• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't mean to offend anyone but a lot would have to change in order for Ash to get gardevoir. I think right now the assumption that Ash can't get girly pokemon is something that has some sort of truth. Why give gardevoir to a male trainer when it's mainly liked by females? It's like advertising barbie dolls at male's football game.
Well, in XY they started relying on gender stereotypes more.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I don't mean to offend anyone but a lot would have to change in order for Ash to get gardevoir. I think right now the assumption that Ash can't get girly pokemon is something that has some sort of truth. Why give gardevoir to a male trainer when it's mainly liked by females? It's like advertising barbie dolls at male's football game.
Because these are Pokémon and why do they need to be bound by gendered stereotypes?

Pokémon Masters gave Elios a Primarina and Selene a Decidueye

SwSh Merchandise gives Victor the Cinderace Line (A Cutesy Fluffy Bunny) and Gloria the Inteleon Line (A Tall Sneaky Lizard)

Hell SwSh ITSELF gave the Jerk Rival Boy a Hattrene as his Ace and he uses Fairy Types while the Sweet Rival Girl gets a Grimmsnarl as her Ace and she uses Dark Types.

Gendered Stereotypes have only ever been a thing in the Anime starting with XY and it's been really annoying and low-key sexist tbh

Last edited:

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Goh caught Absol... eh, I had already accepted this after that poster.
Now he is gonna catch A. Ninetales too, cause I love this pokémon and want to see Lillie with one, but this anime does the exact opposite of what I would like to see :)
Depends on if you think Lilly may be in the CT which would make sense if the anime keeps the ultra wormholes. A-Ninetales is soon, and CT(?) is soon too, nothing suggests a Alola visit at the moment + the writers rarely give Goh evolved Pokémon.

I think Snowy is more likely.

Though if he does get A-Ninetales, I wonder if he will get a member of every Alola variant line?
Now that Go finally caught his second Dark type(as well his first pure Dark type) Now here's my question and insert your best opnions on your replies by posting them on the list.

Which Pokémon will be his;

First pink mon: [insert here] (Not counting Exeggcute who's now a K-Exeggutor and is no longer pink nor Nidoran male because in the games it is purple)
Second Steel type: [insert here]
First canine: [insert here]
First Pika-clone: [insert here]
Shellos-west, Igglybuff, Cleffa, or G-slowpoke
Fortress, Shieldon, Bronzer, Wormadam trash coat
Growlithe, Rockruff
I don't think he'll get a pika-clone, but I think Dedenne would be the most likely. A-Raichu seems more possible.

First UB: Poipole, Kartana, Buzzwole
First Mythical: Shaymin, Manaphy, Darkrai

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Depends on if you think Lilly may be in the CT which would make sense if the anime keeps the ultra wormholes. A-Ninetales is soon, and CT(?) is soon too, nothing suggests a Alola visit at the moment + the writers rarely give Goh evolved Pokémon.

I think Snowy is more likely.

Though if he does get A-Ninetales, I wonder if he will get a member of every Alola variant line?

Shellos-west, Igglybuff, Cleffa, or G-slowpoke
Fortress, Shieldon, Bronzer, Wormadam trash coat
Growlithe, Rockruff
I don't think he'll get a pika-clone, but I think Dedenne would be the most likely. A-Raichu seems more possible.

First UB: Poipole, Kartana, Buzzwole
First Mythical: Shaymin, Manaphy, Darkrai
It's not Snowy. If it was then Lillie would be on the poster herself and she would be in the Project Mew trailer and they would be hyping her return to the series.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
It's not Snowy. If it was then Lillie would be on the poster herself and she would be in the Project Mew trailer and they would be hyping her return to the series.
If you think it needs to happen in/ before the coming Mew arc, then either they find themselves in Alola sometime this arc (unlikely), or they need to run into a random trainer with A-Ninetales. It's an Alola exclusive.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
If you think it needs to happen in/ before the coming Mew arc, then either they find themselves in Alola sometime this arc (unlikely), or they need to run into a random trainer with A-Ninetales. It's an Alola exclusive.
It might be a random trainer with A- Ninetails Or with lillie returning with her snowy evolving into A- Ninetails Or goh catching A- Ninetails during the mew arc

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Ok so the goh how many legendary and mythical pokemon he is going to catch in this mew arc and if the rivals of goh are there how many legendary and mythical they are going to catch and what our ash is going to do in this mew arc as this mew arc is really a progression of goh focused goal will he achieve it is another question

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
It's going to be on the main cast because it's the only Pokemon on that poster that isn't owned by either Ash or Gou right now.
Well that is the case in the main cast but who will catch it is another question the more chances of catching will be go to goh or even we can see it with chloe catching it

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Ice and Fairy are two Pokemon types that Ash is very... "scarce"; just like Ghost until he officially captured Gengar. So, I want to believe Ash will catch the Alolan Ninetales. He once trained Snowy, so Ash could perfectly have an Alola Ninetales in his team.
Well if for the ice type I think he has glalie

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
But you are right in this two types he doesn't have a pokemon except he has one ice type pokemon he needs to get the pokemon related to these two types ice and fairy type

esquilo09

Considering i think that Gohs Sinnoh Dex will be expanded in the coming mons (He only has a Mantyke), i think all those Pokemon are possible all Sinnoh mons
Shellos/Gastrodon (West Sea) - There is a Gastrodon in the opening.
Bronzor/Bronzong
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Pachirisu
However, a second baby Pokemon is also a possibility for him to get and then you can also instantly knock out 2 things with one stone if you give him Happiny, which is a pink baby.
The Shinx line are felines not canines.

D

Deleted member 384931

I HOPE they wont skip ranks in the hyper class. That would be aweful. Hyper class is the only class I dont want them to skip ranks without showing us the battle, cause the hyper class should be much more difficult

Last edited by a moderator:

AsH KetcHHup

They should have slowed done in super class. I wanted them to show so much more trainers from the past. It wouldn't have had to be PWC. It could've been a normal battle or maybe not even battling. I don't mind the new trainers but I wanted to see more returning trainers like Barry or Conway who are minor rivals who come to mind. Anyways, I think the series on from this point will be amazing except for a lot of Go filler.

D

Deleted member 384931

They should have slowed done in super class. I wanted them to show so much more trainers from the past. It wouldn't have had to be PWC. It could've been a normal battle or maybe not even battling. I don't mind the new trainers but I wanted to see more returning trainers like Barry or Conway who are minor rivals who come to mind. Anyways, I think the series on from this point will be amazing except for a lot of Go filler.
And now the hyper class will be full of e4s and gym leaders. They said that it didnt matter if you are gym leader, you start below. But doesnt that make you have an advantage since you got alot of battles before and make ranking up much easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.