• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Any news/promo/merch/hints regarding new captures for Ash/Goh/Chloe lately?
Hinted for Ash through Merch:

Mega Lucario (All but Confirmed)
G-Max Gengar

Hinted for Goh through Merch:

Inteleon (All but Confirmed)

Rumored for Both:

Kubfu
Toxtricity

Shown in Merchandise but Unknown for which Trainer:

Piplup (This could also be Dawn's)
Alcremie
Eiscue
Falinks

Hinted for Chloe through Merch:

G-Max Eevee

Last edited:

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Ash with Hatterene would be a welcome decision. Ash rarely gets the more “feminine” Pokémon and I think that’s a real shame, because a lot of those have cool designs and concepts that would go great with him. Its typing would also be new for him (Mr. Mime doesn’t count).

Megapixel

Ash with Hatterene would be a welcome decision. Ash rarely gets the more “feminine” Pokémon and I think that’s a real shame, because a lot of those have cool designs and concepts that would go great with him. Its typing would also be new for him (Mr. Mime doesn’t count).
I would love ash with a Hatterene, as you say, it would be a good fairy-like implementation to the ash team (mr mime no longer uses it) but knowing how the directors handle this, anyone will have a hattena or hatterene less ash

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I doubt Ash will catch an Onix, it's not a very popular Pokémon. But I do agree on the Go's Magikarp and Pidgey evolving.

I don't see why Onix is not a populer Pokemon. It was basically Brock's "signature Pokemon" and the team's heavyhitter when Ash's Charizard wasn't an option. I truly believe this Pokemon would be a good fit for Ash.

RafaSceptile

I don't see why Onix is not a populer Pokemon. It was basically Brock's "signature Pokemon" and the team's heavyhitter when Ash's Charizard wasn't an option. I truly believe this Pokemon would be a good fit for Ash.
Brock is an iconic character, but I don't think his Pokémon are really iconic, except for maybe Croagunk and that is mainly for the gag joke in DP.

D

Deleted member 384931

Almost 10 episodes since Drizzle appeared after evolving. I guess it wont appear again until it evolves. I am forgetting it exists sometimes ngl. What a way to treat a starter.

Oh yes Gengar is reaching dangerous Palpitoad levels of being used in battle

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibrahim Saidu

There have been rumors about Ash and Goh capturing a Kubfu each one and evolving them into a different version of Urshifu. Also with each one of them getting a different version of Toxtricity.
What about the Applin? Is there anything on Ash and Goh getting an Applin and evolving them into different evolved forms?

Zariful

Almost 10 episodes since Drizzle appeared after evolving. I guess it wont appear again until it evolves. I am forgetting it exists sometimes ngl. What a way to treat a starter.

Unless Episode 71 miraculously has a trainer battle with it, Gengar will have officially not fought in a trainer battle onscreen in a year. Dragonite was dangerously close to that as well. It was nearly 11 months for Dragonite. But since it battled in early May, it didn't quite hit that. But that was still pretty bad. Sirfetch'd got spared that cause of its arc. Dragonite and Gengar both helped against some gigantamax mons. But they didn't get to fight against Rose unlike Lucario.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I think gengar will get the g-max form in the future and I hope it is true though that ash gets both kubfu and toxitricity and I also hope in this project mew arc goh doesn't catch mew and if you let goh catch mew then I think you should also give ash a legendary as well apart from kubfu we are not going to be satisfied that goh gets a mew and ash didn't get the legendary pokemon either it will be a missed opportunity for ash

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Brock is an iconic character, but I don't think his Pokémon are really iconic, except for maybe Croagunk and that is mainly for the gag joke in DP.

Onix > Croagunk. I like his Croagunk, but if you'd ask group of 30 year old people if they remember Brock from Pokemon - and if they remember what pokemon he had, people would either say they can't remember what is was called or Onix.

The first gym win with Onix only being defeated because Pikachu set off the sprinklers in this show is iconic. Croagunk is a gagmon that came into the show way too late in its run to be anything near iconic.

1. Ash/Pikachu vs. The Spearow flock.
2. Onix binding Pikachu and Ash giving up only to win because of sprinklermalfunctions.
3. Charizard vs. Magmar.
4. Basically anything with Mewtwo.
5. Charizard sleeping costing Ash his league match.

There are many more memorable moments that I can mention (heck I personally think the Yaz vs. Kaz-gym episode is iconic), but the above pretty much are a step above and instantly visually recognizable. Anything after it doesn't really come close to becoming iconic. Yes, that includes big achievements like Pikachu vs. Dragonite, Charizard vs. Blastoise, BlazeNape vs. Electivire, Ash-Greninja vs. M-CX - which are all huge moments, but if I were to ask a 30yo if they ever watched the anime, and if they would say yes, I'm pretty sure they could recall the above 5 moments. Or if you'd show them a visual reference, they would know the story.

Palpitoad can only (effectively) be used in reference to appearances outside of battle. As there are Pokemon that battled less then Palpitoad, like Melmetal, Goodra, Gliscor, Kingler and Muk.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Holding out hope that this Piplup merchandise is to promote Dawn. Also holding out that the reason Chloe has been a background recurring character all this time because they’ve been saving the female main slot for a Dawn return later this series……anything can happen.

DuskAstral

I think gengar will get the g-max form in the future
And I hope it doesn't. Satoshi doesn't care about Gigantamax, so giving him a second G-max doesn't make sense to me.
and if you let goh catch mew then I think you should also give ash a legendary as well apart from kubfu we are not going to be satisfied that goh gets a mew and ash didn't get the legendary pokemon either it will be a missed opportunity for ash

I don't want Satoshi to catch a legend just because Gou has one. I prefer each of them to catch Pokémon according to personal preference, rather than "I'll catch a legend, a mythical, etc" just because the other one has.

Status
Not open for further replies.