• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

santiagus

THE MANDALOROCKETS
Godra was done dirty? Yes

But what surprises me is the difference. In 20 episodes or less I think he was captured, fully developed and released, in this series some Pokémon had done nothing in 20 or even 30 episodes .

Morax

KINO is back on the menu boys
but no one ever explains exactly how the Ash-Greninja arc was a waste
Because all of that development amounted to nothing. Greninja never got a chance to show off his strength. The TF arc wasn't really a display of power.
and Ash's loss to Alain is foreshadowed the minute he tells Alain to enter the League
No it wasn't. Ash had already lost to him, twice. The set up was obviously towards a victory. The loss was most probably a last minute decision.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Its definitely a time sink. It's still fun, though, and its a great way to get mythicals and legendaries.
I got like 3 spare Zamazentas without having to buy Shield lol

(I had one already I got from GTS but nice having some where I'm the OT)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Remember: Eevee Taxi>Showcases & Best Girl Dawn <3
I wasnt teyibg to ignite anything. I was just comparing two very controversial leagues and giving my opinion. Especially becauase alot of people seem to keep pointing out Ashs loss at the said league, in which all honestly was more of a marketing botch rather than storytelling fault.
Yeah but it will sadly lead to flame wars which I'll rather avoid since well it is XY's 8 year anniversary and I'd rather it be celebrated. I do think losing at the kalos league the way he did is a storytelling flaw
I keep seeing this, but no one ever explains exactly how the Ash-Greninja arc was a waste. Why does a league loss make the entire arc a waste? The league is just a setup for the true climax of the series, and Ash's loss to Alain is foreshadowed the minute he tells Alain to enter the League so they can battle there.

I disagree with this perspective because I think it's looking at the story from the wrong angle.

I don't think the Ash-Greninja arc is about Greninja. I think it's about Ash. Throughout XYZ, Ash has a rapidly improving Sawyer nipping at his heels, and he tries to push the unmastered bond phenomenon to become "stronger." It's only after he remembers who he is (with the help of a few well-placed snowballs to the face) and work with Greninja to save others that he's able to master the bond phenomenon.

This is a character story about Ash, not Greninja.
I really disagree that it's still a good character story for Ash as well, but I'd rather not discuss it now coz I'll rather XY be celebrated than bashed on today lol. Feel free to PM me or ask me to respond to this a few days later though if you wanna hear my full perspective :)

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak

You'll need a lot of dog food or maybe even lots of deers...... (Maybe zamazenta is a vegan ).

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…
You'll need a lot of dog food or maybe even lots of deers...... (Maybe zamazenta is a vegan ).
That's a lot of Stantlers and Sawsbucks.

GO Fest was great for the legendary collections in my house. My kids and I caught a ton of legendaries.

Teravolt

ALI CONFIRMED!!!
That's a lot of Stantlers and Sawsbucks.

GO Fest was great for the legendary collections in my house. My kids and I caught a ton of legendaries.
With Go Fest, I ended up getting four Palkias. FOUR.

I got a shiny Ho-Oh, too, but I already had one.

Teravolt

ALI CONFIRMED!!!
Wait did you get them from PoGo? Can you transfer Pokémon from Pogo to swsh and vice versa?
There’s PoGo to SwSh transfer, but not the other way around.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
No it wasn't. Ash had already lost to him, twice. The set up was obviously towards a victory. The loss was most probably a last minute decision.
The loss wasn't a last minute decision, Alain wasn't invented just for the League and he'd been established as a big brick wall that Ash could not hope to defeat with his current team. Writers have already said that Alain was planned from the start to KO Ash of the League. The true last minute write was Tobias who appeared right as the Sinnoh League started. Alain wasn't a last minute additon, he had an established presence and there was no indication outright that Ash was going to beat him. The climatic Ash victory was Sawyer

Morax

Alain wasn't invented just for the League and he'd been established as a big brick wall that Ash could not hope to defeat with his current team
So….just like paul and gladion?
Writers have already said that Alain was planned from the start to KO Ash of the League
source or gtfo
Alain wasn't a last minute additon, he had an established presence and there was no indication outright that Ash was going to beat him
Watch some shounen for god’s sake. ‘MC losing to the rival several times before defeating him at the big event’ is hardly a pokemon thing and it’s obvious that’s what they were going for.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Watch some shounen for god’s sake. ‘MC losing to the rival several times before defeating him at the big event’ is hardly a pokemon thing and it’s obvious that’s what they were going for.
XY was never shounen. It had shounen-like action but was still a komodo anime at heart.

Plus here's the source: Some things I misremembered but thay seemed to be the director's intent within the story of XYZ to have Alain be at the League. So seems that the loss wasn't a last minute write like Tobias
Take everything in that interview with a grain of salt post-XY coz director left after XYZ and isn't in charge of SM/JN

Jers745

I dont know :p
Lets be honnest here it was a shounen like, and alain was probably gonna lose like Morax said tho if anything it was a reasonable outcome greninja had only just mastered his new form meanwhile charizad had already battled legendaries and other Megas

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Is this the first time in a while that it's super hard to talk about Pokémon Capture predictions?

Ash already has a team of 6.
Goh captures everything with a pulse for his trophy collection.
Chloe is tied to Eevee's development atm.

Even TR is pretty much done. James has Morpeko for whatever reason. Jessie could catch something but they never do anything with their own Pokémon anymore.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Is this the first time in a while that it's super hard to talk about Pokémon Capture predictions?

Ash already has a team of 6.
Goh captures everything with a pulse for his trophy collection.
Chloe is tied to Eevee's development atm.

Even TR is pretty much done. James has Morpeko for whatever reason. Jessie could catch something but they never do anything with their own Pokémon anymore.
It is. I honestly wholly believe there's nothing else in store for Ash, he's already almost at Masters Eight level. Gengar's getting G-Max soon and there's zero indication that any of his reserves are returning so I think we can safely wrap up predictions for his team.

As for TR, they got corrupted by Gacha so bye-bye to any new captures for Em.

I wonder if Chloeharu's getting something herself tho. One can wish

Jers745

I dont know :p
Now you guys have me in doubt, i know its out of topic but
How was this thread but for the SM and the XY(Z) was it more active, did they have more to discuss about?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Now you guys have me in doubt, i know its out of topic but
How was this thread but for the SM and the XY(Z) was it more active, did they have more to discuss about?
Yeah, Ash already has a full team here whereas in XY(Z) and SM he caught other Mons late into the season. So all we can do is croak dream of him getting something like a Tyranitar but I won't hope too much for anything

Morax

XY was never shounen
And yet it followed all of those ‘shounen’ tropes to the book? This is such a non-argument, what matters here is the tropes it follows and not the demographic.
Plus here's the source:
Nothing in there says alain was supposed to be unbeatable. If anything yajima wanted to make him the anakin to Ash’s luke, implying that he was meant to be defeated.
Take everything in that interview with a grain of salt post-XY coz director left after XYZ and isn't in charge of SM/JN
This argument again? You don’t understand how corporate interviews work. He’s not the one making decisions here, it’s everyone. What he said reflects the thoughts of the entire production team including the producers and the executives. Like how steve jobs spoke on behalf of Apple, yajima is but a spokesperson representing the company.