• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!

Megapixel

I also read that by the end of the month we will have a new OP, Recently a Twitter user has been sharing images of the chapters before being broadcast from Russian forums, he has just shared the announcement of the new OP for the end of the month

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So Piplup isn't Iconic? :p

I think someone else already posted this a few pages ago.

I'm curious about how they'll explain its quick evolution.

Piplup is popular, no doubt, but nowhere near as iconic as Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo and perhaps even Togepi..

Drizzile was appaled that it didn't directly evolve into Intelleon. If that wasn't phoning in 'rushed middle evo'-plot then I don't know what to say.

Hunter J >>>>>>>>>> all of them. She is hot. Bring her back

She ded though...

We aren’t in the posthumous category here.

Also, adult wise, Cynthia > universe.

Cynthia's overrated. Cold. Gimme some Delilah..

Is it that bad? I will see some gym battles. I know he lost to an idiot in league.

Which season you find most entertaining?

Best Wishes (unironically) started off very, very promising. I can honestly say I was really excited about most of the new characters and the plot that was being build-up (yes, I could even see Trip ending up somewhat as a decent booksmart rival compared to Ash's improv-style). And then the 2011 seaquake, tsunami and Fukushima meltdown happened and a lot of that what was planned supposedly got binned and never seen of again. Then they rushed the entire region to get to the League, leaving barely any episodes for development of the pokemon and/or human characters. I distinctly recall Castelia -> Nimbasa taking forever (edit: 6 months) and the last 3 to 4 gyms being done in what seemed like 2 months (edit: gym 5-8 was the stretch 61 - 83/84 and took the same amount of time as getting to Nimbasa from the 3rd gym). I mean coming after Sinnoh, which did amazing with the Paul/Infernape-storyline and well enough with developing other Pokemon, you couldn't help but assume everything just got chucked and we didn't get the real planned effort. I mean Ash had a massive line-up and instead of seeing those pokemon get developed going towards the league, we barely got to see them at all and if we did it was during a battle. Just a hint: Snivy, a starter of all things considered, didn't get ANY new moves or worthwhile development. It was just there for promotional purposes and one literally never appeared outside of battles.. Again, compared to Sinnoh where the stretches between gyms took about 15 episodes on average, there was the necessary time to breathe and develop rivalries and pokemon. Heck, we especially saw Ash work on his pokemon during the Snowpoint -> Sunyshore gap so we knew they were being made ready for the league instead of being phoned at the end.

Iris was a highlight for me with each of her character-episodes giving a nod to her becoming closer to her goal (even if some disliked some writer choices). Cilan was pretty mèh to me, but he had his fanbase.

After the league (which you heard about) we got a decent adaption of the N-storyline. And then we got the Decolore Archipelago-arc. Which added a string of unnecessary fillers which could've been better used to space out that ep61-83 rushfest and give Ash's Pokemon more character development.

So I'd recommend watching all episodes until the Castelia-arc, then the DonTournaments-arcs, GymBattles and Iris episodes. Actually, I'd just recommend watching most episodes up to the league as it's not as bad as many people make it out to be. Just skip what are obvious fillers and you can condense it to about 50-60 episodes or so 70 at most.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Apparently lmao is triggering for some ppl :p
Honestly I do tend to overuse it here but not my fault since I tend to use emojis more often and there aren't many options here
You have to be a massive snowflake to get offended by “lmao”.

Lmao.

Decidueye23

If Lucario is iconic, so is King Piplup!
Did Piplup have an entire movie dedicated to itself? Did it receive a mega evolution That was handed to the players as their first one ever? No.

Howeever did it receive stark spotlight in the anime? Yes? Did it receive an everstone to make sure it stays enevolved? Yes.

So yeah Both are icons haha! Just lucario is a more universal across all platforms icon.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Piplup is popular, no doubt, but nowhere near as iconic as Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo and perhaps even Togepi..
What about Lucario??

Drizzile was appaled that it didn't directly evolve into Intelleon. If that wasn't phoning in 'rushed middle evo'-plot then I don't know what to say.
Which is a shame because Drizzile learning to accept itself probably would've made for a compelling storyline then whatever Journeys comes up with

What's with Waifu wars?
not sure it deserves a thread but is it possible for Chloe to join Ash and Goh?

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Why would it be a bad thing to say "lmao" and "lol" a lot anyway...
lol
When used in moderation? it's not. Some people have a tendency to attach a "lol/lmao" at the end of every sentence when the argument gets intense which is a symptom of desperation and nervousness. Friendly advice, use them as little as possible when trying to convince somebody. ;)

Pikachu111213

Traveler
When used in moderation? it's not. Some people have a tendency to attach a "lol/lmao" at the end of every sentence when the argument gets intense which is a symptom of desperation and nervousness. Friendly advice, use them as little as possible when trying to convince somebody. ;)
I’ve come to find a lot of people use them (especially lol in my experience) to just show everything is good, and they aren’t trying to sound mean, or come off agitated. Tone is so hard to convey over typing that people will throw in lol or lmao as a sort of virtual handshake.

Anyways....

anyone think we will see Infernape again? Seems so weird for it to be front and center on a poster for a 30 second battle with moltres...

Also, Why Can't Chloe join Ash and Goh the same way Misty, May, Dawn, Iris and Possibly Serena did join Ash Ketchum? it's not been done before in a Pokemon anime series but I wonder if She can use her Yamper and Possibly Eevee if it wasn't for filler episodes in the way?

Edit: I forgot to mention the fact that Contest should have give Chloe a Chance at contest.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
I’ve come to find a lot of people use them (especially lol in my experience) to just show everything is good, and they aren’t trying to sound mean, or come off agitated. Tone is so hard to convey over typing that people will throw in lol or lmao as a sort of virtual handshake
Oh you sweet summer child.....It's all a facade. People love to use them poker faces but underneath they're a nervous wreck. Le "i am fine" wojak face is the perfect illustration of these folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.