• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It would be completely stupid to see Ash struggling against Gym Leaders in the Ultra Class when he has already defeated a Champion in the Previous Class. I don't think they should have really made Ash breeze thru the First Two Classes so easily like this. I don't think Ultra Class will be any difficulty for him.

Idk Iris recently became Champion, I don't think you can compare her skill level to other reigning Champions just yet. If anything, she's about Ash's level. If it would have been a pure power struggle, I have no doubt Iris would have won. It was just Ash's tactics that made the difference.

We have seen that there are Gym Leaders that are Elite Four levels in terms of strength like Volkner. It would not seem out of place for Ash to struggle against a few of them depending on the situation.

Another thing that we must consider is how much of a rank up or down matches will have in the Ultra Class. If Ash continues to battle opponents close in rank, he is gonna jump up very slowly which gives more chance to see more matches. Losses would be more common without Ash losing much rank. Of course that could be null if Ash (99) beats a rank 20-something right off the start.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hmm. After this next filler episode with incarcerated Pikachu, we'll finally have Ash with Infernape back. My question is if Ash will bring him back to Cerise Labs or if he will stay back at Oak's?

I feel like the answer to that question will determine whether Ash will begin to slowly rotate in his reserves.

Honestly, I think Oak will request Ash to leave his Deacovish with him for a little bit for "research".

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Now to wonder if any Ash reserves evolved offscreen.
Honestly, I think Oak will request Ash to leave his Deacovish with him for a little bit for "research".
Ah yes, the classic "hey wait, transfer that, I need to learn more" move from Oak.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Even worse if they all use a raichu.

As for Raichu being used, I don't mind that as long as they have diverse movesets. Raichu can learn a good variety of moves and it would be interesting to see how differently they all battle. As we saw before, Pikachu doesn't have to be the one to KO them. Gengar took care of Visquez's Raichu. Pikachu can tale care of Lt. Surge's. Maybe Infernape or someone else can take care of Volkner's.
There's always the chance that Volkner doesn't use his Raichu against Ash like before.
Of course that could be null if Ash (99) beats a rank 20-something right off the start.

Since this is last class before Master I'm betting they'll won't do that.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I think Pikachu will forget Electro Web at some point. Thunder punch or Thunder Wave would be a good replacement
Why remove a sort of new move (introduced in Gen 5), for some old moves (from Gen 1), which aren't even that useful?
I mean, have we seen Pikachu fight with its fists in a normal battle? (not counting Z-Move)
Its always fights be either smashing its body or tail and with range attacks, since its punches are weak because of its small body size; so Thunder Punch would be useless.
Thunder Wave would be useless, since Electro Web already covers the paralysis aspect.

If it has to give up on Electro Web, in favor of a new move, my choices would be either "Rising Voltage" (Gen 8) or "Electric Terrain" (Gen 6).

Red and Blue

Why remove a sort of new move (introduced in Gen 5), for some old moves (from Gen 1), which aren't even that useful?
I mean, have we seen Pikachu fight with its fists in a normal battle? (not counting Z-Move)
Its always fights be either smashing its body or tail and with range attacks, since its punches are weak because of its small body size; so Thunder Punch would be useless.
Thunder Wave would be useless, since Electro Web already covers the paralysis aspect.

If it has to give up on Electro Web, in favor of a new move, my choices would be either "Rising Voltage" (Gen 8) or "Electric Terrain" (Gen 6).
Thunder punch could be useful it for some reason can't use it's tail for a finisher. And an opponent could cut their way out of a Electro Web. Thunder Wave would cause Paralysis to last the entire match.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Thunder punch could be useful it for some reason can't use it's tail for a finisher. And an opponent could cut their way out of a Electro Web. Thunder Wave would cause Paralysis to last the entire match.

I honestly don't mind Electro Web, cause I like how versatile the move can be used, plus it's not as generic as electro ball where the only cool time that move was used was the infamous "Pika-Dama"

Red and Blue

I honestly don't mind Electro Web, cause I like how versatile the move can be used, plus it's not as generic as electro ball where the only cool time that move was used was the infamous "Pika-Dama"
I'm not saying Electro Web is a bad move. Just that it's probably the move that will go eventually once Pikachu learns something else

tsunamimijumaru

I like Electro Web for Pikachu's movesets. It's a very versatile move, definitely better than Electro Ball but I still miss Volt Tackle.

If Pikachu were to get a new move at some point I'd prefer to see Quick Attack go. He can speed around opponents without it and plenty of Ash's faster mons have been shown to do so with a priority move. He could get something like Brick Break or Surf or hell maybe they should just make Extremespeed apart of his move pool it's basically a stronger version. I know Quick Attack is kinda iconic at this point but then so was Charizard's Seismic Toss.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Hmm. After this next filler episode with incarcerated Pikachu, we'll finally have Ash with Infernape back. My question is if Ash will bring him back to Cerise Labs or if he will stay back at Oak's?

I feel like the answer to that question will determine whether Ash will begin to slowly rotate in his reserves.

Personally, I think Infernape will go back to cerise labs (and will be brought to the crown tundra)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Let's speculate about Pikachu!

Do you guys think that Pika should learn a new move?
Maybe he could remove Electro Web for some else? Maybe Thunder Punch?
Extreme Speed would be the most ideal in my opinion.
Reading the comments from the initial tweet, I agree with that. I’ll give him that: some people do just hate Goh like he killed their parents lol
Who told you he didn't? :D
"Red is a much interesting character then Ash"
People's obessession with power levels really play a number, doesn't it?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, Ash struggling with Volkner wouldn't be that absurd since he's BFF with one of the Elite 4 and one could argue that if it wasn't for the whole loss of motivation, he'd probably be in the E4 already preferbly replacing Lucien

Decidueye23

Yeah besides arentbgym leadets supposed to like hold back? And test the skill of a trainer etc? Like it would be nice to see volkner go full throttle. Just give us Torterra redemption then lol

Scuff

Squirtle Squad
Well Unova and their respective trainers didn't really scream strong. I think it's totally believable that there are gym leaders here. The stronger ones of course. Sabrina in the original series looked practically invincible. Volkner was an undefeated gym leader. People may not be interested with Lt Surge but I am. I didn't think he'd come back because I though he was finished after Ash had defeated him. Visquez said he was on a training trip 'in order to refine his skills over the electric type' and everyone seems to get some sort of mega upgrade from training trips.
I agree that Unova hasn't really been portrayed that well in the anime. The only trainer I'd argue has been shown as being strong was Caitlin and I mean, she's one of the strongest elite four members from any region so of course she'd be solid. Is it possible that we're all misinterpreting Iris as champion though? Like could she have won the pokemon league without winning the champion's league and that's what they meant? I kinda doubt it but I find it hard to imagine she got past one of the most solid elite fours of any region and yet still got clapped by Ash while being stuck in super class. I get that she went easy on Dragonite to help him grow and had never seen a Dracovish before so she had no clue what it did but still.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
What PM2019 should be doing is giving appearances to Game Characters who didn't appear in the Anime in their respective series (Wally, Hugh, Unova Elite Four, Other Elite Four Members, Janine and etc.). They did that with Wikstorm but I guess that was just a one-off thing and not something they are willing to fully do.

Jers745

I dont know :p
I agree that Unova hasn't really been portrayed that well in the anime. The only trainer I'd argue has been shown as being strong was Caitlin and I mean, she's one of the strongest elite four members from any region so of course she'd be solid. Is it possible that we're all misinterpreting Iris as champion though? Like could she have won the pokemon league without winning the champion's league and that's what they meant? I kinda doubt it but I find it hard to imagine she got past one of the most solid elite fours of any region and yet still got clapped by Ash while being stuck in super class. I get that she went easy on Dragonite to help him grow and had never seen a Dracovish before so she had no clue what it did but still.
Well i think its more of a problem of the show by not letting us see ash train his pokemon more, since we know ash is a seasoned trainer that has been traveling and training for 5 regions with new pokemons and made them powerhouses some even rivaling champions like greninja so that iris even had the upperhand in the battle is more than enough to see how powerful she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.