• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Infernape is already coming back, and we are going to see more of Ash's reserves in Episode 68.
Right. But just because we are seeing his reserves doesn’t mean he will start using them (with Infernape very likely being an exception). His Bulbasaur, Muk, and Tauros appeared in SM. They didn’t get used. They just appeared.

Don’t put stake in things currently unconfirmed. I want him to use his old mons too, but the spreading of unconfirmed information won’t make it confirmed.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wasn't there already some rumor which said Ash would be getting a Toxel, some months back, which turned out to be false?

From how things have been going until now, it seems that the Writers are selecting some of Ash's captures based on Fan demand/wish, which is why he ended up getting,
- Dragonite (its an OG Pokemon, plus if i remember right, people complained somewhat when Iris was able to get one easily, but Ash haven't been able to get one for years)
- Gengar (its an OG Pokemon, plus a Fan favorite for Ash since that Gastly line episode in OG Series)
- Lucario (a Fan favorite for Ash since Movie 8)

It's more "super popular Pokemon in general" than "Pokemon fans have specifically wanted Satoshi to get". All those three are enormously popular.

And "rumors" tend to tun out false because "rumors" tend to just be someone making crap up and saying "dude trust me". Why do you even acknowledge them? Anyone can make something up and call it a rumor.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
It's more "super popular Pokemon in general" than "Pokemon fans have specifically wanted Satoshi to get. All those three are enormously popular.

And "rumors" tend to tun out false because "rumors" tend to just be someone making crap up and saying "dude trust me". Why do you even acknowledge them? Anyone can make something up and call it a rumor.
Lol...flashing back to all the YouTube videos saying “Serena returns confirmed!? Go Trades Grookey to Ash!?”

people suck XD

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's absolutely the case that Iris has never been particularly popular as far as Pokemon anime protags go, I have no idea where you've been looking if you got other ideas.

Yeah, this reminds me to that time where Raihan and Leon where ranked as 1st and 2nd in an anime popularity poll in Japan, above Ash and Goh who were ranked around the 20th place.
Those popularity polls really doesn't said so much.

Those two are ABSURDLY popular, so... contrary to the point you apparently thought you were making, those results reflect reality pretty well. Pokemon Centers have entire shelves dedicated to Kibana merch because it sells like crazy.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
What about Absol
While it was popular, it wasn't as popular as Flygon.
It was the 6th movie which boosted the popularity of Absol and Flygon, but Flygon go more focus because of it temporarily teaming with Ash in the Movie.

And, considering that they gave Goh the Absol in the recent episode, and also the fact that out of all of Ash's Pokemon until now, his Fighting type (aka., Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd) knows the most variety of Dark type moves. I think, the writers might be planning on skipping Dark types on Ash again (or atleast skipping Dark types that can use Dark type moves).

It's more "super popular Pokemon in general" than "Pokemon fans have specifically wanted Satoshi to get. All those three are enormously popular.
Well, i agree on that.
But its kind of odd though, because in terms of "popularity", isn't Flygon supposed to be more popular than Dragonite?
Atleast that had been the case since 3rd Gen, and how many people have been complaining on Flygon not getting a Mega during 6th Gen, and even the Creators had to reply on that, because of multiple questions from Fan about it (but there was no mention of a complain relating to Dragonite not getting one).

While they did give Flygon to Goh, but it really isn't that special, considering he catches a lot of Pokemon in general.

Well, i don't really acknowledge a rumor normally.
Just said it because i thought that maybe the "Toxel/Toxtricity" for Ash ship had long sailed, and no one expect it to happen (like with the recent "Kubfu for Ash" one).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
But its kind of odd though, because in terms of "popularity", isn't Flygon supposed to be more popular than Dragonite?

It's fairly equal I think. For what it worth, in the Pokemon Elections 720 back in 2016, Kairyu placed 59th and Flygon 65th. But I don't think they're sitting there and specifically ranking every Pokemon's popularity compared to each other as opposed to just knowing which mons are popular in general.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I always thought the popularity of Dragon type (non-legendary & non-Mega) were something like this,
- Salamence/Garchomp
- Flygon
- Dragonite
- Dragapult
And the only reason Dragonite is still popular, is because an OG Pokemon.

pokebiter from around the world have made thousands of dollars thanks to serena

Serena contributing to the lives of many people without even existing, the best pokegirl, gentleman
No wonder, she is Ranked Top in "Female Main Cast" listing

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Those two are ABSURDLY popular, so... contrary to the point you apparently thought you were making, those results reflect reality pretty well. Pokemon Centers have entire shelves dedicated to Kibana merch because it sells like crazy.

Just judging by number of fanart they get on pixiv, raihan truly is absurd. Already have more than the likes cynthia or other popular character within 2 years.

Morax

King of heroes
It's absolutely the case that Iris has never been particularly popular as far as Pokemon anime protags go, I have no idea where you've been looking if you got other ideas
Wow, i always thought she was popular considering she is voiced by THE aoi yuuki. I guess seiyuus don't really matter when it comes to popularity?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
It's absolutely the case that Iris has never been particularly popular as far as Pokemon anime protags go, I have no idea where you've been looking if you got other ideas.

Heavily disliked=\=particularly popular. I made the distinction earlier. I never said she was popular in Japan. And I said I’ve never sustainable evidence that’s she’s extremely disliked in Japan. It’s like folklore to me; never confirmed but constantly talked about.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
It seems OLM is working on an anime adaption of the Highly Popular Komi-San Manga which will start airing this October. Apparently there are already some animators from Pokemon confirming they will be working on the Production, I wonder if it will affect the TV Series in any way.

It appears the Series Constructor for that is Deko Akao, the same person who wrote those Ash OOC Episodes.

Last edited:

esquilo09

Well there are other popular Pokémon besides those you all mentioned.

Gardevoir
Hydreigon
Arcanine(OG)
Alakazam
Tyranitar
Zoroark
Metagross
Ninetales(K-form, I dunno if A-form is just as popular or more than K-form)
Gyarados
Tyrantrum
Milotic
Luxray
Chandelure
Haxorus
Volcarona
Aegislash
Machamp
Piplup
Salamence
Mimikyu

Last edited:
Things I would do if I were the director of Journeys

-Go decide to become pokemon master and exchange his boldore for Ash's Lucario
-Koharu becomes a tiktok influencer
-Ash loses vs Cameron 3-0 in HyperClass and realizes he's not ready for PWC yet
-Ash decides to travel in another region, Catch a new Charmander and we don't know anything about him anymore
-That AG guy who lives with wailord on an island is now the new protagonist
-Now the series is about that guy, Go and Tracey looking for the one piece on the high seas.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Well there are other popular Pokémon besides those you all mentioned.

Gardevoir
Hydreigon
Arcanine(OG)
Alakazam
Tyranitar
Zoroark
Metagross
Ninetales(K-form, I dunno if A-form is just as popular or more than K-form)
Gyarados
Tyrantrum
Milotic
Luxray
Chandelure
Haxorus
Volcarona
Aegislash
Machamp
Yes Alolan Ninetales is popular but Alolan Vulpix a bit moreso. Also you forgot Mimikyu

Morax

King of heroes

-Ash decides to travel in another region, Catch a new Charmander and we don't know anything about him anymore
-Now the series is about that guy, Go and Tracey looking for the one piece on the high seas.
Is tracey the one with stretchy fingers?

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE

Would be lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.