• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
While i want it to go to ash, that very well could be what that Piplup in all the merch is about.
I'm actually starting to believe that Piplup might belong to someone else....

Because with Volkner on the horizon, and Darkrai and Garchomp getting a lot of merch there's a lot of Sinnoh focus coming up soon....

Plus now that Iris is done and Gary will soon be as well, we will likely be seeing another old Companion in the Next OP....;)

Icy-Snowflake

Anime is known for giving underrated mons to Ash now.
Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish are all overrated tbh.

I'll only see Ash catching anything if they also intend on having him go through another massive rank downgrade.
I'd prefer him getting a downgrade than entering Master Class without one.

I agree with Kubfu and Toxtricity. But kommo-o and passimian are wayyyyy too many fighting types
"On my way to be a Fighting Master!":p

So is it also possible for Ash to get Pansage and Beautifly since Goh didn't catch them
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, he catches it and it transforms into Ash-Beautifly.

So will Goh showcase all 3 of the Starters G-Max forms?
I think yes. Cinderace might naturally have G-max factor. I don't know about others though. Yet he can use Max Soup on them and Grookey can evolve by then. But what's the use? Pokemon Dens?

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Maybe if Grookey fully evolves. We thought Sobble might take over shoulder mon status but he didn't, then he evolved, Grookey is actually out consistently.

Though funny how Sobble had more battle experience by this point post capture than Grookey does. Still no moves known.
While i want it to go to ash, that very well could be what that Piplup in all the merch is about.
Hopefully not.
Also if Grookey evolves he'll need another shoulder mon.
Kubfu/Toxel.

Kubfu would line up perfectly time wise with Tsurugi having Urshifu, Grookey having been developed, with more development seemingly on the way with Tsurugi, and Drizzile potentially evolving soon.

Though Asahi may have RS and a Kubfu may just be a POTD.

ShadowForce720

I'm actually starting to believe that Piplup might belong to someone else....

Because with Volkner on the horizon, and Darkrai and Garchomp getting a lot of merch there's a lot of Sinnoh focus coming up soon....

Plus now that Iris is done and Gary will soon be as well, we will likely be seeing another old Companion in the Next OP....;)
I wouldn’t really count out Ash catching a Piplup or it joining the cast in general. As keep in mind that even if Dawn and her Piplup return it’s not like they are going to be in a majority of episodes of the current series.

Having Ash, Goh, or Chloe get a Piplup will allow them to showcase it and it’s line off in more episodes then just having Dawn comedy back and showing off her Piplup.

Plus say if Ash were to get a Piplup soon they can keep it a Piplup until around when the DP remakes come out which will likely be in November. Then they can just have it evolve into a Prinplup , and have Dawn with her Piplup showing up around the same time.

They could then have Prinplup evolve further into Empoleon in just a few episodes after it evolved into Prinplup.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash should have captured Passiman in SM64 already.
Honestly he should have captured anything. I'll forever trash Goodra and Poipole's releases for how utterly pointless they were and stupid. Gliscor leaving was a bit repetitive since they just played that card with Cacnea but at least they had a reason for it, bringing in Gible.

"Goodra too OP" lol next gyms are Fairy and Ice, seeing Ash work around Goodra's disadvantage would have been awesome! Instead he came back, drew and left again.... and what is the point of him staying if Florges and her army are good guys? It'd have been better if they pulled another Wobbuffet/Inkay where Ash attempted to leave Goodra but Goodra chose him instead after saying goodbye to his friends.

Poipole... yeah, considering this was the team that literally won him the title of champion it felt like cheating to send him away and bring him back fully evolved. They literally did the easy way out! I could forgive his departure if Ash had at least gotten Sandslash, Jangmo-o, Passimian, something!
Plus there was that whole 'family' thing yet Poipole chooses to leave him behind! Poipole should have stayed and developed properly, perhaps even beat Kommo-o to win Ash Draconium. Him and Melmetal were the only ones without z-crystals of their own. Rowlet and Lycanroc could have easily taken a backseat for him

At least with Goh around Ash'll likely keep everything this time... hopefully >.>
Please give Kommo-o a good episode. I want it to be caught, but I'll take a good battle for it since it's only appearances are the totem, the Dynamax cameo, and getting clapped in the Alola free for all.
Yeah it basically spent it's whole existence jobbing.
I'd like it if Raihan could get one since I honestly don't see Ash getting it atm. If Raihan has Salamence, Druddigon or Flygon on his team I'll scream, what's so hard with giving Dragons like Hydreigon, Dragalge and Kommo-o spotlight?! Am I the only one that cares for Hydreigon? Sure feels like it some days
I doubt we'll even see most of the forms at this rate. Maybe we'll see Inteleon's?
I don't think Grookey will evolve for awhile, he came in late for a reason. It'll probably be like Incineroar where we see somebody else use the G-Max form but he doesn't due to it being a late evolution(and not much of a reason to). I'm waiting until Legends to speculate on a replacement shoulder mon as there just as well could be one there.

Chloe is definitely gonna show off Eevee's for sure, no way they'll miss that one. And Team Rocket are most certainly going to activate Drednaw and Meowth(again) at some point. And this is admittingly wishful thinking but it'd be freaking sweet if they purposefully delayed the Galar Gyms solely so we can see Ash's reserves that qualify undergo it, I wanna see Kingler kick some ass! :cool:

desdar300

Why give him G-max when Koharu isn't in the fights?
Indeed, so far Eevee has presented a new thing, but in Journeys they can break that rule.

I prefer that the reason why evolution is impossible was indecision, as it is similar to Koharu, and more specifically:
"Give a girl who doesn't know which way to go, a Pokémon who, like her, is not sure which path she wants to follow. And then let them find their way at the same time, (Koharu will finally decide what she wants to do, and her Eevee eventually evolving into the form of his choice) "
She's going to battle eventually because that's a part of her growth as a trainer.
Sure it's funner to think that Eevee will evolve into some Mystic Eeveelution but I think that's wishful idolism Imo.
I just can't see the not passing up on the recent gimmick when she's the pseudo third wheel

DuskAstral

She's going to battle eventually because that's a part of her growth as a trainer
Koharu is not a trainer, she has not decided to take this path yet.
There is a possibility that he will decide to be someone else.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Koharu is not a trainer, she has not decided to take this path yet.
There is a possibility that he will decide to be someone else.
But they would probably showcase her trying out the "trainer" path for sometime, because as you said, she didn't decide her path yet, and is looking for her calling.
I would say that, maybe they could showcase Koharu challenging some of the Galar Gyms, not to take part in the Championship, but to try out being a trainer (since Ash isn't challenging the Galar Gyms).
Or, maybe tryout 1 Gym per known Region.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I would say that, maybe they could showcase Koharu challenging some of the Galar Gyms, not to take part in the Championship, but to try out being a trainer (since Ash isn't challenging the Galar Gyms).
Or, maybe tryout 1 Gym per known Region.

I can see in a future plot where she joins the boys in another trip to Galar and they meet a Galar Gym Leader which leads to her battling him/her in a Dnyamax battle. But that's pretty much the only likely scenario I see them doing with her when comes to trying out Pokémon battles.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Looks like Durant will be Go's second steel type.
Definitely a possibility. I personally favor A-Dugtrio, if an Alola return happens, as his next one.

Also in all the certainty of Ash Rookidee (which I don't disagree with), I completely forgot about this Corviknight image.
EuFfPsUXEAsQBI1

Still probably just a Hop Easter egg, and more likely an Ash capture.

Goh still has not caught a Pseudo, mythical or UB.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Back in February, Iwane is saying in this tweet that he wants to see Paul & Alain again. I'm pretty sure if the Staff had any plans for Paul & Alain then Iwane would be on NDA and not allowed to say anything about them returning. So I wonder if this means, the staff don't have plans as of yet for them to come back.

It means nothing, and Iwane says he wants Shinji to return like once a year or so because he really likes the character. Stop acting like he's making these coded hints for you to decipher.

Status
Not open for further replies.