• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

In all honesty I fail to see why Volkner wouldn’t use his Raichu against Ash. When they had their gym battle Volkner likely didn’t use his Raichu because it was a gym battle and his Raichu is probably just as strong as Flint’s Infernape.

Now considering that they are building up Ash to be able to battle Leon, there really isn’t much of a reason for Volkner not use his Raichu against Ash considering that there battle this time isn’t a gym battle.

This means Volkner won’t have to hold back this time around since he won’t be under the restrictions that he would normally be under at his gym.
If we are going to get surge, i would not want to see 2 Pikachu vs Raichu battles.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It seems OLM is working on an anime adaption of the Highly Popular Komi-San Manga which will start airing this October. Apparently there are already some animators from Pokemon confirming they will be working on the Production, I wonder if it will affect the TV Series in any way.

It appears the Series Constructor for that is Deko Akao, the same person who wrote those Ash OOC Episodes.
Deko Akao did a good job with Shadowverse but reading the synopsis, the premisse didn't appeal me. Either way, I don't think it'll affect the anime that much as animators come and go. Unless it's something major such as, I dunno, executives going insane and firing Yuyama and Tomiyasu at the same time, I don't see any major effect in the show lol

Also, Deko Akao did some good episodes like the Scorbunny's evolution and the fake Raboot farewell ones. Which one of them had Ash be OOC? The only time I felt this way in Journeys were the reluctant Pikachu episode but that one's been written by Reiko Yoshida.

Jibanyan

Yeah, this reminds me to that time where Raihan and Leon where ranked as 1st and 2nd in an anime popularity poll in Japan, above Ash and Goh who were ranked around the 20th place.
Those popularity polls really doesn't said so much.
This is so clueless. Raihan and Leon are very very popular, their merch does extremely well and gets sold out quickly and the reason why they got 1st and 2nd place is because their fans voted for them. Even if their anime counterpart have little screentime people still voted for them because their are Leon and Raihan.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I hope ash faces a returning trainer from each region. So far we have:
Sinnoh- Volkner (hasn’t happened yet but we know it will)
Unova- Iris
Kalos- Korrina

I’d like to see:
Kanto- Bruno
Johto- Lance
Hoenn- Norman
Alola- Kiawe
I don't think that Norman is returning unless they plan on having either May or Max return as well.

One of my big wishes for this season is that Goh tries to collect all 8 gyms badges

Then I would like to see a 4 episode arc about the Sinnoh League, it does not matter if there are only 32 participants or something like that

RafaSceptile

One of my big wishes for this season is that Goh tries to collect all 8 gyms badges

Then I would like to see a 4 episode arc about the Sinnoh League, it does not matter if there are only 32 participants or something like that
Wrong thread, but please NO. We have enough complains about Goh "stealing" Ash's protagonism, now imagine if Goh tries to collect all 8 gyms badges instead of Ash.

Bug type (only had 2 until now)
- Dark type (which actually uses Dark type moves other than Bite or Church)
- Fairy type (while he has Mr.Mime, its treated more of a Psychic type, and its position is somewhat questionable)
- Ghost type (only Gengar isn't enough)
- Ice type (only had 1 until now)
- Poison type (only 1, which is treated as one, though haven't battled for a long time)
- Psychic type (has Mr.Mime, but its position in his team is questionable)
- Steel type (only has 1 until now, which also uses a Steel type move)
Do you only count the pokemons who have that Type move which means excluding Bulbasaur, Gengar and Lucario from Poison×2 and Steel respectively?

Do you also excluding released pokemon such as Butterfree (Bug), Lapras (Ice), and Naganadel (Poison)? Maybe you should have written it as "currently" instead of "until now".

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Do you only count the pokemons who have that Type move which means excluding Bulbasaur, Gengar and Lucario from Poison×2 and Steel respectively?

Do you also excluding released pokemon such as Butterfree (Bug), Lapras (Ice), and Naganadel (Poison)? Maybe you should have written it as "currently" instead of "until now".
Naganadel isn’t release it’s just choosing to stay at it’s home, but Ash would still be able to call upon it if he really needs it.

Master Pikachu 11

Don't forget Incineroar too. Seriously we need to see Ash's Incineroar in action as well
Yes I wouldn’t mind if he used it against Gladion when we finally see him in person again after he and Lillie find their father. He could also use Incineroar against Kiawe as well, although I would be interested in seeing a battle between his Turtonator against Ash’s Dracovish.

Status
Not open for further replies.