because Gardevoir is "too graceful" for him.

If Ash needs a Fairy type, then Clefable might be an option, as a reference to "Electric Tale of Pikachu".
Other options would be Azurill line, Mawile or Impidimp line.
It can work, it's hard to judge Psychic types when he's only ever owned one and used said Psychic type once.
I'm sure they can make it work, I've been working on a method myself even though it's not one I personally want to see canonically due to the potential Ash/Gardevoir stuff that will arise
Our boi Oshawott needs to ditch Tackle already... maybe even just evolve into Dewott too. That's of course assuming the Pokemon Legends Arceus has a marketing role in Journeys
Greninja ditching Cut is more of a priority lol One of his strongest Pokemon having that weak lame attack is just embarrassing
I believe Oshawott has a fairly high chance of evolving into Dewott. Quilava could potentially evolve as well but I'd like for him to actually do something first. If the final evolutions get something new then I'd say that Samurott and Typhlosion are most definitely happening, Rowlet's the only iffy one though I'd love it if they evolved him. They should just give Goh a Rowlet, Ash gets Decidueye and they can bank off it's popularity while still having a Rowlet around.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
That’s not really a problem, any Pokémon can really fit Ash. I mean heck if you really look at it Ash’s Leavanny is male and has “feminine gracefulness” and that didn’t prevent Ash from owning it in BW.

So it wouldn’t really cause any issue or prevent Ash from getting a Gardevoir.
Design wise Leavanny's “feminine gracefulness” is much milder compared to Gardevoir.

esquilo09

Now that Go finally caught his second Dark type(as well his first pure Dark type) Now here's my question and insert your best opnions on your replies by posting them on the list.

Which Pokémon will be his;

First pink mon: [insert here] (Not counting Exeggcute who's now a K-Exeggutor and is no longer pink nor Nidoran male because in the games it is purple)
Second Steel type: [insert here]
First canine: [insert here]
First Pika-clone: [insert here]

Last edited:
Now that Go finally caught his second Dark type(as well his first pure Dark type) Now here's my question and insert your best opnions on your replies by posting them on the list.

First pink mon: [insert here] (Not counting Exeggcute who's now a K-Exeggutor and is no longer pink nor Nidoran male because in the games it is purple)
Jiglipuff
Aaron
Growlithe
Dedenne

Ah right, that reminds me regarding his reserves:
-For one, Kingler hasnt had a battle since its shaft in Johto
-For two, Glalie got the boot entirely post-Hoenn League
-Quilava only had 1 battle after a randomass evo
-Gible was a victim of "late-capture syndrome"
-Torterra got completely screwed over in favor of basically Infernape
-Half of his Unova squad need redemption, some evos can help. Fk the personalities, doesnt mean crap if they don't do anything besides comic relief and being useless.
-Half of his Kalos team was practically worthless especially the dragons
-His SM squad was basically the Lycanroc And Torracat/Incineroar Show and the other two being meaningless with another "late capture syndrome" victim, and that round lazy sleepy thing.

How pitiful lmao.
The two mons that I think should come back for the sole purpose of evolving would be quilava because let's be honest Ash should of had a typhlosion in johto but decided to have a bum team instead and have to rely on reservers in the league. The other mon that I believe that should come back and evolve is palpitoad. I say this with a little bit of bias however because admittedly I am a fan of Seismatoad, I couldn't even tell you why I think it may be because of the typing that reminds me of quagsire which is most certaintly in my top 10 for the sole face of how derpy it looks lol. But I think bringing back palpitaod just to evolve may redeem the fact that it got shafted entirely in Unova which would make up for it a little bit in my book. Also it would beef up Ash's Unova team as well a little bit so two birds one stone kind of thing :p

Master Pikachu 11

Hawlucha is the only he needs.
No Noivern needs redemption!
I mean some people wanted Ash to have a Lucario for a long time, and Ash finally has one in this series along with a Dragonite, and Gengar.

So while it isn’t guaranteed to happen, Ash getting a Gardevoir is a possibility.
agreed I hope that he gets a psychic/fairy type that will actually be used more often since Mimey prefers to stay at Cerise’s lab bringing imaginary food and drinks.
I feel like Greninja will return in this series.
Once we see Zygarde in this series, I expect Greninja will show up as well

nickdt

Considering i think that Gohs Sinnoh Dex will be expanded in the coming mons (He only has a Mantyke), i think all those Pokemon are possible all Sinnoh mons
Shellos/Gastrodon (West Sea) - There is a Gastrodon in the opening.
Bronzor/Bronzong
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Pachirisu
However, a second baby Pokemon is also a possibility for him to get and then you can also instantly knock out 2 things with one stone if you give him Happiny, which is a pink baby.

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members

Clefairy
Pawniard
Rockruff
Dedenne

Status
Not open for further replies.